Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's not like a lot of the Batfamily are really scrimping for cash unless the plot absolutely needs them to, and that really only happens to Babs from what I've seen.
    It not so much the money but Tim still having a family who wants him at the start of his Robin career

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It not so much the money but Tim still having a family who wants him at the start of his Robin career
    I think that was a good initial contrast with the other Robins. And in true Gotham fashion it ends horribly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about.
    The other history of the DCU lists the Drakes as one of Gotham's oldest and richest families. It makes not mention of the Thomas'.

That isn't an opinion that's open to debate or an assumption. That is simply canon.
    I'm talking about the actual main continuity comics, and "The other history of the DCU" is not canon.

And according to the these comics the 5 founding families were Wayne, Kane, Crown, Elliot and Cobblepot. The Drakes were not among them. And Tim#s family was never shown to be even remotely as rich as the Waynes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm talking about the actual main continuity comics, and "The other history of the DCU" is not canon.

And according to the these comics the 5 founding families were Wayne, Kane, Crown, Elliot and Cobblepot. The Drakes were not among them. And Tim#s family was never shown to be even remotely as rich as the Waynes.
    Where exactly did fergus state that the Drakes were founders or were anywhere as rich as the Wayne's?

the drakes being one of the oldest and richest in Gotham doesn't mean that they HAVE to be founders or even amongst the 10 richest families.

There are lots of families that are amongst the richest in America and majority of them aren't remotely as rich as Bezos, Musk, Gates or Buffet.

Astonishing Member

Which apparently he has plenty of
    No wonder he is known as the privileged Robin. It also must be hard to justify him being apart of the vigilante life then the other teen heroes.
    In fact, I've read his family lost most of his money at some point of the story (in Robin?). After that, his family becomes middle class.

So, when Tim becomes an orphan, he wasn't a rich kid anymore.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-09-2021 at 02:30 AM.

Looking forward to seeing Jay in the show. I've enjoyed the few things I've seen him in.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-09-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, I've read his family lost most of his money at some point of the story (in Robin?). After that, his family becomes middle class.

So, when Tim becomes an orphan, he wasn't a rich kid anymore.
    Correct, Jack lost his fortune, forcing him to sell Tim's car (which a disguised Alfred bought, because the Redbird was basically a Batmobile) and downsize their home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    the drakes being one of the oldest and richest in Gotham doesn't mean that they HAVE to be founders or even amongst the 10 richest families.
    The Other History of the DCU #5" names the Drakes as one of the big Families in Gotham along with the Waynes, the Kanes, the Elliots, and the St. Clouds.

And there is simply nothing in the main continuity comics that indicates something like this. Tim's Family was rich, but there is really no indication that they are one of the "old families".

A side question do this, do we know what is currently Tim's parents story? Are they dead (pre-Flashpoint) or alive and in hiding (New 52)?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    A side question do this, do we know what is currently Tim's parents story? Are they dead (pre-Flashpoint) or alive and in hiding (New 52)?
    No one in their right mind will use the Scott Lobdell origin, especially now that they can have the old one back.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The Other History of the DCU #5" names the Drakes as one of the big Families in Gotham along with the Waynes, the Kanes, the Elliots, and the St. Clouds.

And there is simply nothing in the main continuity comics that indicates something like this. Tim's Family was rich, but there is really no indication that they are one of the "old families".
    I think that's the first time I've seen the St. Clouds brought up as a big family.
    Dead. I think Tynion's 'Tec confirmed Bruce was his legal guardian and they haven't been brough up at all otherwise.

I believe they are dead since Tim in Urban Legends is going by Tim Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No one in their right mind will use the Scott Lobdell origin, especially now that they can have the old one back.
    I agree, but I could not remember if it had been stated they were dead again. Looks like they are. With "everything happened" continuity, it's a bit fuzzy sometimes.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I agree, but I could not remember if it had been stated they were dead again. Looks like they are. With "everything happened" continuity, it's a bit fuzzy sometimes.
    That's why everything happened drives me nuts. Everything can't happen since there are many stories that are contradicted. Tim's parents can't be both dead and alive.

Which apparently he has plenty of
    No wonder he is known as the privileged Robin. It also must be hard to justify him being apart of the vigilante life then the other teen heroes.
    Damian is far more of a privileged Robin than Tim is.