Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1540

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I agree that Bruce and Dick behaved oddly in this, but I actually quite like what Dick said to Tim because it's what I wanted to tell Tim ever since I started reading a few years ago.
    I always felt uncomfortable with the idea that Batman needs a child/teenager as an emotional crutch, Batman should help kids in need of guidance, not the other way around. So Dick telling Tim focus less on making Bruce happy and more on finding his own happiness is a step in the right direction.
    The way Tim always seemed to refuse to move on from the Robin identity always put me off the character.
    Damian has been the main Robin since 2009 and Tim should be almost an adult by now.
    Let Tim move on and become his own man instead of making him cling to a past status quo that won't come back.
    DC finally ditching that wretched fallacy that Robin keeps batman from going too far is the greatest change DC has made this year.

About time.

Bruces' kids/loved ones bring him happiness

Bruce can be happy and also be Batman [King]

Tim's little issue was very dry to me like I feel all these conversations with Dick & Bruce have been had before. Other than the identity thing & the little snippet about Bernard being from a family of supervillains (My theory to make him interesting) this was very boring I would have rather seen the date honestly. Also I' sick of Tim looking 15 & not the college age man he really is, his best look in media in years has to be the Arkham Series bald & all at least he looked like a man & not Peter Pan.
    Last edited by Journey; 12-14-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Mighty Member

According to Bleedingcool in Superman: Son Of Kal-El #6 Superman meets up Robin, Tim Drake.

http://https://bleedingcool.com/comics/three-bisexual-male-superheroes-in-one-dc-comic-welcome-to-2022/

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    DC finally ditching that wretched fallacy that Robin keeps batman from going too far is the greatest change DC has made this year.

About time.

Bruces' kids/loved ones bring him happiness

Bruce can be happy and also be Batman [King]
    Robin serves a lot of functions for Batman. It works both ways in terms of why Batman and Robin need each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    According to Bleedingcool in Superman: Son Of Kal-El #6 Superman meets up Robin, Tim Drake.

http://https://bleedingcool.com/comics/three-bisexual-male-superheroes-in-one-dc-comic-welcome-to-2022/
    Guess it makes sense since Taylor's using Tim in Nightwing too.

DC fails to understand that making Adult Jon Bi much like it does with Tim doesn't make him more compelling/interesting giving them both bland taste in men isn't helping that either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

3 Bi-Sexual male Superheroes and so it begins.

Is this going to be how he gets marketed now? The Bi-Sexual.

DC please focus on building the character back up, giving him a new name and writing good stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    DC fails to understand that making Adult Jon Bi much like it does with Tim doesn't make him more compelling/interesting giving them both bland taste in men isn't helping that either.
    But it will pump sales
    Robin Superman and aquaman are not obscure, nor are they anti heroes who sometimes do horrible things their all all mainstream big leage heroes, its gonna garner interest and sales even if its terrible. They dont have to do anything, once the cover is presented it gonna do gangbuster

the only issue I see is that Tim may be getting his actual New idenity in 2022

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    3 Bi-Sexual male Superheroes and so it begins.

Is this going to be how he gets marketed now? The Bi-Sexual.

DC please focus on building the character back up, giving him a new name and writing good stories.
    Would DC Marketing be responsible for a Bleedingcool headline ?

Also this is the first time that I am hearing that Jay identify as bisexual.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I agree that Bruce and Dick behaved oddly in this, but I actually quite like what Dick said to Tim because it's what I wanted to tell Tim ever since I started reading a few years ago.
    I always felt uncomfortable with the idea that Batman needs a child/teenager as an emotional crutch, Batman should help kids in need of guidance, not the other way around. So Dick telling Tim focus less on making Bruce happy and more on finding his own happiness is a step in the right direction.
    The way Tim always seemed to refuse to move on from the Robin identity always put me off the character.
    Damian has been the main Robin since 2009 and Tim should be almost an adult by now.
    Let Tim move on and become his own man instead of making him cling to a past status quo that won't come back.
    Something that people often forget about the whole Batman Need a Robin thing, because that's the one that's often repeated, was that it wasn't Tim's final argument, because Bruce said immediately after that, he's not gonna endanger a child just for that.

Tim's final say is to do it for the people. What would the criminals do if they find out they can just kill a legend like Batman and Robin. Showing that Robin is alive is showing that they're undefeatable. An eternal symbol of hope for the people and justice against the criminals.

Of course, that's too long to be repeated, and you have to explain the concept... and that concept itself would've worked better if Robin is there only as a symbol and not too much of an active participant... but he did got the most careful training and updated suit, and the rest is where the comic book part comes in
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-14-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Robins 3, made me wonder how Tim really feels

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Robins 3, made me wonder how Tim really feels
    Thankfully pretty clearly not the way that it seemed at first. Because let's be honest, that would have been utterly infuriating.

Glad this issue gave an indication Tim will finally move on from 'Robin'. Hopefully that includes 'Red Robin' as well, Robin needs to be stripped from his new identity altogether. That way there won't be any back and forth in the future. Hopefully Tim gets a clear direction/and clear mind soon because to be honest, he feels like a lost puppy on every front. He feels like the baby of the family, hell, even Damian and Duke feel like they far outrank him in experience with the way Tim has been walking around in self-doubt on every front.

This is far removed from the Tim we saw with Pre-52 Tim at the end of the Red Robin series. Now that was a young man who had command and knew exactly what he wanted to do. No one can convince me that Pre-52 Tim and the current are the same guy. Here's hoping this current Tim can get to that stage at some point. This is a good start.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Thankfully pretty clearly not the way that it seemed at first. Because let's be honest, that would have been utterly infuriating.
    yea that was way out of character

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But it will pump sales
    Not really, I mean the issue with coming out will have pretty high sales, but after that they will likely drop down to where they were before (or even lower).

And I don't think that Tim and Jackson are at the moment popular enough to really bring in a substantial amount of readers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really, I mean the issue with coming out will have pretty high sales, but after that they will likely drop down to where they were before (or even lower).

And I don't think that Tim and Jackson are at the moment popular enough to really bring in a substantial amount of readers.
    Jackson's Aquaman #1 issue debuted with 24k issues sold to stores, and was 124 in the bestsellers ranking.
    That's incredibly low for a first issue.

SSOK could maybe help elevate Jackson's status, but overall it's pretty clear there is no real interest in Jackson.
    Last edited by Lal; 12-15-2021 at 02:17 AM.