Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She wasn't in pre-Flashpoint due to Bludhaven being destroyed - that's why Bruce could adopt Tim. But the Chemo nuking is one of the few things not restored to continuity (as it would've contradicted Nightwing Rebirth), so that means her demise has been undone.
    Did she die? We never saw Tim grieve on panel.
    Or even try to bring it up to Deathstroke, who dropped Chemo on the city.

The reason we never saw Tim grieve is because there was a one year timeskip immediately afterwards.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I don’t think Tim acknowledged it One Year Later either.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don’t think Tim acknowledged it One Year Later either.
    The reason it's called One Year Later is because it takes place one year after the timeskip.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The reason it's called One Year Later is because it takes place one year after the timeskip.
    But during One Year Later, Tim specifically went to the ruins of Bludhaven with the Teen Titans. And never mention Dana at all.

That sounds like a continuity error. Weren't Batman, Nightwing and Robin in solitude somewhere during that year? Tim wasn't with the Titans, who went through dozens of members in a short amount of time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That sounds like a continuity error. Weren't Batman, Nightwing and Robin in solitude somewhere during that year? Tim wasn't with the Titans, who went through dozens of members in a short amount of time.
    Yes, they were. But that happened in the weekly book "52". "One Year Later" is after "52", literally one year later in continuity.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yo they actually did it....... I'm shook.....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yo they actually did it....... I'm shook.....
    Bye bye Stephanie
    Tim Drake has saved himself in the bat mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bye bye Stephanie
    Tim Drake has saved himself in the bat mythos.
    Definitely the best thing they could have done for his character, hell probably the only worthwhile thing they've done with him in YEARS!

Felt obvious they were going that way given the set up. As I said before I am always against such drastic changes to a long established character like this in the main canon. Be it this or changing a character's race like we had with the Wally West situation in the New 52, but I guess the change at least makes it more difficult for DC to erase him? I dunno. I'm pretty indifferent to Tim these days after he fell off so much. I wasn't following his stories anyway, so it will be interesting to see how long standing Tim fans react to it. This probably hurts Stephanie's character in the long run some as it will be more valuable to WB/DC to promote him in gay relationships going forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Felt obvious they were going that way given the set up.
    Otherwise it would have been the less subtle queerbaiting of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This probably hurts Stephanie's character in the long run some as it will be more valuable to WB/DC to promote him in gay relationships going forward.
    It hurts imo both, since Tim and Steph together is usually way more fun than having them solo.

No surprise, I think we all knew where this story was heading. Honestly would have been better had this happened with Tim in some kind of solo, that way he'd have had a proper story leading up to this point, and development following the reveal. Given that he doesn't, it kind of comes off as just a gimmick to add representation, especially since Tim only really shows up in guest appearances or over crowded team books.

As for the overall story, I actually enjoyed it. Was a big fan of Tim X Steph, so it burns a little, lol, but I'll manage. Robin x Spoiler isn't completely erased; perhaps if things don't work out with Flatline, maybe we can get that Damian x Steph once he gets older, hahaha

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wow, for once, there's actually no heterosexual explanation for it
    (this is a call back to my reaction when this whole thing started)

My sleep schedule is whack and this is not helping. My feet are shaking. The art makes them look so cute, I feel like I'm blushing with them. I thought no one would ever compete with Marcus To for Best Tim Drake but Belen Ortega is wow. Please stick around for a long time.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    No surprise, I think we all knew where this story was heading. Honestly would have been better had this happened with Tim in some kind of solo, that way he'd have had a proper story leading up to this point, and development following the reveal. Given that he doesn't, it kind of comes off as just a gimmick to add representation, especially since Tim only really shows up in guest appearances or over crowded team books.

As for the overall story, I actually enjoyed it. Was a big fan of Tim X Steph, so it burns a little, lol, but I'll manage. Robin x Spoiler isn't completely erased; perhaps if things don't work out with Flatline, maybe we can get that Damian x Steph once he gets older, hahaha
    On Bleeding Cool leak they said that there will be Tim Drake mini-series about Tim embraced his new sexuality, but since Tynion left Batman after #117, it gets put on hold in case the new captain has different idea.

1628565311611.jpg