Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    From what I've seen, many times they don't really care about the character's heart or soul.

They can change too many aspects of the character's personality to suit what they need. At most keeping only the basic concepts (or not even that like Cassandra Cain in BoP movie).
    Well, Johns is involved with Titans so I'd like to think we won't get a completely off-base Tim (then again, Titans).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, Marvel has announced Young Squadron, involving a world where the Squadron Supreme are the main heroes and the Avengers don't exist, so the Champions also end up being DC ersatzes. Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) is Girl Power (Wonder Girl), Sam Alexander (Nova) - is Kid Spectrum (Teen Lantern) and Miles Morales (Spider-Man) is Falcon, sidekick of Nighthawk - in other words, he's based on Robin. Specifically Tim Drake, as he has wings like Tim did in New 52, and the previous Falcon is dead, like how Jason was a murdered Robin.
    Well, the wings could be a coincidente, since these aren't really so associated with Tim (and Falcon should have wings).

However, the previous sidekick being dead really hint on Tim.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-03-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    From what I've seen, many times they don't really care about the character's heart or soul.

They can change too many aspects of the character's personality to suit what they need. At most keeping only the basic concepts (or not even that like Cassandra Cain in BoP movie).
    Ya, Cass was pretty much an OCC character in BoP

Am I mis-remembering or didn't the Gotham Knights team cite the Red Robin solo as one of their influences for their take on Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Am I mis-remembering or didn't the Gotham Knights team cite the Red Robin solo as one of their influences for their take on Tim?
    Kinda:

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/st...13577901596673
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    (Insert Grinch Smile .gif)

I’ll be blunt - the Red Robin solo is the only good attempt to actually “graduate” the character, because it knows what to preserve from the character’s earliest versions, how to make him clever without being annoying, and play humor well (especially around female characters.)

And yes, I love Nicieza’s run better personally, but I would actually argue that Yost’s run is more “balanced” for fans of OG Tim.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Bat-Damian and Tim-Red Robin

6516a65edfd61a88514c1ed765606ac5.jpg

Astonishing Member

Well, Johns is involved with Titans so I'd like to think we won't get a completely off-base Tim (then again, Titans).
    Om one hand I was not a fan of Johns TT comic. On the other hand, it would be hard to make decisions worse than the people running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Bat-Damian and Tim-Red Robin

6516a65edfd61a88514c1ed765606ac5.jpg
    Now that would be a dynamic .

Man, I love Tim Drake. I'd love him even more if DC wouldn't name him after a burger restaurant this time. Boy, is Red Robin delicious.

Now that would be a dynamic .
    At least they get along a lot better now then they did Pre-52

I spent all of the time reading Robin Eternal #2 wanting for Tim to take a shower.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Robin eternal I felt, understood Tim’s voice. It was just that 2 issues don’t do much.

At least now we know where this story fits in FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Robin eternal I felt, understood Tim’s voice. It was just that 2 issues don’t do much.

At least now we know where this story fits in FS.
    I agree. Enjoyed it, was a nice ending.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

After reading yours opinions on FS Robin Eternal I decided to give it a chance.
    Although I don't care about hypothetical future stories, this is a good one.

You are right, they finally got Tim's voice! The underdog who cares abaout all his allies (Steph and Darcy), the relationship with Bruce and the other Robins.
    And most of all no sign of the "I know everything, i'm the most clever guy in the universe".
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 02-11-2021 at 04:11 AM.