Page 81 of 270 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4044

Dick’s not the one they had forget. Anyway it doesn’t seem Starfire is in a position to actually object to anything beyond showing concern. I agree it they aren’t bringing back the sex pot, but the perpetually waiting for him Starfire we’ve seen before. Which honestly isn’t much better. But if we are to take Future State as a prelude, things are probably going to turn rather tempestuous between them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-25-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So he and Babs got “married” at the end of Death Metal and then they have him dating Starfire?
    The end of the book reboots to before issue 1, so all of Death Metal didn't actually happen except for the epilogue (restructuring the multiverse, Diana ascending).

For all intents and purposes, only about 5 pages matter. Dick and Barbara's "marriage" did not.

I just think it's lame to start this fake drama when TTA could focus on other things and show Kory and Dick have a strong relationship differently. Especially without bringing Barbara into this. This isn't great for DickKory fans either.

But, hey, maybe they'll talk about Dick's comic non-existent Red X identity, which will need loads of page time to be explained well. Page time TTA doesn't have by nature of focusing on so many characters.

And maybe there'll be more info about why and how Dick took in the Bat Pack, who have all but made an edgy joke about Dick, in July.

Incredible Member

I just hope none of this crosses over to Taylor's run. No need to have this Titans mess be even called out in that book.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That "date" though doesn't seem to be more then a casual bang.
    if it's just casual bang he won't need to assure Kori that Babs is just work

Technically I think they just started alongside the Academy opening, so it's not super serious yet, this is their first bang in a while, but it's not without some actual feelings either

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Is this a win? Or is this a longform way of saying "he picks Barbara in the end?!"
    This is what I was thinking, but not exactly. Tim and Tom are going to continue what they each are going to do without much concern about what the others are doing beyond simple acknowledgement, but even if we look at it as a shared universe, since Tom's story is slower, that gives the chance to Tim to do Dick Kori without much problem.

I imagine out of all the slow burn plot in Taylor's Nightwing, Dick Babs are going to be the slowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it's something instead of pretending Kory was never important to Dick.

Dressing herself after a night together with Dick doesn't make her a sexpot because it doesn't seem like a casual fling otherwise she wouldn't be concerned about Barbara and Dick wouldn't feel the need to clarify that there's nothing going on there.
    Right? I actually kinda like this, because they're actually handling it and so far it fits what's happening in both books. Dick is casually dating Kori, but he's not forgetting how much Barbara means to him, but he's not two-timing both.

It's not just complete erasure like Post Crisis Dick saying he never loves Kori, or New 52 not doing anything with either, or Rebirth saying Kori is just a college fling. I'm not saying it will be the most sensitive, much less satisfying, but it's better than the previous portrayals.

Also whatever endgame they're doing by the time the series end, it will be undone again by the time the next team roll out, so I'm just gonna enjoy the drama as long as it can and as long no one is getting character assassinated, which so far, they don't.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-26-2021 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    if it's just casual bang he won't need to assure Kori that Babs is just work

Technically I think they just started alongside the Academy opening, so it's not super serious yet, this is their first bang in a while, but it's not without some actual feelings either.
    He didn't actually need to assure her though. He was just making Kory feel better. She seem to dejectedly accept things as soon as he said Babs. She doesn't seem to to be in a position to actually object to anything though. Quite frankly, if they were dating, Dick having to spend more time at Bludhaven wouldn't be big deal to a girlfriend that could fly.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-26-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I just hope none of this crosses over to Taylor's run. No need to have this Titans mess be even called out in that book.
    I don't see it happening. The book is so rooted in it's own story, I can't imagine any need or Tom to reference it.

Well I'll just say that of the 2 I'm going with the one that doesn't tie dick down to batman.

Didn't read anything from Death Metal so I found it rather funny that Dick/Babs married there, but it didn't matter. What the **** Snyder, what the ****.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well I'll just say that of the 2 I'm going with the one that doesn't tie dick down to batman.
    100% this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I think an acknowledgement would be nice enough.

(I kind of wonder if Taylor cares about Kory, come to think of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He didn't actually need to assure her though. He was just making Kory feel better. She seem to dejectedly accept things as soon as he said Babs. She doesn't seem to to be in a position to actually object to anything though. Quite frankly, if they were dating, Dick having to spend more time at Bludhaven wouldn't be big deal to a girlfriend that could fly.
    I dunno, it doesn't read to me as two people uninvolved otherwise the dialogue would be very different or just more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't read anything from Death Metal so I found it rather funny that Dick/Babs married there, but it didn't matter. What the **** Snyder, what the ****.
    It wasn't Snyder who wrote the actual marriage, not sure if he was involved with the idea at all, but as someone who did read it: it was so bad I honestly wonder if the writer even likes the characters. Like, I don't even just mean Dick, but even Babs gets written terribly and I just have to wonder how you write a relationship so poorly without doing it on purpose lol, which is an issue given she was the writer of the Batgirl book at the time iirc. She also had Babs tell off Dick in a Batgirl issue, which was weird because she again made it seem like Babs is just a terrible person. It made the "will-they, won't-they" nonsense of the New 52 seem decent.

All I'm gonna say on this is at least there seems to be a slightly more mature approach to Dick's relationships with Babs and Kori. It absolutely sucks when Dick's relationship with Kory is erased or diminished just to justify his relationship with Babs. If the intention is to actually build up a meaningful relationship between Dick and Babs for the first time in a decade or more, while also reestablishing that Kory matters to Dick, then I can appreciate that (as long as that doesn't mean Kory herself is mistreated as a character). If the opposite happens, I'd be ecstatic. If neither happens, I'll just be upset so I guess I'll have to wait and see where this is going lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 04-26-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    If neither happens, I'll just be upset so I guess I'll have to wait and see where this is going lol.
    I'll tell you where this is going: No matter what, one nerd fanbase will war against the other. I've foreseen it.

I don't really understand why everyone is upset. This has been the same status quo since like 2006. Dick and Barbara just dance around each other without committing with the constant "will they/won't they" drama mixed in, and then Dick occasionally hooks up with Starfire. Nothing has changed. Dick and Starfire haven't interacted much given this is the first time they have been in the same book since before the New 52. She was off running around with Jason and hooking up with Roy in Outlaws, had her solo for a bit, then was stuck on Damian's Teen Titans, and then was out in space for all of Rebirth when Dick was put on a team book in Titans for the first time since the New 52, but despite that they still had occasionally hooked up while Dick and Babs were dancing around each other like always. Nothing's changed.

The thing that bothered me was the Titans book bringing up Bludhaven. Why is it only Dick that gets that kind of treatment? When Bruce is in the JL he doesn't have an Alfred or someone contact him about Gotham to remind him about it. Same with a Superman and Metropolis. It just feels like they are using Bludhaven as this excuse to not have Dick be able to do things because he has commitments to Bludhaven, but this doesn't get brought up with other heroes that have the same kind of commitments. Even when a Dick was in Gotham or somewhere it was always "I have to go check on Bludhaven" whenever they wanted to write him out of something, which was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't really understand why everyone is upset. This has been the same status quo since like 2006. Dick and Barbara just dance around each other without committing with the constant "will they/won't they" drama mixed in, and then Dick occasionally hooks up with Starfire. Nothing has changed. Dick and Starfire haven't interacted much given this is the first time they have been in the same book since before the New 52. She was off running around with Jason and hooking up with Roy in Outlaws, had her solo for a bit, then was stuck on Damian's Teen Titans, and then was out in space for all of Rebirth when Dick was put on a team book in Titans for the first time since the New 52, but despite that they still had occasionally hooked up while Dick and Babs were dancing around each other like always. Nothing's changed.

The thing that bothered me was the Titans book bringing up Bludhaven. Why is it only Dick that gets that kind of treatment? When Bruce is in the JL he doesn't have an Alfred or someone contact him about Gotham to remind him about it. Same with a Superman and Metropolis. It just feels like they are using Bludhaven as this excuse to not have Dick be able to do things because he has commitments to Bludhaven, but this doesn't get brought up with other heroes that have the same kind of commitments. Even when a Dick was in Gotham or somewhere it was always "I have to go check on Bludhaven" whenever they wanted to write him out of something, which was annoying.
    I'm not upset. I'm happy to see Dick and Kori are lovers again.

I'd be upset if this is to lead into another round of "Dick loves Babs more than he loves Kori" or Kori's constantly worried about him going back to Babs, but hopefully there's more to it than that.

Yeah nightwing seems to be in full nostalgia mode right now, which is why I'm not really feeling this run right now outside of the art. It just feels like nightwing's greatest hits right now and a been there done that feel.