Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Someone designed... no, not someone, the actual designer of the Drake costume, one of the costumes is mostly black with red symbol. I like that one. He still has open hair, so it's not too Batman Beyondy

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This woman really understands Tim Drake. Not a word about how intelligent he is, thanks God!

Meghan Fitzmartin: One hundred percent. I love Tim Drake. I love Tim Drake so much. As a good kid growing up, there’s so much that I deeply understand about Tim.

[When] you have to be the good kid, you have to be the one that is not a problem, [the one] that no one worries about. I’ve always sort of resonated with that aspect of Tim because Tim tries so hard to take care of everybody and be the one that’s got it all under control. He’s like the adult in the room when everyone [else] is very clearly not an adult.

And he’s so young, that’s the thing too. I mean, he’s no longer the youngest, obviously, because of Damian. But he was so young, and everybody would have this like family feeling toward him, especially Nightwing.

Nightwing is another one those characters that I love. I got into Nightwing first, because I’m an oldest child and I understand [him]. I was introduced to Tim more through Dick [Grayson]. That was another sort of really interesting way of getting into the Batfamily. To see it through not just the eyes of Bruce, but through the eyes of these kids as they’re sort of trying to learn from each other.

I’ve [also] always really liked Tim, I think in part because he was in Batman: The Animated Series. But the more I was getting into Tim even for [Robin Eternal], the more I was like, “This poor child.” I recognized this desire to do good, especially with his relationship with Stephanie. Tim and Stephanie are so interesting to me as a dynamic. Stephanie is so unapologetically herself, and a mess, and living her best life, which is also a mess.

Tim is, I think, drawn to that aspect of her and it’s so cool. Even growing up, I was like, this is so cool to see the struggle of these two characters. I think Stephanie was who I wanted to be, and Tim was sort of who I felt that I was.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 03-12-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Bendis just announced a Checkmate title which has Robin as part of the Universe's Detective club. Seeing as it's bendis it could be Tim.
    I don't know why people will assume Bendis will have preference for Tim.

I mean, he brings back YJ4, but I suspect this was more an opportunity for his Young line.

He said that Tim is the best Robin when he was planning to change Tim's identity.

Not to mention that Checkmate is a continuation of his Event Leviathan, where Damian as Robin has certain role.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The one that will launch the new Tim story is Urban Legends since it's about him figuring stuffs out.
    So if Tynion doesn't know anything about Checkmate then it will just continue where Bendis left out, with Robin being Damian, set during Year of The Villain or the Bendis Branch of Hypertime
    I don't know whether Tynion knows anything about Checkmate or not, he was only asked about that Robin and Batman title.

But I assume the Robin in Checkmate is Damian because he was in the Even Leviathan, that prelude comic to Checkmate that came out before DC decided to delay Checkmate and Talia will be in this, even if it's just as a guest star.

I would prefer it if Bendis never wrote Damian again though.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know why people will assume Bendis will have preference for Tim.

I mean, he brings back YJ4, but I suspect this was more an opportunity for his Young line.

He said that Tim is the best Robin when he was planning to change Tim's identity.

Not to mention that Checkmate is a continuation of his Event Leviathan, where Damian as Robin has certain role.
    Wishful thinking. I don't want Bendis near Damian whereas his Tim is manageable

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Wishful thinking. I don't want Bendis near Damian whereas his Tim is manageable
    Yep, Bendis's Damian leaves a lot to desire, lol. You never know, maybe he nails it this time around

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Someone designed... no, not someone, the actual designer of the Drake costume, one of the costumes is mostly black with red symbol. I like that one. He still has open hair, so it's not too Batman Beyondy
    Yeah, the sketches for the Drake suit had some better designs than what we ended up with.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the sketches for the Drake suit had some better designs than what we ended up with.
    Anyone have scans of these? I know I've seen them but can't remember them at all.

Here they are;

3n1yerxdylj51.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Here they are;

3n1yerxdylj51.jpg
    As much as I do like the look of these... they still feel to me like they’re effectively all inadequate for being a change in ID, because they’re all either just a Robin suit or a Nightwing suit.

Seriously, the Ross-derived cowl does a lot more for making Tim look like he’s tried graduating.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    As much as I do like the look of these... they still feel to me like they’re effectively all inadequate for being a change in ID, because they’re all either just a Robin suit or a Nightwing suit.

Seriously, the Ross-derived cowl does a lot more for making Tim look like he’s tried graduating.
    Hit it right on the nail, I agree with you completely

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Give a different cowl then, but keep the black and red design

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Someone in-universe mistook him for Doctor Mid-Nite when he was wearing the original Red Robin costume - and I can understand why. If they were to give him a cowl again, it needs to be redesigned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

or they could make Tim the next Dr. Mid-Nite
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Considering their last bright idea was 'Drake', I am reluctant to see their next plans for Tim.