Page 24 of 103 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I was wrong on the Damian tweet but the TimbestRobin part was well before the name change. It was before issue 3 of YJ

https://thattimdrakeguy.tumblr.com/p...michael-bendis

Obviously without knowing for certain what was going on behind the scenes we can only speculate. however since future state looks to be based on the ideas for 5G and Tim in FS is Robin eternal [while Damian in MIA] the question why Drake still remains.

If Damian was vacating the Robin role and Tim was to be Robin Eternal then why was Drake ever a thing?

Drake is a marketable name [it's a cool hero name compared to Robin] but the same is true of Red Robin.
    Drake was not very good, and it was worse when Tynion had Harley call him "duck boy" in Joker War. Robin, Red Robin, or Rook I think would all work nicely.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I can’t remember the source for this as I saw this late last year but I believe the original 5G plan was for a Drake solo series by Bendis. With 5G being erased and also Bendis’ friends calling him out on the “Drake” name, he reverted him back to Robin/Red Robin.
    I don't know if Tim will have a solo, but Bendis likely expected to do something with Young Justice in 5G.

I think Bendis want the YJ4 to have more independent identities for 5G. He also mentioned one of the Superboys will get a new identity in his run, but this never happened.

I think the bad reception of Drake and the poor sales of Young Justice make Tim revert back to Robin/Red Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Drake was not very good, and it was worse when Tynion had Harley call him "duck boy" in Joker War. Robin, Red Robin, or Rook I think would all work nicely.
    “Rook” feels more and more to me like it should be considered a good “fan preferred alternative”, like “Scion” for Superboy - still on theme, still cool, and arguably a little bit more specific for the character (“Scion” fitting Kon-El being a clone from two “houses”, “Rook” being a chess term for a powerful piece.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Read the new Nightwing issue. Great book to reunite Dick and Tim. Dick also called Tim just “Robin” a bunch of times, so I guess we’re back to just “Robin” and not “Red Robin” like in Batman #99.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Read the new Nightwing issue. Great book to reunite Dick and Tim. Dick also called Tim just “Robin” a bunch of times, so I guess we’re back to just “Robin” and not “Red Robin” like in Batman #99.
    Until Damian back in Gotham I guess he can

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Until Damian back in Gotham I guess he can
    There are multiple Batgirls, Batmans even Supermans (I think? CMIIW) I guess we can expect multiple Robin on future issues. I heard that Robin Issues 5 will have all Robins so maybe they will make the annoyingly vague status clear on there.
    Based on costume and story theme, it will be ironic if Damian will be the one called "Red Robin".

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The annoyingly vague status will remain until TPTB make a choice and commit to it so I don’t expect any single issue to actually clear anything until one of them is completely renamed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    There are multiple Batgirls, Batmans even Supermans (I think? CMIIW) I guess we can expect multiple Robin on future issues. I heard that Robin Issues 5 will have all Robins so maybe they will make the annoyingly vague status clear on there.
    Based on costume and story theme, it will be ironic if Damian will be the one called "Red Robin".
    even when their is their isn’t

Cass and Steph are batgirls but they are not Batgirl
    Conner is superboy once more as Jon is a month away from his promotion
    Cass is wondergirl but not The wondergirl

We know this by the frequency of their appearance and usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    There is a history of several characters in the same mantle, but not for DC doing it well.
    One character always seems to get the short end of the stick.

Tim fans won't be disappointed with today's Nightwing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Tim fans won't be disappointed with today's Nightwing.
    I'm not!
    Loved it every single panel. Finally we had some piece of cake too!

Brothers, escrima sticks turned into bo staff. That's all I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I'm not!
    Loved it every single panel. Finally we had some piece of cake too!

Brothers, escrima sticks turned into bo staff. That's all I needed.
    I thought that was kind of neat given all the times they've given Dick a bo-staff in adaptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    even when their is their isn’t

Cass and Steph are batgirls but they are not Batgirl
    Conner is superboy once more as Jon is a month away from his promotion
    Cass is wondergirl but not The wondergirl

We know this by the frequency of their appearance and usage.
    Cass does now seem to be the primary Batgirl. Babs appears mainly as Oracle, and Cass's other name Orphan hasn't been used, except for one presumable caption mistake in Future State, since she went back to her original costume.

Jon's promotion just means there's multiple Supermen instead of multiple Superboys, as Clark's still Superman too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I hope he appears again in Nightwing 81, but based on his role for #80, I don’t bet on him staying for the rest of the arc.

Was great to see Bruno’s artwork and Taylor writing Tim instead of just killing him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cass does now seem to be the primary Batgirl. Babs appears mainly as Oracle, and Cass's other name Orphan hasn't been used, except for one presumable caption mistake in Future State, since she went back to her original costume.
    I wouldn't say Cassandra is a primary Batgirl until she is called that way in a present story.

In Future State, Cassandra was called Batgirl in a caption in Nightwing comic. In the Batgirls story, she was called Batgirl (and Orphan in a caption), but Stephanie was called Batgirl too. Not to mention that the promotion for Future State called her as Orphan.

In the Asian special, Cassandra is Batgirl in a story of the past, where Barbara is Oracle in the wheelchair.