Page 99 of 270 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of the Run Offs, I'd assume.
    Maybe it's Orca?

The funny part is that Nightwing had a Shark character during Sam Humphries arc, Guppy.

Off topic: Nightwing is in second place of the Best Sellers on Comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers
    Last edited by Drako; 05-24-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Maybe it's Orca?

The funny part is that Nightwing had a Shark character during Sam Humphries arc, Guppy.

That was my thought.

Coll about sales .

Glad #80 is doing so well online. Dick outselling the League, an Avengers event, and a fresh #1 featuring a hot new Wonder ain't nothing to shrug off.

My LCS finally (FINALLY) got my copy of 79 a f**king month late, and it was a fine enough issue; a decent slice of life kinda thing and well set within the retro Dixon framework that Taylor is playing with. Still enjoying what Taylor is putting down, even if a Dixon redux isn't what I really want.

Of course, the distributor screwed up and didn't deliver any DC comics last week, so I've yet to get my hands on 80.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe it's Orca?

Taylor is very popular digitally, but I’m still impressed to see Nightwing doing so well. Huge turn around from what sales were like before he got the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

One of the Run Offs, I'd assume.
    Maybe it's Orca?
    probably Defacer for the royalty

The rest of the Run-Offs are Dixon Nightwing villains reformed

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Taylor is very popular digitally
    that's what she said

#83 Variant:

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Nightwing #83
    story by TOM TAYLOR
    art and Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    On Sale Date 8/17/21
    variant Cover by MAX DUNBAR
    price $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    It’s a fight for the soul of the city! Now that Dick Grayson has inherited more money than he could possibly need, he has an idea on how he can help the city with it—and it’s time for him to announce it to the world! But with Blüdhaven's so beyond saving, what idea does he have that could possible save it? Meanwhile, an unexpected figure comes into play with a plan to buy the city (and all the power that goes with it) from Blockbuster. Things are about to get messy for new public figure Dick Grayson, but maybe he can enlist some help from his “friend” Nightwing!

Robin #5
    Story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    ON SALE: 8/24/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by Francis Manapul
    Price $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!

Dick becoming the new Bruce Wayne .

It'll be nice to see him and Damian together again .

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Bruno Redondo is ridiculously talented. The art is just phenomenal. I thought this issue was much better than the last 2. Was Brutale in the tournament with Robin? I can't remember. Heartless looks cool.

I could have done with out the Tim is the best thing but I do think that's something Dick might believe, If that makes sense.
    Doesn't sound like he believes it here. The way he phrased it is also how one would say it if they were being sarcastic.

'Some people think' implies others not him.

Also who are these people? People in universe don't do the whole fandom thing of 'who's the best Robin'. That's not a thing heroes would do and civilians and villains might but they don't know their real names.

It's fan service since Dick is talking about the fandom which makes it even more stupid and obvious.

I'm just happy he said 'some people' not 'I' or stated as fact.

Dick becoming the new Bruce Wayne .

It'll be nice to see him and Damian together again .

Somehow don't think it'll be nice since they are fighting.

Hopefully Damian breaks tim's face for that 'Everyone's here' line from that Nightwing Joker war issue.

That was a dick move Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Doesn't sound like he believes it here. The way he phrased it is also how one would say it if they were being sarcastic.

'Some people think' implies others not him.

Also who are these people? People in universe don't do the whole fandom thing of 'who's the best Robin'. That's not a thing heroes would do and civilians and villains might but they don't know their real names.

It's fan service since Dick is talking about the fandom which makes it even more stupid and obvious.

I'm just happy he said 'some people' not 'I' or stated as fact.
    I think if you're invested in the Batfamily, you'll just have to accept writers fan-boying over Tim. It sucks but I don't see it changing any time soon.

The line was a bit awkward but I'm choosing to believe Dick believes it on a personal level. I mean he's pretty self-deprecating so maybe he doesn't realise he's miles better

I hope Taylor isn't catering to fanon. I'll drop this run like a stone if they introduce constantly swearing, book and bread loving, radical feminist Jason Todd

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I feel like the “whose the best (insert legacy here)” topic would come up amongst the heroes (more so the younger ones). Even if it’s just something they do when drunk/hanging out/in jest.

By the way if you guys want to read Dick as Robin you should definitely check out Yang’s Batman/Superman. He writes a great Robin and Dick is very active and involved in the plot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    By the way if you guys want to read Dick as Robin you should definitely check out Yang’s Batman/Superman. He writes a great Robin and Dick is very active and involved in the plot.
    I'm positively surprised Dick and Lois are staying around.

Yang brings such a fun Golden Age'esque dynamic to the page. I haven't enjoyed Dick's and Bruce's Robin & Batman dynamic this much since, hmm, Scarecrow Year One?

If the unannounced Robin and Batman were written by Yang and in the same vein, it'd make my whole year.