Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1540
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The writers are in communication. One of the key positives since Abernathy became group editor and Tynion took over Batman.

We need an explanation as this was addressed in UL. Tim at times cover's for Robin [Damian] when he's away. Red Robin or temp Robin is pretty much the same. A bat sidekick who's not an independent hero like Nightwing or Red Hood.

The name saga had gone on for too long even the web series took a pop at it with the 'no sense of direction' line in the Red Robin character info.
    Well, Red Robin was an independent hero pre 52.

I know that that the writers are talking and are supposed to be in sync, but many times the consistency between the books isn't too great. In Batman 110 Nightwing is stating that he's on his way to Gotham ahead of the problems because "he doesn't want to be caught in Bludhaven when things get serious", but somehow by Nightwing 84 he's still in Bludhaven and goes to Gotham for the Fear state crossover only after receiving a message from the anti-Oracle. Or even Red Hood carrying a gun in Robin 5 (even if it was just to tranq) felt grating after he just decided that he won't carry guns anymore just two weeks prior.

The Robin / Red Robin thing is becoming a problem when he keeps going back and forth. As he asks Oracle to call him Robin in UL, it just makes it so much worse that he just changed his name again with no explanation whatsoever.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The writers are in communication. One of the key positives since Abernathy became group editor and Tynion took over Batman.

We need an explanation as this was addressed in UL. Tim at times cover's for Robin [Damian] when he's away. Red Robin or temp Robin is pretty much the same. A bat sidekick who's not an independent hero like Nightwing or Red Hood.

The name saga had gone on for too long even the web series took a pop at it with the 'no sense of direction' line in the Red Robin character info.
    Robin or Red Robin, Tim is totally independent from Batman. He’s no longer a sidekick for a long time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Robin or Red Robin, Tim is totally independent from Batman. He’s no longer a sidekick for a long time.
    In Batman # 114 , I was disappointed that there wasn't much Batman in the book . But I was happy to see Tim back as Robin in the backup.
    But he called himself Red Robin . I would prefer that he just go by Robin as he did for so many years in the 90's and before Damian showed up.
    Why can't there be 2 Robins ? We now have 2 Batman :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    In Batman # 114 , I was disappointed that there wasn't much Batman in the book . But I was happy to see Tim back as Robin in the backup.
    But he called himself Red Robin . I would prefer that he just go by Robin as he did for so many years in the 90's and before Damian showed up.
    Red Robin is a lot better than Drake at least.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

You can have 2 Robins and we do have 2 Robins. THE Robin and Red Robin.
    Jace isn't THE Batman, he's The Next Batman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I know that that the writers are talking and are supposed to be in sync, but many times the consistency between the books isn't too great. In Batman 110 Nightwing is stating that he's on his way to Gotham ahead of the problems because "he doesn't want to be caught in Bludhaven when things get serious", but somehow by Nightwing 84 he's still in Bludhaven and goes to Gotham for the Fear state crossover only after receiving a message from the anti-Oracle. Or even Red Hood carrying a gun in Robin 5 (even if it was just to tranq) felt grating after he just decided that he won't carry guns anymore just two weeks prior.
    Hypertime is canon again so that's that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    You can have 2 Robins and we do have 2 Robins. THE Robin and Red Robin.
    Jace isn't THE Batman, he's The Next Batman.
    Jace doesn't go by the Next Batman, that's a defunct Editorial Name that's only used in Future State: Gotham at this point. He just goes by Batman. Unless you want to say he's I Am Batman . Not the same situation as Red Robin and Robin.

Having two Robins would be dumb, though. It's a role you're supposed to grow out of. It's like Wally going back to Kid Flash.

Astonishing Member

Why can't there be 2 Robins ? Why can't there be 2 Robins ? We now have 2 Batman :-(
    Maybe because Tim was supposed to grow out of Robin mantle for years, and him still being Robin is just character stagnation, and unwillingness to make some changes for character?

Since Tim is Red Robin again he should dress up as a cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Since Tim is Red Robin again he should dress up as a cheeseburger.
    Are we sure the chain actually exists in the DC Universe when Big Belly Burger seems to be the only burger joint in existence?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure the chain actually exists in the DC Universe when Big Belly Burger seems to be the only burger joint in existence?
    Infinite Frontier made it canon.

Infinite Frontier made it canon.
    Wait, really ?

Really? Wow, that’s just terrible.

I never liked the Red Robin name. They really messed up with Drake… they could have just called him Sparrow or something. It didn’t even have to be animal related.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Jace doesn't go by the Next Batman, that's a defunct Editorial Name that's only used in Future State: Gotham at this point. He just goes by Batman. Unless you want to say he's I Am Batman . Not the same situation as Red Robin and Robin.

Having two Robins would be dumb, though. It's a role you're supposed to grow out of. It's like Wally going back to Kid Flash.
    Tim also likes to call himself Robin sometimes. It's the same as Jace. Two characters who AREN'T WB's official mascots/recognised brand representation's.

Jace is the Black batman and Tim is the Filler Robin.