Page 98 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It's a regression. I hate it. It'ss so unambitious, and boring and average. Just a staled waste of characters and art in nothing but fanservice, all in a time where DC only seems to have value as a IP generator, why would they keep the book around when is the same story from 3 decades ago?
    I know right! Im glad that people are enjoying the book and the art is fantastic but I don't believe this is a good direction for nightwing in the long run. It's too bat centric and grounded like all of the other bat books. Its not giving nightwing his niche outside of batman but under batman no different than any other bat sidekick and that going to hurt dick in the long run.

Now with Jace getting his solo batman book and there now being two Batman. Does this make into nightwing batman extra lite?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I know right! Im glad that people are enjoying the book and the art is fantastic but I don't believe this is a good direction for nightwing in the long run. It's too bat centric and grounded like all of the other bat books. Its not giving nightwing his niche outside of batman but under batman no different than any other bat sidekick and that going to hurt dick in the long run.

Now with Jace getting his solo batman book and there now being two Batman. Does this make into nightwing batman extra lite?
    no it means he free of the reposiblity of the mantle, however, he is still head of the family since they dont know Jace and wont follow and yahoo in the suit

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dynamic art .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    His leg kind of looks crushed.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The art is amazing but Tynion has never done it for me and his Detective Comics run left a bad taste in my mouth. So, I don’t feel like I missed out.

I don't think this would've been a worthy replacement for Grayson but I don't think it would've been terrible.

Huh... No, I think I'll forever be glad we got Grayson instead of anything else. Another/concluding interaction between Owlman and Dick is the only thing I like about this pitch. And Tynion trying to bring back the blue as well. Ironic that Didio did that himself two years later.

Even after all these years I still don't think Tynion actually wants to write Dick Grayson. This all sounds more like what Ric Grayson ended up being. It would have been better, I guess, but who knows. Maybe Editorial used Tynion's old pitch as a blue print and then made it worse.

As for the costume design... my first thought was that Mikel Janín did a Nightwing/Daredevil amalgam version for fun. I guess that would have been the other Nightwing's costume?

That costume with the half cowl, scales, and broad chevron actually looks a lot like Raptor- in Janin's image at least.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

One of the Run Offs, I'd assume.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That mock cover is hilarious! I would love if they actually did something like that!