Page 93 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1540

Even got his staff .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

First the cover is really cool. Second, interesting situations. Makes me wonder how this will play out for future development with other charcters will play out now that writers found a way to kind of slip things through.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Some interesting bits from BC:

"The creators involved Meghan Fitzmartin writing Tim Drake stories in the anthology Batman: Urban Legends and Tom Taylor on Superman: Son Of Kal-El. They independently thought it would be an interesting take on the characters, might make a twist that could inform new stories, and might reflect the desires and wishes of new audiences without turning off the old.

They each had their stories approved by their direct editors at DC Comics, but higher-up editorial only found out about what was going on when the comics were well underway.

And in Batman: Urban Legends #6's case, already sent out from the printers.
    Wow if Newbie writers and low level editors can get away with stuff like that at DC, it's no wonder that continuity is such a mess ...

The BC article also kind of wired, I mean in the end of the day the message of that article seem to be: "calm down the higher-ups at DC have no 'woke agenda' they have simply no control about what their subordinates are doing with the characters"
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-16-2021 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wow if Newbie writers and low level editors can get away with stuff like that at DC, it's no wonder that continuity is such a mess ...

The BC article also kind of wired, I mean in the end of the day the message of that article seem to be: "calm down the higher-ups at DC have no 'woke agenda' they have simply no control about what their subordinates are doing with the characters"
    Sounds like the higher ups need to take more of an interest in what's going on. If comics are getting published without upper editors knowing what's in them, that sounds like that's on them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If comics are getting published without upper editors knowing what's in them, that sounds like that's on them.
    Depends on how high up these editors were, I have no idea how the hierarchy at DC exactly looks like, and it said also not really said who knew about that and who didn't.

And I don't know if even an group editor really needs know more than "there is going to be a 3 part Tim Drake story in the Anthology" if that story wasn't really supposed to lead to anything.

But stuff like this shows imo that something isn't going like it should at the DC editorial.

If I were editing comics I'd want to know what was going out. It doesn't seem that big a chore to read over the story summaries of every book they're responsible for.
    It really sounds like upper editorial is asleep at the wheel.

Mighty Member

Depends on how high up these editors were, I have no idea how the hierarchy at DC exactly looks like, and it said also not really said who knew about that and who didn't.

And I don't know if even an group editor really needs know more than "there is going to be a 3 part Tim Drake story in the Anthology" if that story wasn't really supposed to lead to anything.

But stuff like this shows imo that something isn't going like it should at the DC editorial.
    While the top brass may not have known the bat group editors certainly did.

The rumors about Tim coming out started since Urban Legend #4, in June, and at the time the artist on the book Ortega retweeted tweets that suggested the dinner between Bernard and Tim was a date.

Tynion talked about that there would be a shift in direction when it comes to Tim, and Willamson stated that the bat office didn't allow him to use Tim because of their plans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Higher-up editorial would be Editor in Chief Marie Javins and Executive Editor for Young Reader and VP Michelle R. Wells.
    Group editor for the Bat is Ben Abernathy
    Book editor for Urban Legends Tim Drake is Jess Chen (Jason Todd and Terry are under Dave Wielgosz)

All of those people are mentioned in the Urban Legends credits.

Beside them, there's publisher and CCO Jim Lee, manufacturer, general manager, VP, senior VP, everyone is mentioned, the list seems pretty complete.

So Jess Chen obviously knows, she's the book editor for Urban Legends Tim part, and she's vocal on Twitter on her support.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While the top brass may not have known the bat group editors certainly did.

The rumors about Tim coming out started since Urban Legend #4, in June, and at the time the artist on the book Ortega retweeted tweets that suggested the dinner between Bernard and Tim was a date.

Tynion talked about that there would be a shift in direction when it comes to Tim, and Willamson stated that the bat office didn't allow him to use Tim because of their plans.
    Yeah that makes sense. It will be weird if the Bat group editor doesn't know.

I was wondering how they can get past Editor in Chief, but that's based on what I know from Didio era, who's micromanaging and when Tom King was writing Batman, he seems to report directly to him. Didio was fired for micromanagement so their next selection wouldn't be as hands on as him.

It's possible they decide to give enough freedom and trust the group editor, so it's not too micromanage-y.

And with the newfound freedom they run with it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh my god, here we go again. Pick a codename and stick with it, DC.
    Spoilers from Batman: Urban Legends #8 in the link bellow.

https://i.imgur.com/2ttbtDN.jpg
    Is he getting a new suit too? Because otherwise it's kinda sad if rolls around with that name in a regular Robin suit. It makes it look like he can't move on.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

If I were editing comics I'd want to know what was going out. It doesn't seem that big a chore to read over the story summaries of every book they're responsible for.
    It really sounds like upper editorial is asleep at the wheel.
    The head of Batman editors SHOULD have known.

And with a topic as sexuality is a hot button-He should have went higher up to make sure that would be no issue. If the head editor did not do that-it's on Ben.

The issues we have seen with DC is selective caring about something.

They did not care about butchering Static and Firestorm in New 52. Yet cared enough to make sure Stephanie & Cassandra was EDITED out of books even if it was a cameo.

There was no push back against the idea, no pulping this time, just the company exploring the implications and consequences.
    Translated-when the usual suspects that have not touched a DC Comic book since the 90s and those who don't read beyond the headline start throwing fits-Dc will find a way to Jedi Mind Trick Tim's new interest away.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The head of Batman editors SHOULD have known.

And with a topic as sexuality is a hot button-He should have went higher up to make sure that would be no issue. If the head editor did not do that-it's on Ben.

The issues we have seen with DC is selective caring about something.

They did not care about butchering Static and Firestorm in New 52. Yet cared enough to make sure Stephanie & Cassandra was EDITED out of books even if it was a cameo.

Translated-when the usual suspects that have not touched a DC Comic book since the 90s and those who don't read beyond the headline start throwing fits-Dc will find a way to Jedi Mind Trick Tim's new interest away.
    I expect there would be a bigger backlash if they did walk back Tim's sexual orientation. I'd be very surprised if he's not going to stay gay/bi.

Astonishing Member

I expect there would be a bigger backlash if they did walk back Tim's sexual orientation. I'd be very surprised if he's not going to stay gay/bi.
    I doubt they will walk back Tim's sexual orientation. That said, it's possible they will make Tim and Stephanie come back together, since Tim is likely Bi.

Sure, there will be backlash of gay erasure. However, a lot of this backash will feel biphobic for many people. So, there will be complaints about the backlash too.

PS: This happened with Loki.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-18-2021 at 06:19 AM.

I think it would be fine if his attraction to the same gender is still acknowledged within the books even if he is in an opposite sex relationship.

The issue is when bi characters like WW are only announced to be bi sexual but they never actually show her on panel with a female partner, only males.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think it would be fine if his attraction to the same gender is still acknowledged within the books even if he is in an opposite sex relationship.

The issue is when bi characters like WW are only announced to be bi sexual but they never actually show her on panel with a female partner, only males.
    If they want an Amazon character that is bisexual or lesbian then they should go with Yara Flor since she is a new character or Nubia. For Diana herself, I always thought that she wasn't interested in romance until she met Steve.