Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

A flashback of Pre-Flashpoint Tim (Teen Titans era) appears in Future State Suicide Squad. #2 out today.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    A flashback of Pre-Flashpoint Tim (Teen Titans era) appears in Future State Suicide Squad. #2 out today.
    However, Tim never used that suit in Pre-Flashpoint era (Tim as Robin used trunks in Pre-Flashpoint).

Astonishing Member

Tim needs a fantastic costume! I'm tired of Damian looking better than him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    What do you think of the Gotham Knights version of the Red Robin cowled suit?
    104922BA-F090-45E2-8FFC-AF354F0920C0.jpg
    I think it looks damn sharp, like he’s not Robin anymore, and that it has a unique look compared to Nightwing, Red Hood, and Damian.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

You guys don't like the Red Robin Kingdom Come look? Still is my favorite costume for him after his original Robin look.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You guys don't like the Red Robin Kingdom Come look? Still is my favorite costume for him after his original Robin look.
    It’s my favorite (well, Marcus To’s altered version is), and I tend to think the cowl is necessary to break up the monotony of domino-mask wearing sidekicks that Tim can get lost in.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I know the cowl is supposed to be bird-like, but because the cowl is pretty realistic, like for example, it doesn't have a protruding beak, it looks like he vacuumed a tarp to his head. In my eyes it looks kind of goofy.

Also it covers Marcus To Tim anime hair. That's my main reason ^^

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know the cowl is supposed to be bird-like, but because the cowl is pretty realistic, like for example, it doesn't have a protruding beak, it looks like he vacuumed a tarp to his head. In my eyes it looks kind of goofy.

Also it covers Marcus To Tim anime hair. That's my main reason ^^
    I don't like that Red Robin cowl exactly for the same reasons.

In general, I like to see a good amount of face of the characters, so I would like a domino mask.

If they're going to stick with Red 'Robin', the cowl should make a return. Having the domino mask only entices writers to use Tim as Robin 2.0... since you know he just looks like another Robin

I like that Red Robin costume a lot, it gave him a distinct look among the former Robins. It's like a mesh between Robin and Batman, to me, and it fits him perfectly. And he had his own symbol.

And what Marcus To did to the costume made even better than the original design by Alex Ross. It was certainly better than whatever he was using in the Scott Lobdell's Teen Titans run.

My Tim Drake in Gotham Knights will be using something close to that for sure.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I like that Red Robin costume a lot, it gave him a distinct look among the former Robins. It's like a mesh between Robin and Batman, to me, and it fits him perfectly. And he had his own symbol.

And what Marcus To did to the costume made even better than the original design by Alex Ross. It was certainly better than whatever he was using in the Scott Lobdell's Teen Titans run.

I second that, every word of it

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, Tim never used that suit in Pre-Flashpoint era (Tim as Robin used trunks in Pre-Flashpoint).
    Most likely artist mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Damians new duds are truely awful, so no worries right now.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

My Tim Drake in Gotham Knights will be using something close to that for sure.
    I thirds this, I really like that look for Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    What do you think of the Gotham Knights version of the Red Robin cowled suit?
    104922BA-F090-45E2-8FFC-AF354F0920C0.jpg
    I think it looks damn sharp, like he’s not Robin anymore, and that it has a unique look compared to Nightwing, Red Hood, and Damian.
    Yeah this I like
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I do like that the costume is distinct, I just want a beak. If Batman can have ears, then Tim can have a beak

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Tim figured out who the Batfamily were through detective skills, outfoxed the deadliest male martial artists in the world on that guy’s advantageous home turf, and remained a genius-level detective through his own solo and Young Justice, where he also doubled as the mature-yet-mellow manager of the kind of crazy personalities that made that team up.

Tim was a genius and likably mellow - a clever genius as opposed to a mechanical genius, and a mature kind of mellow as opposed to fun-loving.

New 52 Tim being dumb and being an immature idiot in a crappy Scott Lobdell is what hurt him.
    Tim drake wasn't a genius when he was introduced and he isn't a genius now. he is a smart kid but aside from Tynion's Tim no other portrayals of Tim has him as close to anything I would class a genius.

Barbara Gordon is a genius.
    Duke Thomas as a pre teen taking on Riddler is a genius.

Damian Wayne with his extraordinary accomplishments as a 10 year old - building a flying car from scratch, Out foxing lex Luthor, acquiring a PhD, sorting out WE finances. Something an entire Board of Directors couldn't. he is a genius kid. Tim Drake isn't.

Heck with the folk that make up the batfamily Tim is not even exceptional. Damian age 10, hacked 17 year old Tim Drake and outsmarting him within minutes in War of the Robins.

this is just 3 people from within the family who are on a different level to Tim.

Dick Grayson also in a genius level detective not just in Iconic stories like Black Mirror but also through various titles even back in his Robin years and especially during his days in Hudson.

Bruce Wayne is a level Detective.
    Damian Wayne is solving Bruce's Black note book cases at age 13.

Tim in Red Robin managed to stop Ra's and worked with Dick to find Bruce after Dick cracked the case.

The Red Robin writers worked hard to make Tim Batman-like but he wasn't a genius level in that book.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-25-2021 at 10:11 PM.