Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1540
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Jackson's Aquaman #1 issue debuted with 24k issues sold to stores, and was 124 in the bestsellers ranking.
    That's incredibly low for a first issue.
    Wow wasn't aware of that, that's really bad, even if it is just mini...

Jackson's Aquaman #1 issue debuted with 24k issues sold to stores, and was 124 in the bestsellers ranking.

SSOK could maybe help elevate Jackson's status, but overall it's pretty clear there is no real interest in Jackson.
    I hope Aquamen sells better, if only for the brand.

SSOK could maybe help elevate Jackson's status, but overall it's pretty clear there is no real interest in Jackson.
    Well, it's Aquaman, a much less visible line than Batman. Still, Tim has been pretty off the radar since Tynion's Detective run ended. He needs a good build up before a mini is to happen. So far, this has not been it.

I'm also confused as to why they keep saying he's "filling in for Damian." Damian has not been Bruce's since New 52 it seems like. I don't recall any Rebirth series with Batman and Robin as a team.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Well, it's Aquaman, a much less visible line than Batman. Still, Tim has been pretty off the radar since Tynion's Detective run ended. He needs a good build up before a mini is to happen. So far, this has not been it.

I'm also confused as to why they keep saying he's "filling in for Damian." Damian has not been Bruce's since New 52 it seems like. I don't recall any Rebirth series with Batman and Robin as a team.
    There were stray issues of Batman and Robin together, like in Deathstroke.

As Frontier already said, there were stray issues. Damian was working with Bruce in some issues of Superman by Tomasi, in several stories by Bendis suprisingly, Deathstroke, in a few issues of Tomasi's Tec run and that one guest issue by Tom Taylor.
    DC also now seems to try and make it look like Bruce and Damian's relationship only started breaking apart because Alfred died, they probably don't want to deal with Damian's terrible writing in Teen Titans and Bruce not being shown to do anything about it for ages. Blaming it all on Alfred's death is just easier.

It should also be noted that Bruce hasn't accepted Damian quitting as his Robin. In Tomasi's last arc on Tec he tries to give him back the R and kept referring to him as Robin. In Bruce's mind getting Damian to return as his Robin and getting his son back seem to be closely connected.

From an outside perspective it's simply making it clear that DC sees Tim back as Robin as a temporary thing. While Damian is on the outs with his father he's still pretty much the main Robin. He has the Robin solo, he's wearing the R on his chest again and we know that he will return to his family eventually and Tim will hopefully have a new identity at that point in time. That was my main takeaway from that Urban Legends story.

Extraordinary Member

The latest Urban Legends Bruce & Tim story was really good. Way to be a good dad, Bruce.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The latest Urban Legends Bruce & Tim story was really good. Way to be a good dad, Bruce.
    I agree. I really enjoyed it.

My one pet peeve is that they should have drawn Tim looking older, but I can get past that.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I agree. I really enjoyed it.

My one pet peeve is that they should have drawn Tim looking older, but I can get past that.
    I mean, if I did the math, right, he should be about 20, but whatever.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Random Idea: Watching Hawkeye on D+... is that the way to do Batman and Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Random Idea: Watching Hawkeye on D+... is that the way to do Batman and Robin?
    If you mean a hero and their partner fighting side-by-side...maybe?

Although we already had that with Arrow and Arsenal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you mean a hero and their partner fighting side-by-side...maybe?

Although we already had that with Arrow and Arsenal.
    Are that many people even aware of Arrow, though? I understand it gave birth to the whole Arrowverse on the CW, but at the same time...it was the CW. On the very unlikely chance that WB would ever greenlight a live action Batman & Robin show, to get the kind of production quality that it deserves, it needs to be on HBO Max.

Are that many people even aware of Arrow, though? I understand it gave birth to the whole Arrowverse on the CW, but at the same time...it was the CW. On the very unlikely chance that WB would ever greenlight a live action Batman & Robin show, to get the kind of production quality that it deserves, it needs to be on HBO Max.
    I think people have a general awareness of the Arrowverse (Flash is probably the most well-known).

I mean, if I did the math, right, he should be about 20, but whatever.
    He's at most 17, but probably still 16 due to Manhattan tampering. But yeah, he *should* be around 20.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

He's at most 17, but probably still 16 due to Manhattan tampering. But yeah, he *should* be around 20.
    I don't think we got a clear age for Tim, but being 16 would definitely place him as the least experienced Robin, with less experience than Damian (trained since birth, been Robin for 4 years).
    It could be his new status, but it's not a great one for him.

I still headcanon him as 18-19.