Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Tim Drake: Robin, Red Robin, Drake Appreciation 2021

Link to the old thread; https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

Hopefully this turns out to be a decent year for Tim, starting with Robin Eternal

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since this was my first exposure to Tim and it's coming out might as well starts here

911876._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Batman Adventures: Robin, The Boy Wonder Vol. 1
    Robin takes the lead in this series of stories set in the beloved world of Batman: The Animated Series! A criminal uncovers Robin’s secret identity-and attempts to profit from his discovery! Plus, when Batman’s poisoned, Robin only has six hours to find the cure-and Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are standing in his way. Collects Batman: Gotham Adventures #7, #19, #29, #42, #54, and Batman Adventures #9.

Available on January 5 2021

Happy New Year to Tim and all his fans .

If you're going to include Drake as one of his identities, you should also include Mr. Sarcastic.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Happy new year fellow Tim Drake fans.

I'm happy were done with that whole Drake ridiculousness. Hopefully Tim will have some good showing in the next year. Young Justice, while not character ruining, wasnt anything great for Tim

20200304_085858.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hoping 2021 brings a stable direction for Tim Drake.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Any word yet if we're going to get an ongoing for him? Even with a mini series?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I would reasonably expect he'll appear in the main Batman book moving forward, at any rate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    No. Nothing about an ongoing or mini series.

It seems DC has plans for the core members in the Batfamily, but this doesn't necessarily mean a solo (Barbara seems to be on supporting role in the near time).

In itself, the situation doesn't seem pretty good for Tim. He doesn't even appear in Infinity Frontier cover.

Now, although Damian has another suit, he is still called Robin by the writers.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-03-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would reasonably expect he'll appear in the main Batman book moving forward, at any rate.
    Unfortunately, Tynion has say he doesn't plan to use the Batfamily (except Oracle). So, if Tim appear in Batman book, he will likely be only a cameo. Tynion wants to focus on the new characters (that he introduced).

Maybe Tynion likes Tim, but not enough to interfere with his own creations.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-02-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Unfortunately, Tynion has say he doesn't plant to use the Batfamily (except Oracle). So, if Tim appear in Batman book, he will likely be only a cameo. Tynion wants to focus on the new characters (that he introduced).

Maybe Tynion likes Tim, but not enough to interfere with his own creations.
    I recall an interview that Tynion gave a while back, where he stressed the point about the thing's that he could change.

I don't it's so much not wanting to interfere with his own creation [the man ran 2 Tim Drake fan blogs for Christ sake] more he wasn't allowed to since changes like that are way above his pay grade

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I recall an interview that Tynion gave a while back, where he stressed the point about the thing's that he could change.

I don't it's so much not wanting to interfere with his own creation [the man ran 2 Tim Drake fan blogs for Christ sake] more he wasn't allowed to since changes like that are way above his pay grade
    Which blog

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which blog
    I only know he ran a Tim Drake fan Tumblr account, and he already closed it because of toxic message. Don't know about the other blog

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

I don't really know about job hierarchy on Bat office but doesn't Tynion now is placed on one of main top position on Bat Office? I mean, on their tenure as Batman writers Morrison can 'kill' Batman and Synder can make Bruce amnesic so I don't think Tynion isn't allowed for merely using Tim Drake or make Tim focused story with his position right now.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 01-03-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

At least we have Tim in gaming in Gotham Knights this year. I'm excited for that .

Although not a huge fan of the long tunic hanging down the front. Looks ugly and too Damiany. It's a shame cuz Tim has some really cool suits. Maybe they'll have other skins.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 01-03-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Looking foward to Eternal and more Tim this year!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-