Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    "Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!"

PS: Curiously, Tim was called Red Robin in the preview for the comic Robins (although he use his Robin suit)
    Haha...I'm just imagining whoever wrote the copy for that was like: 'Nightwing, Red Hood, Robi-' wait a minute... *immediately calls editor*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    She’s done some manga work and was on Captain Marvel and some Marvel covers.

But yeah this is her first DC work
    This is one heck of a debut!

This is one of the best looking art I've seen from a DC comics since Rebirth started. Beautiful work.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Even better Damian should take over the Drake identity.

There are many Robins currently, Damian, Jarro and Maps however Tim isn't Robin or back as Batman's sidekick. No that role went to Harley

The real reason for tim back in the costume is far more interesting and compelling

spoilers:
    He's helping Bruce who is pulling the old' hire an actor to make my stubborn sidekick/ Son/ partner who quit come back'. otherwise known as the Steph.

That's what their unseen chat in YJ was about.

Bruce has been feeling really bad for sending Damian to Gotham and everything that followed. he gets that his holiday and bad plan has left Damian angry, Alfredless and traumatised. Damian quit more than Robin. he quit Bruce.

Bruce tried to get him back but got punched. This more Robin. Bruce wants his youngest son back to save him from having to relive that neck snapped over and over and over in every adaption that features Alfred and or Damian or Bane.

So he reached out to the one person who that can help. the only one that had plenty of free time. the only one with a Robin costume that still fits. The person who has been dropping hints since Selina left Bruce with no one to chat with on Patrol.

So bruce reached out to Tim. Who honestly is tailor made for this mission. Damian and Tim have issues [insecurity on both sides] So he is the perfect replacement to rile Damian. He likes to take things away from other Robins esp Tim [remember that black leather Jacket with the yellow strips he wore in Streets of Gotham and LiL Gotham? That was stolen from Tim ]

Tim is determined to expose Damian for the imposter he is. Damian afterall has Al Ghul DnA, tried to kill Tim and keeps stealing things that belong to Tim.

Tim's hoping the plan doesn't work but is he just had to help. Batman must have a Robin.

Other Bat titles even tie in.

The Panel from Nightwing with baby Robin Tim is actually Psycho pirate making the others think it's the 90's when Tim was younger and Robin. Tim wasn't dissing Damian or being inconsiderate talking like that in front of Bruce who can count and knows everyone's not there.

It's all part of the mission. The others can also count but this is before Talia dropped by with their new brother so they don't know that there's a Damian.

Jason being shorter and sporting a Nightwing logo = more evidence that their perception is PP manipulation.

More evidence for manipulation is the fact that character refer to Tim by different codenames

Following some family members calling out Bruce in Alfred RIp and claims that Bruce ain't **** at familying without Alfred. Bruce being the prideful type was forced to bring in PP rather than have the others find out that days after Alfred's funeral he's already misplaced the one kid still living under his roof.

Gosh that got lengthy. I got carried away.

Anyway that's why Tim is back as robin
    end of spoilers.

In my head canon anyway.
    I like this overly elaborate theory Now want that to be a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I know that. It's a joke, poking fun at the characters and the comics. it's not meant to be taken seriously.
    I thought it was funny.

Looks awesome

Incredible Member

So some developments yet not really developments from Urban Legends #4

spoilers:
    His code name is Robin when Damian’s out of town. His legal name is Tim Wayne to the public. Him and Steph broke up
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So some developments yet not really developments from Urban Legends #4

spoilers:
    His code name is Robin when Damian’s out of town. His legal name is Tim Wayne to the public. Him and Steph broke up
    end of spoilers
    Poor Tim Drake. DC just keeps making the worst decisions for him.

spoilers:
    Tim as Robin and Tim being the one Batson who decides to ditch his fathers name are two bad takes. Is he still 16? oh please tell me he is still 16. If anyone needed evidenced that Tim was a useless character here it is. He is a filler robin lol. The temp you call in when the real Robin is out of town
    end of spoilers

A lot of Tim blogs were rejoicing lastr year and saying how Tim as Robin wasn't a demotion. What is fill in Robin then? Is that also not a demotion? i'm not a Tim Drake fan and I laughed when damian got the Robin book but even I feel the disrespect of Tim whose tenure was 2nd only yo Dick now reduced to Robin with less experience than Damian. [how does that even work and why is Tim a thing then if damian has more years as Robin lol]

Tim fans should maybe start demanding that DC do something with him instead of clinging to Robin else by the next reboot he'd be aged out
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-07-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Poor Tim Drake. DC just keeps making the worst decisions for him.

spoilers:
    Tim as Robin and Tim being the one Batson who decides to ditch his fathers name are two bad takes. Is he still 16? oh please tell me he is still 16. If anyone needed evidenced that Tim was a useless character here it is. He is a filler robin lol. The temp you call in when the real Robin is out of town
    end of spoilers

A lot of Tim blogs were rejoicing lastr year and saying how Tim as Robin wasn't a demotion. What is fill in Robin then? Is that also not a demotion? i'm not a Tim Drake fan and I laughed when damian got the Robin book but even I feel the disrespect of Tim whose tenure was 2nd only yo Dick now reduced to Robin with less experience than Damian. [how does that even work and why is Tim a thing then if damian has more years as Robin lol]

Tim fans should maybe start demanding that DC do something with him instead of clinging to Robin else by the next reboot he'd be aged out
    Meh Tim has been a filler Robin for years now, Nothing new. DC's just finally admitting it.
    Not surprised to see the Tim Wayne nonsense come back. It's popular amongst the fanon crowd and Dc seems to be doing it's best to appeal to that crowd [Jason is the only Bat kid that it makes sense should /would ever ditch his fathers name for bruce's. Not Dick or Tim who had loving fathers]

The breaking up with Steph can also be good if they make Tim gay. All those haters and naysayers are just salty cos he's not dating kon. That is one way they could try making Tim interesting . Making him gay, keep him younger and make him baby face. It's shallow I know but that's what the majority of fans on tumblr and Twitter want [did you see the Tim drake discord when Robin eternal came out ? The whole discord was going crazy because Tim wasn't Baby ?!?

Give the fans that and Tim might get start selling again.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Meh Tim has been a filler Robin for years now, Nothing new. DC's just finally admitting it.
    Not surprised to see the Tim Wayne nonsense come back. It's popular amongst the fanon crowd and Dc seems to be doing it's best to appeal to that crowd [Jason is the only Bat kid that it makes sense should /would ever ditch his fathers name for bruce's. Not Dick or Tim who had loving fathers]

The breaking up with Steph can also be good if they make Tim gay. All those haters and naysayers are just salty cos he's not dating kon. That is one way they could try making Tim interesting . Making him gay, keep him younger and make him baby face. It's shallow I know but that's what the majority of fans on tumblr and Twitter want [did you see the Tim drake discord when Robin eternal came out ? The whole discord was going crazy because Tim wasn't Baby ?!?

Tim didn't hate his father but I thought loving is quite overstatement for Jack? He neglected Tim sometimes. Also except Jason, Cass should change her last name, David Cain is trash.

Never care for romance but poor Bendis, almost every writer after him tried to erase his influence. I see that most Tim fans I've seen prefer him to date Kon than Steph, because Steph is apparently abusive (already read their argument, and I think it's bullshit. Abusive because she threw a shoe? WHat the heck).

by the way, do you have link for Tim's discord? And maybe other Bat Boys discord?

You hit it right on the mark there. It's been that way since the New-52 and onward. Not to keen on the whole Tim Wayne thing coming back, actually was in favor of keeping his parents alive(you know with the whole witness protection thing) guess they decided not to keep that bit. Story has potential/ Hopefully at stories end he has a new direction, and for the love of me a new identity that doesn't have 'Robin' in it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    You hit it right on the mark there. It's been that way since the New-52 and onward. Not to keen on the whole Tim Wayne thing coming back, actually was in favor of keeping his parents alive(you know with the whole witness protection thing) guess they decided not to keep that bit. Story has potential/ Hopefully at stories end he has a new direction, and for the love of me a new identity that doesn't have 'Robin' in it.
    Wasn't a fan of Tim Wayne due to Tim adopting it when Bruce was missing and dropping it as soon as Bruce came back. Also it feels odd that Tim of all the boys would adopt the name. Not to mention that it doesn't feel like the type of thing Bruce would agree to. Erasing Jack Drake in his son's life doesn't feel like something Bruce would sign up to.

I also wasn't a fan of Tim's folks in WP. That WP storyline undermined Tim. Tim's road to heroics might have been selfish and self-serving but to take it to the extreme where he endangers his folks. Nah I don't like that.

I liked when Tim's folks were still alive and a part of his life. I get that these days he shares that with Duke [and Babs] but I feel that DC should go back to that formula. Give Tim a normal life and his own folks that might help him compete.

I don't mind Tim filling in for Damian, I just hope he is a lot older. Like Fergus said it's disrespectful that Damian has one year more experience as Robin than Tim who held the mantle for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Tim didn't hate his father but I thought loving is quite overstatement for Jack? He neglected Tim sometimes. Also except Jason, Cass should change her last name, David Cain is trash.

Never care for romance but poor Bendis, almost every writer after him tried to erase his influence. I see that most Tim fans I've seen prefer him to date Kon than Steph, because Steph is apparently abusive (already read their argument, and I think it's bullshit. Abusive because she threw a shoe? WHat the heck).

by the way, do you have link for Tim's discord? And maybe other Bat Boys discord?
    I suppose to me boarding school doesn't mean neglect or lack of love. His folks were busy trying to provide a better future for tim they loved him.

If Tim's choice of last name is a reflection of parental love then why in the world would he pick Wayne?

Bruce has been afar worse parent than Jack Drake ever was.

Tynion was the one who started the TimX Steph romance again. Bendis just ran with it and once he noticed that some fans were bashing him for it he did a classic Bendis and doubled down just to spit the haters.

He went over board shoving her into YJ which just fuelled the hate for her.

It's sad the way Steph's been trashed by TimXKon shippers. All the misinformation and lies. Steph wasn't abusive or a bully.

I'll DM you the Discord links once I get my hands on them again. { I got a look see thanks to a pal}

Astonishing Member

Wasn't a fan of Tim Wayne due to Tim adopting it when Bruce was missing and dropping it as soon as Bruce came back. Also it feels odd that Tim of all the boys would adopt the name. Not to mention that it doesn't feel like the type of thing Bruce would agree to. Erasing Jack Drake in his son's life doesn't feel like something Bruce would sign up to.
    In fact, Bruce offered the adoption to Tim in Batman #654. This was part of One Year Later.

However, the topic doesn't to be really developed until Red Robin
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-08-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Mighty Member

All this make me believe that Tim is going to end up being reveal as Red X.

It would not make sense and I don't think it suits his personality but I can see that being his secret identity (even from the other Batfamily members) when he is not filling in as Robin.

That is the only direction I can see them going that has Tynion excited.