Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Why though? Everything he's done and accomplished should count. That would be like us comparing say.. Tim or Jason to Bruce, and saying they are far younger and inexperienced than him(which they are) that we don't count what they have gained through their own individual journeys. The same can be applied to Damian. I don't see why we'd disregard what he has achieved to this point simply because of his age. It's not like he's been incompetent on the job, quite the opposite.

Fully agree. I'd rather be shown than be told what each individual excels at through the line of a story. Unfortunately we don't always get that.
    Well the way I see it, if at 10 Damian is performing at a level that he's able to compete with any of the other Robins [who are 17, 20+ and 20+ ] then clearly he out classes all of them. If Damian achievements are comparable at 10 to Tim's at 17 then there is no question who is smarter or excel.

Tim at 10 wasn't anywhere near where Damian was at 10 so it invalidates any comparison while also undermining Tim's own achievements.

Likewise Comparing Tim a 17 to Bruce a 30+ year old doesn't make Bruce look very well if Tim is performing a on a similar level to Bruce.

Which he [Tim] isn't. The problem is that that is not the case with Damian.

Damian's hyper-competency at a young age is the problem.
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-02-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well the way I see it, if at 10 Damian is performing at a level that he's able to compete with any of the other Robins [who are 17, 20+ and 20+ ] then clearly he out classes all of them. If Damian achievements are comparable at 10 to Tim's at 17 then there is no question who is smarter or excel.

Tim at 10 wasn't anywhere near where Damian was at 10 so it invalidates any comparison while also undermining Tim's own achievements.

Likewise Comparing Tim a 17 to Bruce a 30+ year old doesn't make Bruce look very well if Tim is performing a on a similar level to Bruce.

Which he [Tim] isn't. The problem is that that is not the case with Damian.

Damian's hyper-competency at a young age is the problem.
    It doesn't undermine Tim or anyone else. Damian is simply that talented. It doesn't take away from anything Tim or anyone else has done just because they weren't as brilliant as Damian was at his age. Besides Damian was being trained from birth for greatness so it makes sense he'd have an edge over anyone in the Bat Fam at that age. He's doing stuff comparable to Bruce, does that undermine his accomplishments as well? I certainly don't feel that way. This is something I have to disagree on.

Extraordinary Member

There'll be a Tim Drake story in Batman: Urban Legends #4, he's also on the variant:

And finally, the fourth story stars Tim Drake, by the writer of Future State's Robin Eternal, Meghan Fitzmartin along with artist Belén Ortega.

"Tim Drake has returned to the streets of Gotham City and is seeking a new purpose," reads DC's description. "But what he finds is a string of young adult kidnappings committed by someone known only as 'The Chaos Monster' will Tim be able to get to the root of the kidnappings or will he fall prey to them?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    There'll be a Tim Drake story in Batman: Urban Legends #4, he's also on the variant:

Love the variant but not wasn't impressed by Robin Eternal so not really looking forward to this.

It's been over 10 years, time to drop the looking for a purpose angle. This is a pirate for me I'm afraid.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So he’s still robin then? So we now officially have 2 robins active or will they give Tim a new name during this story?

Finally a Tim story!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So he’s still robin then? So we now officially have 2 robins active or will they give Tim a new name during this story?
    Given the description about finding a new purpose, that could hint on them taking the character in a different direction. Hopefully as a maskless private detective, I think that would work well for him.

Given the description about finding a new purpose, that could hint on them taking the character in a different direction. Hopefully as a maskless private detective, I think that would work well for him.
    Sounds kind of boring to me, but to each their own .

Incredible Member

Ooo nice it’s from the FS writer. She had a nice grip on Tim’s internal thoughts despite the story. Glad to know he wasn’t just shelved at the very least. Unrelated but now I need some Cassie WG news lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds kind of boring to me, but to each their own .
    It would be better than some of the stuff they have done with him since the New-52, he's been heavily irrelevant with the bloated cast of Bat-Fam members. Taking a different direction with the character I think could work wonders for him in the long run. It's no secret Tim isn't that great of a fighter, so putting strict focus on what he's good at I think could work moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Ooo nice it’s from the FS writer. She had a nice grip on Tim’s internal thoughts despite the story. Glad to know he wasn’t just shelved at the very least. Unrelated but now I need some Cassie WG news lol
    And hopefully soon. I'd rather Cassie not remain in the shadow realm

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Finally something I'm interested in.
    Is this book featuring present stories or they are untold past ones?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It's a direction I would like too. Maybe without totally give up the vigilante mode.
    Tim needs a new direction, a street level scenario, private detective, FBI, Checkmate or something like that.
    Sadly I don't believe DC would be smart enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    It's a direction I would like too. Maybe without totally give up the vigilante mode.
    Tim needs a new direction, a street level scenario, private detective, FBI, Checkmate or something like that.
    Sadly I don't believe DC would be smart enough to do it.
    Which is unfortunate. They seem set on keeping him Robin 2.0/ the team Robin. TT, YJ, etc

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Not mask less. I found this quote from when he quits the first time and the answer to my question a while back:

"I can't squander the sacrifices of mom, dad, Stephanie, Darla Aquista, and the others, by turning my back on the struggle that claimed their lives. I'm never quitting again. They paid too high a price for me to simply dabble in super heroics. It's no longer just a kid's grand adventure"

He's staying. I want him to stay. As Red Robin or other names.