Page 96 of 270 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4044
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Even action heroes need rest and a good amount of a crime fighters work involves investigations which is an excellent reason why he would take a desk job as a cop.

It compliments his role as Nightwing.

Dick is more than action and adventure. He is also a detective.

Nightwing doesn't just deal with bad guys he see's committing crimes on the street. He works cases
    This Nightwing wants to do more as Dick Grayson so why not in becoming a representative for the community

I can't believe people are arguing for Dick to get some kind of desk job. It feels completely counter to the kind of person he is. He's the kid that grew up in a traveling circus and then became a superhero. Being stuck behind a desk pushing papers seems like it would be a nightmare for him.

One of my hopes with Alfred's money was that Dick wouldn't have to work a day job, but no, literally nothing changes.

.....Yeah I’m going with the obvious Joke reference when it comes to the brand new villain.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I really liked #80. I think Taylor recognizes that Redondo is operating on another level here and is giving him room to breath. Not overloading pages with boxes telling readers what’s happening, but instead trusting the art to display what’s happening to readers. And when it’s this good, that’s a great call. Cause Redondo is killing it. The fight scenes, the character expressions, the character designs, it’s outstanding. All the Bludhaven stuff aside, not that I personally mind it, when the creative team is operating in synch like this it’s very hard not to appreciate a comic.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-18-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Yeah, I dug this issue. I've said at length that street level, bat family rooted, Bludhaven centric Nightwing isn't really my hopes and dreams for the character, but I definitely think this is well executed. First few issues lacked in action, which I'm willing to forgive. This one had a bit more, which was welcome. I really enjoyed all the interaction with Tim and Babs. I'm not angry about the Babs will they won't they. This at least had some good paneling/spacing/timing about it. Also... Dick has a law degree? I guess *everything* really did happen.

I loved, best issue of the three we had until now.
    Also, i really like the new ways Redondo is using the escrima sticks.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm glad the 'did Dick cancel his cards?' thread got resolved. (I say this in jest, I brought it up.)

I really liked the panel where Dick threw the stick and Tim caught it.

I agree. Best Issue so far. Tim and Babs were used well and I like that they brought back Dick's Law education and his time in the police. Tim's and Dick's fight against Brutale and Electrocutioner was fantastic.

What I don't quite enjoy about the art are the more stylized panels. While chibi Babs worked well, the "Dick assembles a staff" was kinda awkward, imo.

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Yeah, I dug this issue. I've said at length that street level, bat family rooted, Bludhaven centric Nightwing isn't really my hopes and dreams for the character, but I definitely think this is well executed. First few issues lacked in action, which I'm willing to forgive. This one had a bit more, which was welcome. I really enjoyed all the interaction with Tim and Babs. I'm not angry about the Babs will they won't they. This at least had some good paneling/spacing/timing about it. Also... Dick has a law degree? I guess *everything* really did happen.

Same here, I don't like the direction, but you look at what Redondo is doing and its hard not to praise the book. How long before he is moved to a bigger book?

Also, cringed hard at the line about Tim being the best Robin.

Such a nice art wasted in such an aggressively mediocre story. It's so stuck in the 90's that forgot Demian existed.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Also, cringed hard at the line about Tim being the best Robin.
    It makes sense for me that Dick would say this about Tim. Definitely double took at the line at first, too. I can just see Dick being this affirming towards Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    It makes sense for me that Dick would say this about Tim. Definitely double took at the line at first, too. I can just see Dick being this affirming towards Tim.
    It made sense before, now Tim shouldn't need these kind of reaffirmation of Dick and Dick should know better than saying them.

I have to wonder what Dick and Babs have done with having a law degree .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It made sense before, now Tim shouldn't need these kind of reaffirmation of Dick and Dick should know better than saying them.
    Tim didn't hear it, it was in Dick's narration, not said aloud.