Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1540

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh my god, here we go again. Pick a codename and stick with it, DC.
    Spoilers from Batman: Urban Legends #8 in the link bellow.

https://i.imgur.com/2ttbtDN.jpg
    I was under the impression Tim swapped back to Red Robin last week. Nothing new here. Unless he goes by Drake by issues end, lol

But in all seriousness, Tim needs a new code-name and suit altogether. It's time he left the whole 'Robin' behind.

At this point they may as well just keep it, no matter what people say.

Incredible Member

I'm fine with Tim sticking with Red Robin, though if he does, I wish they'd drop the classic-ish Robin look and move more towards something akin to his Batman Reborn era Red Robin suit. I feel like it's more distinctive and fitting for his own codename, rather than continuing to look like Robin.

I'm pretty sure the Clownhunter Batman back-up from last week was written by the same writer as the Outsiders story, Brandon Thomas, so it may just be the name he's going with for Tim. But they should definitely try to align it with the Tim story that's been going on in Urban Legends as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm fine with Tim sticking with Red Robin, though if he does, I wish they'd drop the classic-ish Robin look and move more towards something akin to his Batman Reborn era Red Robin suit. I feel like it's more distinctive and fitting for his own codename, rather than continuing to look like Robin.

I'm pretty sure the Clownhunter Batman back-up from last week was written by the same writer as the Outsiders story, Brandon Thomas, so it may just be the name he's going with for Tim. But they should definitely try to align it with the Tim story that's been going on in Urban Legends as well.
    I always liked Tim in black and red.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Yay, black and red suit is back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post

But in all seriousness, Tim needs a new code-name and suit altogether. It's time he left the whole 'Robin' behind.
    Agreed.

I've lost almost all hope for Tim.

Honestly, I'm so exhausted by all this that I'm actually okay with him just staying Red Robin. Just let him stick with that and either go back to the New 52 outfit or the Pre-Flashpoint one. Problem...not completely solved but it's better than what they've been doing.

Then once they finally decide who the **** he is, maybe give him something to do that isn't totally disappointing or dependent on him tagging along with other Batfamily members. I'm still all for a Young Justice revival by someone who like...actually knows what they're doing with those characters.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-12-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, I'm so exhausted by all this that I'm actually okay with him just staying Red Robin. Just let him stick with that and either go back to the New 52 outfit or the Pre-Flashpoint one. Problem...not completely solved but it's better than what they've been doing.

Then once they finally decide who the **** he is, maybe give him something to do that isn't totally disappointing or dependent on him tagging along with other Batfamily members. I'm still all for a Young Justice revival by someone who like...actually knows what they're doing with those characters.
    Can we just have Peter David come back to write that.

Personally I think s cross between pre 52 and DCAU version would work for his costume. But yes let's do something to right the ship before we end up with another dead Robin on our hands.

Extraordinary Member

I was under the impression Tim swapped back to Red Robin last week. Nothing new here. Unless he goes by Drake by issues end, lol
    Looks a little like they just changed him back to Robin for the coming out, since Robin coming out would be a bigger headline, than Red Robin/Drake coming out.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He only appears in that page.
    Oh! Right. This is 8 not 10. That one's still in December

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Looks a little like they just changed him back to Robin for the coming out, since Robin coming out would be a bigger headline, than Red Robin/Drake coming out.
    So weird to do that honestly. His costume shouldn't have mattered all that much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So weird to do that honestly. His costume shouldn't have mattered all that much.
    I just realized that this didn't really lines up, I forgot that he already changed to Robin at the beginning of Young Justice.

But they might have still delayed the switch back to Red robin because of the coming out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I just realized that this didn't really lines up, I forgot that he already changed to Robin at the beginning of Young Justice.

But they might have still delayed the switch back to Red robin because of the coming out.
    Tim started to use his Robin suit in Young Justice. Curiously, Tim said his codename was still Red Robin in Young Justice #8.

I think Tim using Robin suit again was because Bendis planned to change his identity to Drake. So, Bendis wanted to put Tim on his best known identity first, since it will have more impact.

However, Drake was a pretty horrible identity (and the Drake suit was pretty terrible too). Then, Bendis had to backtrack on his plans and Tim started to use the Robin suit again (his codename wasn't pretty clear).
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-13-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Some interesting bits from BC:

"The creators involved Meghan Fitzmartin writing Tim Drake stories in the anthology Batman: Urban Legends and Tom Taylor on Superman: Son Of Kal-El. They independently thought it would be an interesting take on the characters, might make a twist that could inform new stories, and might reflect the desires and wishes of new audiences without turning off the old.

They each had their stories approved by their direct editors at DC Comics, but higher-up editorial only found out about what was going on when the comics were well underway.

And in Batman: Urban Legends #6's case, already sent out from the printers.

In both cases, this necessitated some urgent editorial meetings to a) check what was going on and b) suggest that maybe people might mention it a little further advance next time.

There was no push back against the idea, no pulping this time, just the company exploring the implications and consequences. And, in the end, the books continued pretty much as planned.

Once it was all agreed, DC Comics marketing suggested they officially announce the Superman news (about 6 weeks after Bleeding Cool had run it) on National Coming Out Day. Which was clever.

If it had all been planned, as part of some conspiracy, there would not have been a four-month gap between Batman Urban Legends #6 and #10, for the next part of Tim Drake's story.

And there wouldn't have been such frantic Zoom meetings arranged at the Batman and Superman DC Comics editorial offices after the fact, with everybody kicking off.

DC Comics has become a lot warier of scaring the horses after the Batman Damned Batpenis event of three years ago, and the not-entirely-pandemic-related redundancies last year… there's far too many spinning of plates, firefighting, dealing with not enough paper, printers, or trucks, with delays stacking up, to ever consider some pushing some kind of woke liberal social agenda as a corporate policy. If only. There just isn't the time."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/incr...gbtq-bisexual/

Incredible Member

Robins #3 Variant by Marcus To