Page 81 of 103 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1540
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I did a recount. Yes, Dick has to be pushing 30 in order for this to work, because otherwise he has to be still be 15-16 when Jason became Robin and it's already shown in the flashback that's not the case. He first met Babs when he was around that age. Nightwing has shown that Dick's life events happened pretty much as it was in Post Crisis.
    On the other Hand it you go by the ages the characters had originally during Death of Superman. Dick would now be 33 or 34, and and Tim would be 25 or 26.

Btw. Damian has a similar problem if you by the original order of events. Batman met Talia the first time when Dick was already in collage. Meaning Damian being 14 would make Dick also something like 33 or 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Judas Contract - Damian 4 Jon 1 Tim Duke Harper 8 Dick 19 Jason 13
    If you go by the originals Jason would have only been 12 during Judas contract.

And Tim becoming Robin at age 10, is also not really working with how he was written back than. That would fit with comics from Dick's and post crisis Jason's early time as Robin but not with Tim's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    that would make him 2 years older then damian?
    Unfortunately. Going to be bashing your head against the wall trying to figure this out. DC has screwed it up big time with all the reboots. I'd chalk it up to Editors not keeping their writers in check on aging the kids. The pre-Flashpoint ages worked, now I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    On the other Hand it you go by the ages the characters had originally during Death of Superman. Dick would now be 33 or 34, and and Tim would be 25 or 26.

Btw. Damian has a similar problem if you by the original order of events. Batman met Talia the first time when Dick was already in collage. Meaning Damian being 14 would make Dick also something like 33 or 34.

If you go by the originals Jason would have only been 12 during Judas contract.

And Tim becoming Robin at age 10, is also not really working with how he was written back than. That would fit with comics from Dick's and post crisis Jason's early time as Robin but not with Tim's.
    Dick can be, his age is never mentioned, but Infinite Tim has been established to be not that old.

It has to be this way because they shorten the age difference between Tim and Damian. So either Tim has to become Robin really late, like at least 2 years before Damian, at most 4-5 years, or he has to become Robin earlier to fit all of his stories. I want to fit all his stories, so I made him younger when he became Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Unfortunately. Going to be bashing your head against the wall trying to figure this out. DC has screwed it up big time with all the reboots. I'd chalk it up to Editors not keeping their writers in check on aging the kids. The pre-Flashpoint ages worked, now I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out.
    Meh it’s Tim’s loss especially since Titans academy is now cultivating another generation of heroes after Damians

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Meh it’s Tim’s loss especially since Titans academy is now cultivating another generation of heroes after Damians
    Yet another generation? Why? How are they going to explain so many generations when no one can (or frankly should) get old?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yet another generation? Why? How are they going to explain so many generations when no one can (or frankly should) get old?
    They are basically Damian's generation. They are all in highschool and he's still 14, so he's probably even younger than most, but they are 1-2 years younger than the last teen titans roster.
    But I'm not sure any of the new teen titans academy characters except Bolt would stay once the writer leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    They are basically Damian's generation. They are all in highschool and he's still 14, so he's probably even younger than most, but they are 1-2 years younger than the last teen titans roster.
    But I'm not sure any of the new teen titans academy characters except Bolt would stay once the writer leaves.
    Oh, that makes more sense. Damian getting a generation other than just Jon (who weirdly no longer is cause age up) is okay. Thought there was a generation after him, and that'd just be too soon for a new generation imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I doubt that the Titans Academy kids are going to have much staying power. The book barely develops anyone and that's ignoring Dick's gen which gets shafted for screentime.

Sorry to bust in like this, but I have a question.

Tim’s not really addicted to coffee, right? I was sure that was fanon garbage… but I was giving DC’s webtoon a shot and it lists Tim as “Detective. Genius. Coffee Addict.” Needless to say, it completely killed the comic for me…

I feel like I’m seeing that more and more. Please clarify someone!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

Tim’s not really addicted to coffee, right? I was sure that was fanon garbage… but I was giving DC’s webtoon a shot and it lists Tim as “Detective. Genius. Coffee Addict.” Needless to say, it completely killed the comic for me…

As far as I know, it is a fanon thing.

I don't know where it came from.

Yea, Tim has never been shown to be a big coffee guy

Oh, okay. I thought so. It’s just so uhg. Fanon Tim is just so terrible.

Anyway, as you you all were… I was lurking in on your conversation about how nobody’s ages make any sense.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Oh, okay. I thought so. It’s just so uhg. Fanon Tim is just so terrible.

Anyway, as you you all were… I was lurking in on your conversation about how nobody’s ages make any sense.
    He's also not a genius yet strangely enough nobody's complaining about that bit of fanon

Spectacular Member

I mean... Does it matter? It's such a minor and common trait, does it alter Tim's character at all?

I wasn't really aware of this part of fanon until I read the comic, but I mildly chuckled and continued reading. Didn't think twice about it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He's also not a genius yet strangely enough nobody's complaining about that bit of fanon
    Well, he's clearly meant to be one, or at least brilliant, which is why everyone else is always acknowledging that verbally. That's from mainline DC Comics, not fanon.

Your mileage may vary on how successful they have been at portraying him as such, but that part did not originate in fanon.

Tim is very smart but he has never been a genius. Duke and Babs are the two who have been called geniuses in comics.

Not sure if Damian has been called one in the comics however the thing's that he's accomplished and stuff they have him pull off at a very young age I haven't seen Tim come close to.

It's ridiculous. It's getting to a point where we might as well apply the 'Because he's batman 'meme to Damian.

heck Tom Taylor did exactly that in DCeased.

It's nothing to do with mileage. it's printed in BLK and WHT in the comics