Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    and yeah. Steph's in Batwoman. Still 40 years after first appearance. So point still stands
    Huh? Steph debuted in the early 90s, not pre-Crisis! It's only been 30 years.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think Damian is actually the hardest Robin to get into live action, since for that you need a Batman that is already pretty far into his career and ideally you need to set up the relation between him and Talia in a previous movie.

What makes it even harder is that for live action you probably need to go for an older Damian than in cartoon and comics.

Dick and Jason have when it comes to this imo a really big advantage over the other Robins. Dick because he is the classic version, and Jason since the street kid origin is probably the one, that is the easiest to write into any Batman story.
    Batman been around long enough casual do not need backstory you can stage him mid career with a Robin and that be enough. The talk stuff is very much a quick flashback establish. Batman daddy day care it’s not hard

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batman been around long enough casual do not need backstory you can stage him mid career with a Robin and that be enough. The talk stuff is very much a quick flashback establish. Batman daddy day care it’s not hard
    Yeah you can do that, but in that case you really have to go for an older Batman, and that's not something they are going to do with every Batman adaptation (with Affleck they did it, but with Pattinson they are going again for a young Batman).
    With the other Robins you don't have this requirement, they can be brought in pretty independently of how old Bruce is and how long he has been Batman. (I mean technically they could have even brought into the Gotham TV where Bruce was just a teen ...)

Also in live action they they would likely go for Robin that is more like 15+ and not 10, so Bruce would have to be older here than in the comics for Damian to make sense.

So yeah you could do Damian, but not easily on every Batman adaptation.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-27-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Tim was in a panel in Robin #4 this week I believe.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tim was in a panel in Robin #4 this week I believe.
    Along with the rest of the Robins .

Incredible Member

A look at Tim in the next issue of Batman Urban Legends
    belen_ortega_20210730_224942_1.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    A handsome look.

A black costume with green highlights, red chest, yellow utility belt and yellow cape lining (i'm guessing).

I'm glad we're back to this costume.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So is his Green Knee Thing like Nightwing's Calf Stripe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Much better now! Art from Robin #5
    Better view of Tim's costume, maybe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It also confirmed his original origin was back in play.
    And that confirms he was still adopted too. For Tim, and I would assume the whole Bat family, pre-Flashpoint history is restored.
    That always confused me with Tim Wayne.

Isn’t his stepmother Dana still alive? How could Bruce legally adopt Tim if she’s still his legal guardian?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Isn’t his stepmother Dana still alive? How could Bruce legally adopt Tim if she’s still his legal guardian?
    Nicieza mentioned that he was operating on the idea that Dana was dead, but didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes if they wanted her back. She was last in Blüdhaven, and wasn’t shown to be evacuated when they dropped Chemo on the city.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Another look at Tim in the next issue of Batman Urban Legends
    belen_ortega_20210806_111443_1.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Nicieza mentioned that he was operating on the idea that Dana was dead, but didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes if they wanted her back. She was last in Blüdhaven, and wasn’t shown to be evacuated when they dropped Chemo on the city.
    They should definitely bring her back for Tim’s supporting cast.

It’s too late to bring back Jack now. But Tim having a living step mother sets him apart from other Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

She wasn't in pre-Flashpoint due to Bludhaven being destroyed - that's why Bruce could adopt Tim. But the Chemo nuking is one of the few things not restored to continuity (as it would've contradicted Nightwing Rebirth), so that means her demise has been undone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman