Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not mask less. I found this quote from when he quits the first time and the answer to my question a while back:

"I can't squander the sacrifices of mom, dad, Stephanie, Darla Aquista, and the others, by turning my back on the struggle that claimed their lives. I'm never quitting again. They paid too high a price for me to simply dabble in super heroics. It's no longer just a kid's grand adventure"

He's staying. I want him to stay. As Red Robin or other names.
    He could still fight the good fight even without a mask. Having him be a straight detective at this point wouldn't be all that bad

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Not mask less. I found this quote from when he quits the first time and the answer to my question a while back:

"I can't squander the sacrifices of mom, dad, Stephanie, Darla Aquista, and the others, by turning my back on the struggle that claimed their lives. I'm never quitting again. They paid too high a price for me to simply dabble in super heroics. It's no longer just a kid's grand adventure"

He's staying. I want him to stay. As Red Robin or other names.
    He could also be a mixture, detective in the day and Red Robin in the night or when it's needed.
    Tim having a double life, and dealing with that, has always worked on the old Dixon days. And what Tim is terribly missing in the post N52 is a civilian life.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    He could also be a mixture, detective in the day and Red Robin in the night or when it's needed.
    Tim having a double life, and dealing with that, has always worked on the old Dixon days. And what Tim is terribly missing in the post N52 is a civilian life.
    I could get behind that

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

It's a direction I would like too. Maybe without totally give up the vigilante mode.
    Tim needs a new direction, a street level scenario, private detective, FBI, Checkmate or something like that.
    Sadly I don't believe DC would be smart enough to do it.
    Bendis just announced a Checkmate title which has Robin as part of the Universe's Detective club. Seeing as it's bendis it could be Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Bendis just announced a Checkmate title which has Robin as part of the Universe's Detective club. Seeing as it's bendis it could be Tim.
    It could be Tim as it could be Damian since Talia is there. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    While I'd be glad for Tim in a monthly, it's Bendis, so it'll take about 12 issues for anything to get done. He had his chance with Tim already.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Finally something I'm interested in.
    Is this book featuring present stories or they are untold past ones?
    Present day stories. Judging from urban legends #1, these stories are either 3-6 chapters long or just an 8 page preview for an upcoming book. Since the outsider story ends at #3 and Tim’s start at 4, I wonder if it’s just a 3 chapter/24 pg story.

I mean I don't want to give people too much hope but remember there is a Robin and Batman title DC announced we know nothing about, this could be set up for a Tim mini (I say mini because I doubt two robin ongoings, and dc has been doing a lot more minis right now).

Also looked up the artist for this upcoming Urban Legends story, this should be good.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I don't want to give people too much hope but remember there is a Robin and Batman title DC announced we know nothing about, this could be set up for a Tim mini (I say mini because I doubt two robin ongoings, and dc has been doing a lot more minis right now).

Also looked up the artist for this upcoming Urban Legends story, this should be good.
    I'm not sure if that book will even be in continuity.
    Tynion was asked about it in an interview and he said he knows nothing about the project.
    As the main Batman writer and huge Tim fan I would expect him to know about an in-continuity book involving Bruce and Tim.

Out of continuity book with various Robins going on adventures with Batman sounds more likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I'd be happy for a mini at this point.
    Tim's former minis are still among my favorite comics ever. I don't believe it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm not sure if that book will even be in continuity.
    Tynion was asked about it in an interview and he said he knows nothing about the project.
    As the main Batman writer and huge Tim fan I would expect him to know about an in-continuity book involving Bruce and Tim.

Out of continuity book with various Robins going on adventures with Batman sounds more likely to me.
    Yeah that is a strong possibility, I guess its a wait and see at this point.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The one that will launch the new Tim story is Urban Legends since it's about him figuring stuffs out.
    So if Tynion doesn't know anything about Checkmate then it will just continue where Bendis left out, with Robin being Damian, set during Year of The Villain or the Bendis Branch of Hypertime

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The one that will launch the new Tim story is Urban Legends since it's about him figuring stuffs out.
    So if Tynion doesn't know anything about Checkmate then it will just continue where Bendis left out, with Robin being Damian, set during Year of The Villain or the Bendis Branch of Hypertime
    Hope not.

Robin Eternal Writer talks Comics and Tim

https://thegeekiary.com/robin-eterna...im-drake/92000

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

the more I was getting into Tim even for [Robin Eternal], the more I was like, “This poor child.”

Hah. Same.

Tim looks better in a costume.

Not the Drake costume, mind you, or the New 52 costume...but a costume .