Page 58 of 103 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

I know Bendis failed epically as he does with most things... But I really feel it's time for Tim to rebrand! No more Robin, Drake a failure absolutely but the rught name is out there! So after he figures out his new situation & comes into his own I feel now is the time to really pull Tim from out of the perpetual frozen state he's been in for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, would you have preferred he cheated her or kept their relationship even when he wasn't sure he loved her that way still? :/ Because those were the other options for this to happen if it was going to happen.
    I guess I just have a hard time thinking his feelings for her had believably changed considering the past few comics depicting their relationship, but that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Ha! Yeah, right. If this new angle doesn't bring in the sales, it won't matter.
    It doesn’t matter it sells or not , anytime Tim isn’t present or doesn’t get to participate it will be seen as personal attack

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    But why would he have to break up with her at all? If he's bi he could explain to her that he has feelings for guys too. Given Syeph she would be fine
    I mean this is a girl who's past includes a parent who is a criminal and having a baby. Tim was there for her and the same could be done for her to him.

If they did break up, show us and then slowly introduce Bernard.
    Is that fair to her? I mean sure Steph might have been supportive maybe, but Tim is in a state where he doesn't know who he is I feel it's honestly a lot kinder to dump Steph till he figures that out rather than string her along.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You see it no one is talking about how sus this man is!! Tim was trained by Batman! Sure he's arguably the weakest Robin in a fight but still the man has Batman training & Bernard kept pace if not outdid him i am watching him like a hawk theirs something there IDK what yet but something.
    I'm counting this as a break the cutie situation thats gonna happen. Bernard makes me raise my eyebrows. Tim's the detective of the group above everything. So I would think even a cute face would not stop that brain of his. Hell, when Steph first showed up he certainly did not let her looks deter him from his finding out if she could be trusted.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

But why would he have to break up with her at all? If he's bi he could explain to her that he has feelings for guys too. Given Syeph she would be fine
    I mean this is a girl who's past includes a parent who is a criminal and having a baby. Tim was there for her and the same could be done for her to him.

They want to explore it on the page. I think they want a more "show not tell" representation with Tim and that's very tricky with bisexual characters. See: Diana. It's been alluded to but never shown and after this long it feels like lip service.

I like Tim with Steph so I don't like them breaking up, but it is what it is.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ending the relationship was done shoddily, but it needed to be done before he could move forward. It wouldn't go down well if he's seeing a guy while still involved with Steph.

I'm counting this as a break the cutie situation thats gonna happen. Bernard makes me raise my eyebrows. Tim's the detective of the group above everything. So I would think even a cute face would not stop that brain of his. Hell, when Steph first showed up he certainly did not let her looks deter him from his finding out if she could be trusted.
    I hope so cause he didn't even seem to question how that man was easily kicking ass with that Tekken Capoeria type shit he was on, "but was so easily captured a couple days ago" ugh ugh that's fishy! On top of that his name is Bernard which is sus in itself Tim needs to pull out his monocle & get on the case!

Is that fair to her? I mean sure Steph might have been supportive maybe, but Tim is in a state where he doesn't know who he is I feel it's honestly a lot kinder to dump Steph till he figures that out rather than string her along.
    Even so, show it. Show their friendship and that she understands. These two have been through a lot so I would at the very least think that they (the writer) would imply more than we broke up for reasons unknown given the profile to fans of these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Ya know I ended up talking to some random stranger at a bar the other night about comics and they had mentioned that they thought that DC should make Dick or Jason bi. Tim didn't even seem to cross their mind.

And I kinda have to agree. Given the characters romantic histories, Jason and Damian have much less in the way of long-term or high profile romance like Dick and Tim do. But it really signals that they need some direction for the character.
    ^This^

If it had to be any member of the Batfam, I'd have picked Jason. I've heard arguments that Tim's "coded" as queer but when I listen more to the explanations they come off more like stereotypes. I dunno. Is there something I'm not getting about the whole coded thing?

Even so, show it. Show their friendship and that she understands. These two have been through a lot so I would at the very least think that they (the writer) would imply more than we broke up for reasons unknown given the profile to fans of these two.
    ^This too^

As big as Tim and Steph's relationship has been for both of them, to break them up off screen just gives me even bigger vibes that they were less worried about doing this in any meaningful way and more worried about being able to slap this shiny new money label on Tim as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-10-2021 at 06:18 PM.

I hope so cause he didn't even seem to question how that man was easily kicking ass with that Tekken Capoeria type shit he was on, "but was so easily captured a couple days ago" ugh ugh that's fishy! On top of that his name is Bernard which is sus in itself Tim needs to pull out his monocle & get on the case!
    Yup, like I said he gives me Ten vibes from Batman Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Ya know I ended up talking to some random stranger at a bar the other night about comics and they had mentioned that they thought that DC should make Dick or Jason bi. Tim didn't even seem to cross their mind.

And I kinda have to agree. Given the characters romantic histories, Jason and Damian have much less in the way of long-term or high profile romance like Dick and Tim do. But it really signals that they need some direction for the character.
    Mmm... Dick, eh. Seems to me like a very comfortable guy in the hetero side of the range. He just has no problem appreciating males looks and play-flirting with them. Reminds me of people I know. Jason feels less fixed, but I think he's just awkward. I don't think he's just interested in women, at least not as far as strong affection goes. But he certainly has it strong for a certain kind of girl, as odd as those relationships are and were. He also seems to be appreciative of men, has play-flirted and the fan-pairing with Roy exist for a reason. But I think he feels more heteroxesual than anything else. Just, with a bit of an uncommon way of showing affection, caring, interest and romance. Or maybe he can be interested in men romantically-ish. I don't know. Feels like a non-normative, hard to tag case.

But Tim, with how strong he felt/feels about Conner (same with Steph) and how he seems to feel he same level of caring and affection for all of his friends ad people he meets, no matter the gender, I don't know.

But honestly it's not really hard to pull any change if you work it well enough within a reasonable periond of time. I mean, people are complicated, they don't wake up one morning and decide they they only like males, females or whatever. It can take a whole lifetime, actually.

I keep seeing in this thread the Tim & Steph fanbase is huge & logically I know it's been around for years so that's not surprising, but I never hear anything about these 2 outside of these types of forums I didn't realize the fanbase for them was that active but I agree with your point.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I found the pacing to be organic. I always liked Tim and Steph as a couple but I'm not shocked by this at all. There were many rumors about Tim's Sexuality in the past. He's young and still learning about what he wants in life. If he's curious and has feelings for this person then see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Exactly. There's a real danger that this will make Tim less interesting rather than more, by turning him into a mere token whose only significant trait is that he's LGBTQ. If you need someone who's bi, consider bringing Tim in; otherwise, why bother? Or that's how I worry things are going to go now. And I'd much prefer that his defining characteristic be that he's Batman's heir apparent for the title of Detective.
    That's the other side of the coin with this move. I'm going to sound like an old man (Born in 78) but I feel blessed I grew up in the 80s. This decade really lacks original ideas. Today its just reboots, changing a character's identity, or force feeding an opinion rather than focus on telling a good story.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-10-2021 at 06:24 PM.

I know Bendis failed epically as he does with most things... But I really feel it's time for Tim to rebrand! No more Robin, Drake a failure absolutely but the rught name is out there! So after he figures out his new situation & comes into his own I feel now is the time to really pull Tim from out of the perpetual frozen state he's been in for years!
    That's honestly what I'm hoping this is the start of. This, alone, shouldn't be the thing that gets Tim Drake fans exciting. Because at the end of the day, all they did was take an uninteresting character and make him a gay uninteresting character. Not exactly great for representation. So if we're about to start some new era of Tim rebranding himself, I wanna see what else they have planned.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-10-2021 at 06:28 PM.