Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Damian is far more of a privileged Robin than Tim is.
    Yes being raised into a futures conqueror an abused the first 10 years of his life is such a privilege

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yes being raised into a futures conqueror an abused the first 10 years of his life is such a privilege
    IRL you are correct

In comic book logic, this is privilege. Being a normal person with a family is a detriment to your abilities as a hero.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A privileged childhood and an abusive one are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    The question that's been plaguing Tim for years...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The question that's been plaguing Tim for years...
    Pretty much

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A privileged childhood and an abusive one are not mutually exclusive.
    ???? He’s not one to whine about it but it was not really a childhood.
    61441188-6D56-4724-B999-5F18679DA889.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Maybe because of lighting, but as someone who lived in Southeast Asia he didn't look full-black like Duke for me. He will look white in my country. I can see him as Tim Drake
    He is Biracial.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dead. I think Tynion's 'Tec confirmed Bruce was his legal guardian and they haven't been brough up at all otherwise.
    It also confirmed his original origin was back in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I believe they are dead since Tim in Urban Legends is going by Tim Wayne
    And that confirms he was still adopted too. For Tim, and I would assume the whole Bat family, pre-Flashpoint history is restored.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It also confirmed his original origin was back in play.
    And that confirms he was still adopted too. For Tim, and I would assume the whole Bat family, pre-Flashpoint history is restored.
    You assume incorrectly since Bludhaven was never blown up and tim is still a teenager while damian has aged 4 years

I'm in a rural area with no comic shops anywhere around so I wait for the trades, so I am behind.
    I have seen some brief scans that suggests that Tim is on a date with another guy in Batman Urban Legends.
    Thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm in a rural area with no comic shops anywhere around so I wait for the trades, so I am behind.
    I have seen some brief scans that suggests that Tim is on a date with another guy in Batman Urban Legends.
    Thoughts on this?
    Not to side topic, but why don't you use something like Discount Comic Book Service to get your books?

I don't really care if they make Tim bi. Though I dislike them changing an established character like that to something they have never even hinted at in 30 years. Same with The Ray, Alan Scott, Wally West, etc.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Not to side topic, but why don't you use something like Discount Comic Book Service to get your books?

I don't really care if they make Tim bi. Though I dislike them changing an established character like that to something they have never even hinted at in 30 years. Same with The Ray, Alan Scott, Wally West, etc.
    It’s not unusual for someone Tim’s age to just now be coming out. As for hints, his bond with Kon has had a lot of fans think there was more than friendship there.
    I see it as course correcting as writers weren’t able to write major characters as LGBT thirty years ago.
    There’s lots of gay and bi women in Gotham but until recently with Ghost Maker we haven’t had any important gay or bisexual men in the Bat books at all.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Thoughts on this?
    I think in context he was just meeting an old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

Wally West? What? That never happened.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.