Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Based on the story itself, I'd actually say Tim is gay. Tim said it himself, he broke up with Steph for absolutely no reason. That's a clear indication he's not interested in women in that kind of way, not that he doesn't deeply care for Stephanie as a friend. All prior love relationships with women were probably just an act... Tim feeling the need to appeal to what is viewed as the norm instead of going by what he truly felt inside, at least up until this moment. Gee, it really will be weird reading old Tim/Steph moments now, it was all a lie, lol.
    I really think they are going for the Bi route. Tim also said he loves Stephanie.

The point of the story is that Tim is figuring another part of his sexuality. That's why he is confusing.

If Tim loves Stephanie and is bi, it seems like he'd want to still be involved with her. Bi guys can date girls after all.
    That he's broken up with her does make it seem like he's gay. Hopefully Tim and Steph can have a close friendship going forward.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't know, for me it's just a cheap move with Tim's sexuality. They didn't know what to do with him, for some reason they are not allowed to make some drastic changes for his status-quo and hero identity, so they decided to make him bi. I have no idea how it is gonna help his character, to be honest.

Isn't this article fake from 4Chan? It is absent on Bleeding Cool, and that all thing about Cates as Batman writer is extremely unlikely scenario.
    I got it from my mutuals on twitter, but yeah she maybe got it from 4chan. I don't know it was fake though, only indeed she said that the article was taken down but she already screenshotted it.
    At this point I just want to believe that Tynion made any attempt to work on him, since not many writers are interested in Tim nowadays and Tynion is always too busy with his OCs

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If Tim loves Stephanie and is bi, it seems like he'd want to still be involved with her. Bi guys can date girls after all.
    That he's broken up with her does make it seem like he's gay. Hopefully Tim and Steph can have a close friendship going forward.
    Close friend is nice, but I hope they don't ever date again. First, because Tim's stans who support Tim being gay will attack Steph, and second, I will not date a man who dumped me before because they want to "learn more".

The problem seems to be that she couldn't accept it. He broke up with her because she didn't understand him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Based on the story itself, I'd actually say Tim is gay. Tim said it himself, he broke up with Steph for absolutely no reason. That's a clear indication he's not interested in women in that kind of way, not that he doesn't deeply care for Stephanie as a friend. All prior love relationships with women were probably just an act... Tim feeling the need to appeal to what is viewed as the norm instead of going by what he truly felt inside, at least up until this moment. Gee, it really will be weird reading old Tim/Steph moments now, it was all a lie, lol.
    His situation it's actually pretty similar to a friend of mine who discovered himself gay in his late 20s. Tim was not acting, he just didn't know his sexuality or just didn't understand at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The problem seems to be that she couldn't accept it. He broke up with her because she didn't understand him.
    Tim said he doesn't now the reason why he broke up with her. She had no saying in this.

Actually it's pretty sad they put her to the side like this without a single conversation. He at least should tell her the truth.
    Last edited by Drako; 08-10-2021 at 05:58 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    His situation it's actually pretty similar to a friend of mine who discovered himself gay in his late 20s. Tim was not acting, he just didn't know his sexuality or just didn't understand at the time.

Tim said he doesn't now the reason why he broke up with her. She had no saying in this.

Actually it's pretty sad they put her to the side like this without a single conversation. He at least should tell her the truth.
    She find out in the group chat

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't know, for me it's just a cheap move with Tim's sexuality. They didn't know what to do with him, for some reason they are not allowed to make some drastic changes for his status-quo and hero identity, so they decided to make him bi. I have no idea how it is gonna help his character, to be honest.

Isn't this article fake from 4Chan? It is absent on Bleeding Cool, and that all thing about Cates as Batman writer is extremely unlikely scenario.

we'll have to see how this evolves. Hopefully a new ongoing series. How old is he officially, now? Looking at of Batman's male mentees, you have this split among those who look at Nightwing and one cohort wants him to be with Batgirl (Barbara), and there's this other vocal cohort (20%? 40%? 50%?) who want him to be retconned as bi/gay, because... (they'd have to explain it better than me, but part of it are retroactive assessments of the 'flamboyant' outfits that he wore for years, early on)

With Damian, there's folks who want to explore him being into girls as a way to calm him down, then there's another cohort who kinda figure "maybe" he's queer, but then there'd be mainstream "scandal" headlines of, "Bam! Batman now has a gay son! Pow!"

With Duke, I'm thinking fan cohorts don't see a commercial uptick of interest in him if he were retconned to be queer (or even controversy in relation to his hero name (signal = flare = flame = queer stereotype). That kind of leaves Timothy as the most "obvious" candidate for this form of representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I mean, it’s an ongoing story. The conversation could very well come in issue 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    Attachment 112384

I dunno, Tim has shown to be sexually attracted to women in the past.
    Indeed. I don't think that Tim was faking sexual attraction to women in the past. However, as has been said, people find out more about their sexuality throughout their lives. For many people (and I think Tim is one of them), they continue to explore the meanings of sexual and romantic attractions. Ultimately, his sexuality is however he defines it. Gay, bi, heterosexual yet questioning, let's see what Tim has to say.

If he comes out as bi, I think that's a good step. How many of the Gotham women are bi, right? Catwoman, Ivy, Harley, I'd say many of them are bisexual. And the audience is accepting of that. I believe that has to do with the fact that people tend to allow women to be looser with their sexualities than men. Maybe Tim can break that mold.

As has also been stated, I hope that Tim's sexuality doesn't become the focal point for the character. I've been rooting for Tim for years now ever since he got demoted during the New 52, when he was at his high point as Red Robin and then turned into a lesser version of Robin. Whatever happen to the Robin who was the best detective? Who could have become the next Batman? That's what I'd like to see happen with Time, a return to greatness. Sexuality is one step. There should be more after that.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

As long as they don’t equate it the same way as Marvel did with Iceman and have him never ever be attracted to or date women possibly in the future again, I think it’s fine. I agree it shouldn’t be his sole defining aspect as a Robin now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    As long as they don’t equate it the same way as Marvel did with Iceman and have him never ever be attracted to or date women possibly in the future again, I think it’s fine. I agree it shouldn’t be his sole defining aspect as a Robin now though.
    It shouldn't be. But I have this sinking feeling like it's gonna be. Especially with the way fans are already eating this up, as if it solves all the problems that his character's been having. I really don't want him to end up just being the token, but this whole thing just screams "We don't know what else to do with him. So let's make him the gay one."

If this had happened at any other point in time, that'd be one thing. But for it to happen during a time when the character has absolutely nothing else going for him? Kiiiiinda makes the whole thing feel like a gimmick.

I still think the way they did it with Iceman was terrible but I'm fine with where he's at right now. I'm hoping the same ends up being true for Tim.

Honestly the new development makes no sense. Literally pops out of nowhere and in 3 issues of mini stories, it is now gonna be the defining thing about Tim. If we had better writers handling comics at the moment I would trust that the story could be handled in a mature way, but in all honesty we don't have that right now, all the writers so far who make these type of changes do so because they want this specific change and don't have any plan after that, they just want the empty cheers of twitter where its mostly people who don't actually buy comics cheering on something they aren't actually gonna buy. Had this been a long running series with natural build up it would feel completely different but instead its just 20 pages of comics and Tim is forever different now. This honestly feels like a self insert from Tynion, I know he doesnt write this story but he has talked about making the batline more like hickman's x-men, where he is like the overall showrunner of the x line of books and then he came out and said something to the effect of "Teenage fanboy James was on his feet cheering for the latest development around Tim" and what do you know Tynion makes Tim more like himself. He is the writer and leader of the batline so, he absolutely has the right to do it if DC approves but in all honesty this came out of no where and makes no sense given the history of Tim Drake

Alan Scott and Iceman are great examples, they made the changes to those characters, kinda outta nowhere and all the sudden it is their defining characteristic, Iceman can't show up in a comic now without that coming up and alan scott seems the same now, both of those characters had been around for 50 plus years and then boom this happens and basically nothing else about them matters, I mean in Alan's case the first thing they described him as in the green lantern show character description was lgbt. That is gonna be Tim now, if titans hadn't already incorporated it this season, they absolutely will in future seasons since berlanti is involved with the show and he is always interested in showing that type of representation in his shows. It's kinda just sad because instead of this being a part of who Tim is and him having a brand new important role, this probably is just gonna play out like it did for those two characters where Tim is just the LGBT robin now, and while that is fine, that is all he is likely to be seen as now
    Last edited by regg215; 08-10-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

On another note I know it's Gotham & all but Bernard fights a lil too well.....He kinda sus I would hate for Tim's first BF to be a villain or some **** but the way fights & how easily he was captured previously...... IDK but I don't think he'll remain a normal civilian for long.

I think its DC trying to keep and eat their cake at the same time. The way it is written it sounds like Tim is gay, but they are going to claim that he is bi to keep Tim/Stepth fans happy.