Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spatterdasher View Post
    Damian's right on the boundary. Writers will probably start giving him love interests soon.

I'd say it doesn't necessarily have to be a source of angst for Jason but who am I kidding, everything turns into a source of angst for Jason.

I think Bruce is actually the best candidate (I don't think Catwoman cares much about monogamy) but I'm not deluding myself into thinking that would ever happen.
    Well, technically, counting the animated movies they already paired him with Raven. And then there was Djinn in the last Teen Titans run.

I can only see a Tim situation being like Catwoman because I don't think a guy love interest is going to overshadow Steph with Tim.

And now Flatline in the current Robin book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And now Flatline in the current Robin book.
    Is Flatline a love Interest?

Djinn wasn't paired with Damian. I know she liked him but he was clueless. Mostly it was just a reason for Crush to yeet Damian around during jealous rages.

I think he liked Emi for a hot second before it was revealed she had a crush on Nightwing.

Damian however in Multiversity was said to be in the closet. He had feelings for Superman Chris kent.

DC making Tim Gay and having him come out in an anthology book just screams low effort last ditch not inclusion.

at least they are putting in effort in Jackson. Can't wait for his mini as Aquaman.

If DC is going to make a Robin gay then it should be handled properly. Any of them can be revealed as bi [lots of people come out much later in life] or in Damian's case gay [since he is pretty much a clean slate] The important thing is how it's handled and the reasons behind the move. Pandering to a social media subset who mostly deal in fanon is a dodgy reason but I guess even that crowd has money to spend so why not take it from them.

I would like to see an elseworld where Bruce and Clark are gay. Give it a similar vibe to Gotham high and that would be a guilty pleasure read.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-11-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Flatline flirted with a wink, and Rose had to warn him not to fall for the first girl who kills him. So yeah, she's a potential love interest.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, technically, counting the animated movies they already paired him with Raven. And then there was Djinn in the last Teen Titans run.

I can only see a Tim situation being like Catwoman because I don't think a guy love interest is going to overshadow Steph with Tim.
    Yes it will Tim is robin 3 and inner circle bat family. He doesn’t have a book but appears all over the bat books. Give it some time now that bat editorial can have lgbt representation very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yes it will Tim is robin 3 and inner circle bat family. He doesn’t have a book but appears all over the bat books. Give it some time now that bat editorial can have lgbt representation very easily
    So Tim will constantly appear in other books talking about how much he likes guys now? I dunno, seems like a stretch to me.

So Tim will constantly appear in other books talking about how much he likes guys now? I dunno, seems like a stretch to me.
    More to the point, how would that make for interesting storytelling?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Is Flatline a love Interest?

Djinn wasn't paired with Damian. I know she liked him but he was clueless. Mostly it was just a reason for Crush to yeet Damian around during jealous rages.

I think he liked Emi for a hot second before it was revealed she had a crush on Nightwing.

Damian however in Multiversity was said to be in the closet. He had feelings for Superman Chris kent.

DC making Tim Gay and having him come out in an anthology book just screams low effort last ditch not inclusion.

at least they are putting in effort in Jackson. Can't wait for his mini as Aquaman.

If DC is going to make a Robin gay then it should be handled properly. Any of them can be revealed as bi [lots of people come out much later in life] or in Damian's case gay [since he is pretty much a clean slate] The important thing is how it's handled and the reasons behind the move. Pandering to a social media subset who mostly deal in fanon is a dodgy reason but I guess even that crowd has money to spend so why not take it from them.

I would like to see an elseworld where Bruce and Clark are gay. Give it a similar vibe to Gotham high and that would be a guilty pleasure read.
    E3368D77-4A08-49A3-867C-0CEEBDC58F24.jpg 30B2018B-9B66-4ACD-8D5E-BA8A0AB313B5.jpg

It was set to crash and burn but they were
    He will find his magical girl someday

Extraordinary Member

No he is just more likely to get a book now. In that book he will Proably have boyfriend. Nothing will change except he might have a boyfriend. As he is now the third Robin, cis gendered and straight he is not a priority or a need.

No he is just more likely to get a book now. In that book he will Proably have boyfriend. Nothing will change except he might have a boyfriend. As he is now the third Robin, cis gendered and straight he is not a priority or a need.
    I don't think that's automatically going to guarantee him a book. I don't think this is going to lead to an Alan Scott push.

And I don't think anyone is as invested in an OC boyfriend compared to bringing Steph back.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that's automatically going to guarantee him a book. I don't think this is going to lead to an Alan Scott push.

And I don't think anyone is as invested in an OC boyfriend compared to bringing Steph back.
    Give tumblr and Twitter some time, soon enough the artwork circulates and become more popular then the source material.
    And those kind of fans are relentless when they demand somthing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    More to the point, how would that make for interesting storytelling?
    I think without him having a civilian family and friends now, it would be really hard to make anything story wise with it.

It might have been possible to make him coming out interesting if they had done it before identity crisis (also it wouldn't have been so done already so many times back than), but if he comes out now most of the Batfamily will just say "Yeah we knew that all along" and that will be it.

Give tumblr and Twitter some time, soon enough the artwork circulates and become more popular then the source material.
    Isn't Tim and Steph already popular on tumblr and twitter?

Although I don't think comic creators should be basing their creative decision on tumblr and twitter.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn’t put much stock in Tumblr or Twitter fans leading to change in either mainstream thought on a character or franchise profit - in general, Tumblr tends to treat characters more as “muses” for their own creative processes and ideas than as actual products from other corporations to be invested in with actual money.

Tumblr has long enjoyed characters who were exiled to limbo before, like Steph, Cass, and Wally, but had no actual ability to make mainstream impact. And Tumblr frequently goes all in on numerous pairings and ‘ships that either never see the light of day, or simply aren’t actually assets any company would want in the long run.

Hell, about half of the Tumblr fans of the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy went all in on Kylo Ren as Rey’s love interest, even though that ‘ship was rife with abusive connotations, toxicity, and various levels of racism and sexism… then they got catered to by LFL in The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker… and the ST still lost about half of its customers, especially in the demographics they were ostensibly hoping to target (young people, women, and minorities.)

Don’t trust the social media platforms to have a positive impact on a franchise. A good author on published material has infinitely greater impact. Twitter and Tumblr have too much of a tendency towards niche echo chambers.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Biggest problem with Tumblr/Twitter sphere is that they are connected to various comics news sites and blogs so they can easily create an impression that something is hot or cold. Kinda how Snyder diehards were able to look like a worldwide phenomenon by gaming Twitter algorithms.