Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    All this make me believe that Tim is going to end up being reveal as Red X.

It would not make sense and I don't think it suits his personality but I can see that being his secret identity (even from the other Batfamily members) when he is not filling in as Robin.

That is the only direction I can see them going that has Tynion excited.
    Tim is not Red X. There is 99.9% chance that is not him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

For all of the problems you cite, I haven't seen Tim be, well, Tim, in a long time. The first twelve issues of Red Robin were about as close as I remember him getting; before that, the only times they got Tim right were when either Dixon or Lewis was writing him (Lewis's fascination with weirdness notwithstanding) — Dixon for the obvious reason. Tynion's take on Tim was close; but even his Tim was more of a schemer than a detective. So far, Fitzmartin has been getting his voice right.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, Bruce offered the adoption to Tim in Batman #654. This was part of One Year Later.

However, the topic doesn't to be really developed until Red Robin
    The topic wasn't even developed in RR. He started going by Tim Wayne after Damian sassed him about being a Drake..
    Then later there was that convoluted he had to be Tim Wayne so that the Board would listen to him or something . Which was garbage since Damian is even less known by the board and he was the one who stopped in to take over and save WE.

They are all adopted doesn't mean that you abandon your family name because you were adopted.

Jason I can understand deciding to take up the Wayne name because of his awful background.

Adopted kids still care for their folks you know. Especially when those folks were snatched away as was the case with The Drakes and the Graysons.

Tim Wayne just feels in poor taste when you've got Jason Todd and Dick Grayson. 2 sons who have known Bruce longer and have a deeper connection to Bruce. Tim has known the man what 3 years!

Dick Grayson has been with Bruce decades and he hasn't ditched John's name.

I think it's most symptomatic of Tim's lack of identity. In GK he's rocking what looks like a Damian skin, in Titans he's rocking Duke, in the BTaS he's rocking Jason Todd, In RR he rocked Bruce Wayne.

They need to remember what fans liked or what they like about him today.

Have him be an everyman with a family and university life or make him an undersized LGBTQ in a relationship with Kon.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-08-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Big status update for Tim today

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The topic wasn't even developed in RR. He started going by Tim Wayne after Damian sassed him about being a Drake..
    Then later there was that convoluted he had to be Tim Wayne so that the Board would listen to him or something . Which was garbage since Damian is even less known by the board and he was the one who stopped in to take over and save WE.

They are all adopted doesn't mean that you abandon your family name because you were adopted.

Jason I can understand deciding to take up the Wayne name because of his awful background.

Adopted kids still care for their folks you know. Especially when those folks were snatched away as was the case with The Drakes and the Graysons.

Tim Wayne just feels in poor taste when you've got Jason Todd and Dick Grayson. 2 sons who have known Bruce longer and have a deeper connection to Bruce. Tim has known the man what 3 years!

I think it's most symptomatic of Tim's lack of identity. In GK he's rocking what looks like a Damian skin, in Titans he's rocking Duke, in the BTaS he's rocking Jason Todd, In RR he rocked Bruce Wayne.

Have him be an everyman with a family and university life or make him an undersized LGBTQ in a relationship with Kon.
    Tim Drake isn't exactly Dick Grayson, Jason Todd or Damian Wayne. Majority of people out there know Dick Grayson. He is a part of pop culture. Folks know that Jason Todd is Red Hood or was killed by Joker.

DC can't change Dick Grayson to Dick Wayne or Jason Todd to Jason Wayne because there's value in those name [to varying degrees]

Tim Drake isn't a part of pop culture, DC loses nothing by changing Tim's name [but they gain a lot by attaching Wayne to him]

DC is trying everything to make Tim competitive which is understandable but the more they try to use nostalgia, bad takes and parts from other Robins. the more it makes it clear that even they don't have confidence in the character
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-08-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Tim Drake isn't exactly Dick Grayson, Jason Todd or Damian Wayne. Majority of people out there know Dick Grayson. He is a part of pop culture. Folks know that Jason Todd is Red Hood or was killed by Joker.

DC can't change Dick Grayson to Dick Wayne or Jason Todd to Jason Wayne because there's value in those name [to varying degrees]

Tim Drake isn't a part of pop culture, DC loses nothing by changing Tim's name [but they gain a lot by attaching Wayne to him]

DC is trying everything to make Tim competitive which is understandable but the more they try to use nostalgia, bad takes and parts from other Robins. the more it makes it clear that even they don't have confidence in the character
    He’s going to have to interact with Damian more now…..

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t his step mother Dana still alive? It was retcon that Bludhaven was never nuked, but I don’t think Dana was there at the time anyway.

When’s the last time Tim acknowledged his step-mom?

Tim was in a panel of Justice League Last Ride #2 that is out this week for those that collect issues he's in.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Tim Drake isn't a part of pop culture, DC loses nothing by changing Tim's name [but they gain a lot by attaching Wayne to him

I don't feel that's the case. The solicitations still refer to him as Tim 'Drake', not Wayne. Same thing pre-52 even with the whole Tim Wayne thing. Pre-52 it was more of a story-plot deal, now... I find it unnecessary, as I don't think it will add anything to Tim's story. I could be wrong, but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t his step mother Dana still alive? It was retcon that Bludhaven was never nuked, but I don’t think Dana was there at the time anyway.

She has not been mentioned at all, one has to question if she even exists(or ever existed) in this timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Fabien Nicieza said she was not in Bludhaven at the time and is still alive. Hope they bring her back - it would be nice to get back some of Tim's civilian cast and restore the Spider-Man double life drama that set his book apart.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

You're wrong on that front. The Tim 'Wayne' thing was more of a business thing for Tim. He was always still a 'Drake' at heart.

RCO009.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    She has not been mentioned at all, one has to question if she even exists(or ever existed) in this timeline.
    In this timeline, It All Happened. That includes Tim's stepmom; that includes Blüdhaven getting nuked; paradoxically, that includes Blüdhaven not getting nuked.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    In this timeline, It All Happened. That includes Tim's stepmom; that includes Blüdhaven getting nuked; paradoxically, that includes Blüdhaven not getting nuked.
    True that, lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    You're wrong on that front. The Tim 'Wayne' thing was more of a business thing for Tim. He was always still a 'Drake' at heart.

RCO009.jpg
    And that's in keeping with the new story: in it, the only reference to him as Tim Wayne has to do with his access to the Wayne fortune.
    Rogue wears rouge.