Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1540
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I got it from my mutuals on twitter, but yeah she maybe got it from 4chan. I don't know it was fake though, only indeed she said that the article was taken down but she already screenshotted it.
    At this point I just want to believe that Tynion made any attempt to work on him, since not many writers are interested in Tim nowadays and Tynion is always too busy with his OCs
    She's lying. It was not from BC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    On Bleeding Cool leak they said that there will be Tim Drake mini-series about Tim embraced his new sexuality, but since Tynion left Batman after #117, it gets put on hold in case the new captain has different idea.

Attachment 112378
    This was NOT on Bleeding Cool. Fake.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    I’m not saying the exchange was Snyder confirming that Tim was bisexual canonically, just that there have been creators dropping hints and gestures towards it as a possibility well before this past Tuesday.
    Well yeah, I mean I think YJ may have joked or TT did.

I’m not saying the exchange was Snyder confirming that Tim was bisexual canonically, just that there have been creators dropping hints and gestures towards it as a possibility well before this past Tuesday.
    Pretty much. There was always implications or 'subtext'.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Okay so where is he going? Bludhaven? Unless he's moving to another book.

Also is it just me or is Bernard reminding me too much of early Steph. Blonde hair, Blue eyes, wearing plaid like she used to. Not to mention the quipping and poses. I get that he has a type but man, if we're going to go down this road there are better more interesting characters to pick. Like You could bring back Danny Temple who was the heir of the Kobra group and Tim wound up saving him and they had an awesome adventure together (including Yeti's) this was during his Brentwood stay. Or more recently just have him with Airwave (Hal Jordan Jr.) Hal's nephew who needs someone to help him learn to be a superhero, and Tim's been doing it for years.

Attachment 112549

I mean come on, Hal asks Hal Jr. if he's trying to be a superhero to impress a girl, he states it's not a girl. I mean, you have a strong connection right there between Hal not wanting Airwave to be his Robin, and Airwave wanting to learn to be a hero. Hell drama right up through the JL with the two (Bruce and Hal) having to deal with their own issues with each other at times, and Hal's view of Heroes as he sees himself as an officer not a Superhero, and Tim helping Airwave out teaching him what bruce taught him etc. Could lead to some interesting cross overs and Tim and Hal Jr. Are the same age.
    He really has the early Steph feels: Outsider wants to be a superhero. It really reads like fanfic

Anything these days can be a hint that X characther is LGBT. So there is little value on it.
    Specially that it was one sided as far I know

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised by the LGBTQ+ frustration. Let's face facts here, Tim is the Robin DC has literally tried EVERYTHING with in recent years. He's become a canvas more than a character. Now, if they made Nightwing or Damian gay or bisexual that would be a bold non-purely pandering move, IMO.
    Tim was in a place like Iceman, without growth and changes. The outing gave Iceman a new spin while the solo lasted. Then iceman became just a wallpaper again.
    If there isn' further plans beyond moving away from Gotham, same will happen with Tim
    Last edited by Writerblog; 08-14-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    He really has the early Steph feels: Outsider wants to be a superhero. It really reads like fanfic

Anything these days can be a hint that X characther is LGBT. So there is little value on it.
    Specially that it was one sided as far I know

Tim was in a place like Iceman, without growth and changes. The outing gave Iceman a new spin while the solo lasted. Then iceman became just a wallpaper again.
    If there isn' further plans beyond moving away from Gotham, same will happen with Tim

That's what sort of worries me about this character. He's too perfect for Tim, and as others have said it's suspect that he is this much like Steph. So either they really want to push Male version of Stephanie, which would be really odd because would that mean she would be altered more so he could take more of her story so that Tim can connect to him faster. I'll give the character a shake but it's too much like they're trying to build a male Steph. Like you said it feels more Fanficy in ways. I'm sure it's going to be well written, but everything feels like the character is up to something. I really hope I'm wrong.

Issue one is that there isn't enough real pairing for people so anything and everything is considered a hint. However on the other side of things you have a subset of fans who (for the most part are straight women) enjoy the idea of pairing guys (sort of like fans of Harley x Joker) and do it as less a desire for representation but for "Oh two hot guys making out". So you have the legit issue coming smack up against the subset I discribed and it can lead to not good rep at all and hints to play to both groups. Which really don't work well. You do have writers that WANT to tell a legit story but then you have editorial and higher ups who won't let it go through for reasons, or if they do it's done in a way that gets the most reaction on social media.

This is what I'm worried about. Bobby for the most part can be a cool character but he doesn't get a chance because not enough writers know what to do with him. Northstar's role so far has been strong, but it's only because it's easier to write a character that can be an ass so easy conflict with others, but how often do they honestly deal with his husband Kyle? Billy and Teddy are the only active couple I can think of in the male area, but that's mostly because of Billy being like his mom and Teddy being a prince in the cosmic situation right now. Tommy hasn't really gotten to be much since he was paired with David other than his boyfriend. I do not want this for Tim. As you said, Iceman has become wallpaper at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    That's what sort of worries me about this character. He's too perfect for Tim, and as others have said it's suspect that he is this much like Steph. So either they really want to push Male version of Stephanie, which would be really odd because would that mean she would be altered more so he could take more of her story so that Tim can connect to him faster. I'll give the character a shake but it's too much like they're trying to build a male Steph. Like you said it feels more Fanficy in ways. I'm sure it's going to be well written, but everything feels like the character is up to something. I really hope I'm wrong.

Issue one is that there isn't enough real pairing for people so anything and everything is considered a hint. However on the other side of things you have a subset of fans who (for the most part are straight women) enjoy the idea of pairing guys (sort of like fans of Harley x Joker) and do it as less a desire for representation but for "Oh two hot guys making out". So you have the legit issue coming smack up against the subset I discribed and it can lead to not good rep at all and hints to play to both groups. Which really don't work well. You do have writers that WANT to tell a legit story but then you have editorial and higher ups who won't let it go through for reasons, or if they do it's done in a way that gets the most reaction on social media.

This is what I'm worried about. Bobby for the most part can be a cool character but he doesn't get a chance because not enough writers know what to do with him. Northstar's role so far has been strong, but it's only because it's easier to write a character that can be an ass so easy conflict with others, but how often do they honestly deal with his husband Kyle? Billy and Teddy are the only active couple I can think of in the male area, but that's mostly because of Billy being like his mom and Teddy being a prince in the cosmic situation right now. Tommy hasn't really gotten to be much since he was paired with David other than his boyfriend. I do not want this for Tim. As you said, Iceman has become wallpaper at times.
    If the problem with diversity is you think the writers can't handle it, wouldn't the answer be to campaign for better writers instead of less diversity?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If the problem with diversity is you think the writers can't handle it, wouldn't the answer be to campaign for better writers instead of less diversity?
    I think both is needed. Diversity, but better writers who understand the characters. A lot of the time writers just wanna go over doing research. So you end up with half ass stories and half ass representation.

Some writers don't know how to write anything beyond what they know so you get a mess. I don't want that for Tim.

Only if we pretend that comics can even get het relationships right 80% of the time

What relationship break are Batman and Catwoman on again? Like their 80th?

Why did Barbara and Luke break up again? Oh no reason was given just a half-arsed 'right guy wrong time but I'm seeing someone now or something'. From Barbara as she's thrust into another likely toxic relationship?

And even on the LGBT side

So... when are Harley and Poison Ivy going to actually commit to each other officially with something consistent or stable? Like the way BatCat tried and the way Clois do?

Yeah comics still don't get relationships right 80% of the time. I don't expect them to start now. All I can hope for tbh is that they do a good job with building this and make them both well rounded in that potential date and relationship. Whether it builds to them being paired for 6 years or for 6 months, I just want that part of the story to be done well going forward and deeper into it.

And most importantly, not tossed to the side within a year.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-16-2021 at 02:48 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised by the LGBTQ+ frustration. Let's face facts here, Tim is the Robin DC has literally tried EVERYTHING with in recent years. He's become a canvas more than a character. Now, if they made Nightwing or Damian gay or bisexual that would be a bold non-purely pandering move, IMO.
    How? Dick is too well-known to be with Barbara or Starfire. People will complain about Damian since he's too young like they did with Gabby in X-Men Red.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How? Dick is too well-known to be with Barbara or Starfire. People will complain about Damian since he's too young like they did with Gabby in X-Men Red.
    You're missing the overall point. Dick and Damian have been far more relevant than Tim. That's what Celgress was making note of. Tim has been a 3rd to 4th tier character, so DC changing his sexuality isn't as impactful as if they had gone with Damian or Dick since they are tier 1/2 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    You're missing the overall point. Dick and Damian have been far more relevant than Tim. That's what Celgress was making note of. Tim has been a 3rd to 4th tier character, so DC changing his sexuality isn't as impactful as if they had gone with Damian or Dick since they are tier 1/2 characters.
    Why does it need to be "impactful"? I thought LGBT rep wasn't a competition.
    How would making a character they went out of their way to not be homosexual suddenly homosexual not pandering?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why does it need to be "impactful"? I thought LGBT rep wasn't a competition.
    How would making a character they went out of their way to not be homosexual suddenly homosexual not pandering?
    I think the word "pandering" is wrong. Also, I don't think LGBT rep should be "impactful" either.

However, if Tim was so popular and relevant as Damian or Dick, DC wouldn't dare to make him bi. That's why they say DC isn't bold enough.

In other words, DC doesn't know what to do with Tim, so they try to make him relevant by changing his sexuality.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-16-2021 at 07:25 PM.

pander
    [ˈpandər]
    VERB
    pandering (present participle)
    gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.).
    "newspapers are pandering to people's baser instincts"

Saying LGBT people are being pandered to is kind of offensive. We're still celebrating when we get crumbs.
    Straight men have been pandered to by comics since day one, and still are. 99% of comics are made to appeal directly to them. They're just pandered to so hard they don't see it. It's normalized and anything not directly designed for them bothers some of them. A lot apparently.

And please, people stop being offended on behalf of LGBT people if diversity bothers you. We may be getting crumbs but after a lifetime of starving for representation, I'm celebrating the crumbs we're getting. If diversity bothers you, say so, but don't use LGBT people as a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think the word "pandering" is wrong. Also, I don't think LGBT rep should be "impactful" either.

However, if Tim was so popular and relevant as Damian or Dick, DC wouldn't dare to make him bi. That's why they say DC isn't bod enough.

In other words, DC doesn't know what to do with Tim, so they try to make him relevant by changing his sexualitu.
    The writer said they chose to make Tim date Bernard cuz it made sense with Tim's history.

If you're saying DC only allowed it to make Tim more popular, you're dipping into pandering.
    "Cable was right!"