Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1540

Tim has it so bad that after over 20years solo run as Robin, he's fans are still calling for Damian to die or get a new name so Tim can return to Robin and DC keeps trying to give in to them.

Yeah poor Tim it's just so hard for him.

About Damian and Dick being used to tell us how Tim is probably the smartest.
    They are all probably the smartest so doesn't really mean much.

DC should develop Tim not keep trying to convince us that he's smart.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-13-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    To be completely honest, fanon Tim is simply pathetic. I know from my own experience that mental health issues can be hard but fanon Tim is just annoying and spineless.

Nothing is ever truly his fault. Even when he thinks it is, he's only talking himself into believing he did something wrong. Everyone around him gets turned into a bully so poor poor Timmy can feel even more bad about himself. But he would never blame them because he is such an angel and hates himself so much, even though in reality he's actually absolutely perfect, he just doesn't see it yet T_T
    Let's just ignore how everyone always praises Tim for no reason and assures him he's the best on a regular basis when he shows up in a canon comic

And that evil evil ten year old and Dick should be punished with death for taking Robin from him, even though that happened over a decade ago and Dick was only trying to make the best out of a bad situation. They all should grovel at Tim's feet for forgiveness!!!
    Let's act like that was Tim's biggest problem at the time, not his friends and his father being dead. Funny how fanfiction writers rarely ever get into that.

And then all the stuff that just isn't true. No, Tim is not the only one who Ra's has called Detective. Besides Bruce he also called Dick and Jason by that name. He probably would call Damian Detective too if he wasn't his grandson. At this point I'm convinced Ra's simply calls every bat Detective if he can't recall their true name in time.
    No, Tim wasn't kicked out of the family when Dick made Damian Robin. Dick checked up on him, it was Tim who wanted to isolate himself.
    No, Tim is not the one people think of when you ask them on the street if they know who Robin is. That's Dick, the original. They might have heard of a Robin who died because of the Joker. If they watched any of the recent animated stuff they might know that Bruce has a biological son now too.
    No, Tim is not the only one who truly wanted to be Robin. Dick created the damn mantle for gods sake and both Jason and Damian wanted to be Robin. That one panel from the 90s some fans keep using as proof is a disservice to Dick and Jason's time as Robin.
    No, Tim did not have it the worst in recent years. Getting an uncreative new identity is not as bad as Dick having to be Ric for two years or DC trying to turn Damian into villain and throwing his entire character developement out of the window.

Sorry for this very long rant, but fanon Tim and some of his fans are just annoying. You don't have to make Tim into the smartest, bestest, saddest, most tragic and depressed character ever to justify why you like him.
    Fanon Tim is the worst.

I also don't understand how so much incorrect info that elevates Tim while taking away from other Robins keep getting generated.

The Rs'a one is mind boggling in how often it's repeated and quoted like fact even though I always see people correcting it.

Same with Dick kicking Tim out and Tim being the only Robin that wanted the role.

I really want to know how these get started.

I appreciate the rant. Those same things bug me too and have done for a while now.

To be completely honest, fanon Tim is simply pathetic. I know from my own experience that mental health issues can be hard but fanon Tim is just annoying and spineless.

Nothing is ever truly his fault. Even when he thinks it is, he's only talking himself into believing he did something wrong. Everyone around him gets turned into a bully so poor poor Timmy can feel even more bad about himself. But he would never blame them because he is such an angel and hates himself so much, even though in reality he's actually absolutely perfect, he just doesn't see it yet T_T
    Let's just ignore how everyone always praises Tim for no reason and assures him he's the best on a regular basis when he shows up in a canon comic

And that evil evil ten year old and Dick should be punished with death for taking Robin from him, even though that happened over a decade ago and Dick was only trying to make the best out of a bad situation. They all should grovel at Tim's feet for forgiveness!!!
    Let's act like that was Tim's biggest problem at the time, not his friends and his father being dead. Funny how fanfiction writers rarely ever get into that.

And then all the stuff that just isn't true. No, Tim is not the only one who Ra's has called Detective. Besides Bruce he also called Dick and Jason by that name. He probably would call Damian Detective too if he wasn't his grandson. At this point I'm convinced Ra's simply calls every bat Detective if he can't recall their true name in time.
    No, Tim wasn't kicked out of the family when Dick made Damian Robin. Dick checked up on him, it was Tim who wanted to isolate himself.
    No, Tim is not the one people think of when you ask them on the street if they know who Robin is. That's Dick, the original. They might have heard of a Robin who died because of the Joker. If they watched any of the recent animated stuff they might know that Bruce has a biological son now too.
    No, Tim is not the only one who truly wanted to be Robin. Dick created the damn mantle for gods sake and both Jason and Damian wanted to be Robin. That one panel from the 90s some fans keep using as proof is a disservice to Dick and Jason's time as Robin.
    No, Tim did not have it the worst in recent years. Getting an uncreative new identity is not as bad as Dick having to be Ric for two years or DC trying to turn Damian into villain and throwing his entire character developement out of the window.

Sorry for this very long rant, but fanon Tim and some of his fans are just annoying. You don't have to make Tim into the smartest, bestest, saddest, most tragic and depressed character ever to justify why you like him.
    lol It’s okay, I feel you. XD I totally agree with all of that.

I too really hate how they turn the people in Tim’s life into villains. Jack’s suddenly this super abusive monster, huh?

Also how they always make him so tiny and skinny. I’ve seen enough versions of adult Tim that I’m pretty sure he’s not some girly pretty boy running around.

I feel like that whole “Detective” thing is like a passive aggressive greeting of some sort. Or farewell. lol

But honestly, it’s so unhealthy and when people start saying I identify with Tim because “Fanon trait” I wonder how much of that is going to influence the actual character. :/

Dick was my Robin for a long time. Even when I think of Robin, I still think of Dick. I was raised on the old school stuff, so Alan Scott and them will also take first pick. ;D

I’ll be totally honest, I jumped ship from DC and when I was ready to come back they were in the Ric phase and I felt I needed more time away. ^^;
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    unlike Dick and Damian who DC went out of their way to destroy/undermine
    I don't think that was the intention of DC, and they course corrected and now put something out that the fans like.

Extraordinary Member

Can you name a character that has never had a bad run?

All Characters have had bad runs however what most characters don't get is chance after chance after chance like Tim.
    All characters have bad runs, but I can't think of any character that is as popular has Tim and had basically one bad or at least weak run after the next for 10 years.

The only thing that compares are team Books like Brirds of Prey since flashpoint or any incarnation of Dicks Generation of Teen Titans since the early 2000s.

Mighty Member

Can you name a character that has never had a bad run?

All Characters have had bad runs however what most characters don't get is chance after chance after chance like Tim.

He most certainly hasn't had as bad as Dick and Damian. Just because he isn't as popular, now has a broken base doesn't change the fact that DC has done everything to fix him and to give his fanbase what they demanded.

unlike Dick and Damian who DC went out of their way to destroy/undermine
    As someone who agrees that DC tried to sabotage Damian. I don't think anyone can definitely say how popular Tim is until he is given a solo book again.

I think what adds to the frustration from Tim's fans is that he had succesful runs both as Robin and then as Red Robin but have not been given a chance again at a solo which would help in his character development.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 09-13-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    As someone who agrees that DC tried to sabotage Damian. I don't think anyone can definitely say how popular Tim is until he is given a solo book again.

I think what adds to the frustration from Tim's fans is that he had succesful runs both as Robin and then as Red Robin but have not been given a chance again at a solo which would help in his character development.
    He had Batman beyond and he had YJ which wasn't just him but 3 other 90's fan favourites. I Think those are a good indication as well as stuff like his guest appearances in other titles. DC has a very good idea just how popular and profitable Tim Drake is.

They have access to data we don't including Merch sales and even data like how a tim cameo affects sales. They know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    All characters have bad runs, but I can't think of any character that is as popular has Tim and had basically one bad or at least weak run after the next for 10 years.

The only thing that compares are team Books like Brirds of Prey since flashpoint or any incarnation of Dicks Generation of Teen Titans since the early 2000s.

The only weak run has been TT by lobdell.
    The dissatisfaction seems to be again his fall in popularity and relevance which has nothing to do with weak runs

Fanon Tim is the worst.

I also don't understand how so much incorrect info that elevates Tim while taking away from other Robins keep getting generated.

The Rs'a one is mind boggling in how often it's repeated and quoted like fact even though I always see people correcting it.

Same with Dick kicking Tim out and Tim being the only Robin that wanted the role.

I really want to know how these get started.

I appreciate the rant. Those same things bug me too and have done for a while now.
    It's normal to have different interpretations of stories and characters and I know comics are messy, but what annoys me about all of these statements I keep seeing on social media is that they are simply factually wrong.
    Maybe they were started by people that never read any non-Tim Robin stories? Would explain some of them.

Whatever the case may be, I don't really get the point. Don't know about other people, but going on and on about how "insert character here is the best at insert skill here" has never made me interested in a character. The only thing I ever see Cass fans say about her is that she's the best character ever because she is so good at fighting there is no logical way she could ever lose. Which sounds pretty boring to me.
    A skill is not a personality.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Mood. I love Tim but fanon Tim is truly unbearable. Dick didn't put Tim as his first priority (because he must take care for Bruce's company, Bruce's contacts, Bruce's legacies, and Bruce's feral 10 years old son to fend and the poor man didn't even have time to grieve by himself) and those fics throw dozens psychological terms with little to no context at all. Abandonment issue, touch starved, emotional abuse, ugh. Like I love Tim because of his high determination, why the hell you guys reduce him into spineless (and mostly spleenless) weakling who can't say and fight for himself?

Actually Ra's kinda called Damian detective on Robin issue #4
    damian detective.jpg

damian detective 2.jpg

And about your theory, it's kinda confirmed by Yost, although maybe that's only for joke.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-13-2021 at 11:47 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think that was the intention of DC, and they course corrected and now put something out that the fans like.
    I don't know DC's intention on Ric saga, but they truly said that they want Damian to be Big Bad in 5G and became Magneto for Jon's Professor X. Plus for New Batman Jace to have conflict and distrust with New Superman Jon. If that's not intended malicious character assassination to uplift characters like Jon and Jace, I don't know what it is.

Of course they course-corrected. DC is not dumb enough to ignore fans' ranting (at least not for longer than 2 years) of a run that was obviously hated by everyone. Just like they course-corrected Drake. The difference is Drake is not an attempt to assassinate Tim's character, unlike Damian's TT.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-13-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Whatever the case may be, I don't really get the point. Don't know about other people, but going on and on about how "insert character here is the best at insert skill here" has never made me interested in a character. The only thing I ever see Cass fans say about her is that she's the best character ever because she is so good at fighting there is no logical way she could ever lose. Which sounds pretty boring to me.
    A skill is not a personality.
    These things are rather meaningless as well because we are reading superhero comics. At the end of the day hero is going to physically beat up the bad guy and it doesn't matter if he is best at martial arts or not.

It is similar to how Wonder Woman is supposedly part of the Trinity, but she never gets treated like Superman or Batman. So what that Tim is best at something if he doesn't have a book and never gets to shown in practical manner what being the best at something actually means? Take for example his recent Nightwing appearance, Dick declares that he might be the best Robin, but so what? He did nothing interesting or noteworthy. It just reads like a pointless fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's probably how things will be going next year. Damian will Bruce's Robin during their road trip across the globe, while Tim will stay in Gotham.
    I'm not so sure about that, as the Gotham vigilantes are about to suffer the same fate that Marvel's Champions just escaped from - they're going to be outlawed. Therefore Tim would be better off in Bludhaven with Dick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He had Batman beyond and he had YJ which wasn't just him but 3 other 90's fan favourites. I Think those are a good indication as well as stuff like his guest appearances in other titles. DC has a very good idea just how popular and profitable Tim Drake is.

They have access to data we don't including Merch sales and even data like how a tim cameo affects sales. They know.
    ZuLuLu was referring to gaining character development. When you're always stuffed in over-crowded team books it's hard to get that. Dick, Jason, and Damian have had far more opportunities to develop as individual characters because;

A. a solo

or

B. starring in a team setting that maxes out at three characters.

In my opinion that's a big reason why the other three Robin's have been more entertaining and enjoyable to follow since the New-52 hit. What DC has done with Tim... well, 'he's just there' for the most part, nothing really done to progress his 'own' story until Urban Legends.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Mood. I love Tim but fanon Tim is truly unbearable. Dick didn't put Tim as his first priority (because he must take care for Bruce's company, Bruce's contacts, Bruce's legacies, and Bruce's feral 10 years old son to fend and the poor man didn't even have time to grieve by himself) and those fics throw dozens psychological terms with little to no context at all. Abandonment issue, touch starved, emotional abuse, ugh. Like I love Tim because of his high determination, why the hell you guys reduce him into spineless (and mostly spleenless) weakling who can't say and fight for himself?

Actually Ra's kinda called Damian detective on Robin issue #4
    damian detective.jpg

damian detective 2.jpg

And about your theory, it's kinda confirmed by Yost, although maybe that's only for joke.
    That is def a joke since he called him Timothy in the previous issue