Page 28 of 103 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So some developments yet not really developments from Urban Legends #4

spoilers:
    His code name is Robin when Damian’s out of town. His legal name is Tim Wayne to the public. Him and Steph broke up
    end of spoilers
    How many times are we going to get this song and dance with Tim and Steph? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many times are we going to get this song and dance with Tim and Steph? Come on.
    Yeeeeeeah this is....just ugh. Haven't been a huge fan of Tim in recent years and this just brings him even further down on my list.

Why? Are you assuming he was at fault for the breakup?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

No. It's just something I really liked about him that's now gone, in a period where I've already been losing more and more interest in him.

Extraordinary Member

So are his parents retconned to be dead again?

Really why have the writers have to bring back the bad decisions from pre flashpoint?

Astonishing Member

This is confirming my theory that Jason should Not have died.

If Jason lived, then No Tim Drake.

If No Tim Drake, then No surplus Robin.

Everything DC does seems to say that Tim is superfluous.

DC might as well make Redundant Tim's new codename.

This is a very sad way to treat a character that was popular for over a decade.

Fantastic Member

Tim Drake isn't the issue.

The issue is DC's refusal to move away from the status quo.

Tim was developing and growing as a character pre-n52. A foil to Bruce. His own character beyond Robin.

Then N52 destroyed all that growth. Same for everyone in his generation. The only way these characters will ever be allowed to grow is when Bruce/Diana/Clark are allowed to grow older and retire.

Until then, all of this is just a soap opera with no actual meaning. This isn't good storytelling, it's a petri dish where DC experiments with ideas to bring into larger media.

Honestly, I was okay with Tim in the New 52 era. He was actually the only character in his generation that I was okay with. It's Rebirth where I feel like they started to fuck him over in terms of growth and relevance. And I say that as someone who pretty much loved the Rebirth era as a whole. It was awful for Tim and he's yet to recover. They started him off in the right direction with the Knights. But that got cut short with his unnecessary "death" and his return was when he just started spinning his wheels and not really doing anything of value anymore.

Him and Steph going to college together actually would have been a pretty good idea and a nice way for him to strike out on his own, outside of Gotham. Instead he wasted time in the meandering snore-fest that was Bendis' Young Justice run, and now he's just a seat warmer for Damian.

Extraordinary Member

What do you all feel should be Tim’s name: Red Robin, Drake, Robin.

I like Redwing, but it’s too close to Nightwing and Batwing.

I like Redbird too. But it’s to close to Bluebird and the name of his car

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    So are his parents retconned to be dead again?

Really why have the writers have to bring back the bad decisions from pre flashpoint?
    It's not like they have any presence since the new 52. They were in witness protection but It's like they were dead all along anyways.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's not like they have any presence since the new 52. They were in witness protection but It's like they were dead all along anyways.
    Pretty much. As far as I can remember, the last relevant thing either of Tim's parents did was take a boomerang to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What do you all feel should be Tim’s name: Red Robin, Drake, Robin.

I like Redwing, but it’s too close to Nightwing and Batwing.

I like Redbird too. But it’s to close to Bluebird and the name of his car
    Redwing I hate the most aside from being derivative of his older bros mantles, it drags Nightwing and Red Hood together and still feels like Tim attempting to piggy back off the popularity of Red Hood and Nightwing.

Redbird is also another good one. I used to be against Tim taking on a mantle previously used by Damian but if he can take up Robin after Damian, Duke and Jarro then RedBird is fine.

However Red Robin is a name that Tim has had success with so it's my fav

Yeah at this point I'd rather they just stick with Red Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    This is confirming my theory that Jason should Not have died.

If Jason lived, then No Tim Drake.

If No Tim Drake, then No surplus Robin.

Everything DC does seems to say that Tim is superfluous.

DC might as well make Redundant Tim's new codename.

This is a very sad way to treat a character that was popular for over a decade.
    Tim is only redundant because of fans reluctance to have him move on from Robin [How can he be anything but redundant when his successor has a successor?] Tynion an uber stan is the reason why Tim went back to Robin colours in Rebirth. Bendis a fan is the one who had him become a space filler for Damian. Tim could have been graduated and moved on.

To be fair, N52's stance that he was never Robin in the first place and of deaging him back down to 16ish was where the downward spiral began.

With the new “It All Happened” status of the DCU, I'm waiting for Tim to decide to go back to the costume and codename from just before Flashpoint; everything else about him in Urban Legends is consistent with how he had been back then. And while I've never been a fan of that Kingdom Come costume, I have to admit he was far better off in it than in anything that's come his way since.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.