Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    On Bleeding Cool leak they said that there will be Tim Drake mini-series about Tim embraced his new sexuality, but since Tynion left Batman after #117, it gets put on hold in case the new captain has different idea.

Attachment 112378
    Ouch. That really would have helped to further develop the new status quo for him. Guess we'll see how things play out.

I am....so incredibly torn on this. Mostly because this feels like less a genuine progression for Tim's character and more like a super gimmicky attempt at making people care again, during a time where he doesn't really have anything going for him aside from backtracking into his old Robin persona.

Like DC just threw their hands up and went "We want people to care about Tim again. How do we do that without putting in any effort to actually improve his character? Hmmm....Folks today love LGBT stuff. Let's do that!"

I dunno. It just feels kinda hollow. Cuz then it's just like....okay. He's dating a guy now....what else is he doing? Is that it? Is that all it takes to make him interesting again? I really hope there's more coming for him. Because the representation may be nice but that still doesn't really change the fact that (at least to me) Tim's just kinda coasting along right now as the least interesting member of the immediate Batfamily. And man it hurts thinking that when he used to be my #1.

EDIT: Just found out about the mini...I...guess that's something. But if it's just about his sexuality then that's not really fixing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    No surprise, I think we all knew where this story was heading. Honestly would have been better had this happened with Tim in some kind of solo, that way he'd have had a proper story leading up to this point, and development following the reveal. Given that he doesn't, it kind of comes off as just a gimmick to add representation, especially since Tim only really shows up in guest appearances or over crowded team books.

As for the overall story, I actually enjoyed it. Was a big fan of Tim X Steph, so it burns a little, lol, but I'll manage. Robin x Spoiler isn't completely erased; perhaps if things don't work out with Flatline, maybe we can get that Damian x Steph once he gets older, hahaha
    Okay. Everyone in the world seems to be rejoicing over this, I thought maybe there was something wrong with me for not immediately going into celebration mode. Glad to see we're on the same page....except for Damian and Steph That's just a big no XD
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-10-2021 at 01:05 AM.

This is the most interesting thing that happened to this character. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I am....so incredibly torn on this. Mostly because this feels like less a genuine progression for Tim's character and more like a super gimmicky attempt at making people care again, during a time where he doesn't really have anything going for him aside from backtracking into his old Robin persona.

Like DC just threw their hands up and went "We want people to care about Tim again. How do we do that without putting in any effort to actually improve his character? Hmmm....Folks today love LGBT stuff. Let's do that!"

I dunno. It just feels kinda hollow. Cuz then it's just like....okay. He's dating a guy now....what else is he doing? Is that it? Is that all it takes to make him interesting again? I really hope there's more coming for him. Because the representation may be nice but that still doesn't really change the fact that (at least to me) Tim's just kinda coasting along right now as the least interesting member of the immediate Batfamily. And man it hurts thinking that when he used to be my #1.

EDIT: Just found out about the mini...I...guess that's something. But if it's just about his sexuality then that's not really fixing the problem.

Okay. Everyone in the world seems to be rejoicing over this, I thought maybe there was something wrong with me for not immediately going into celebration mode. Glad to see we're on the same page....except for Damian and Steph That's just a big no XD
    That's how it feels unfortunately. There was never any hint of it in the past. If they were planning on going this direction it would have been better had there been an actual arc or two that lead to this point. Given things didn't play out that way and Tim has no solo to really build on-top of the new status.. yea, it comes off as very gimmicky.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. is the Tim on the Titans TV show also am LGBT character?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    This is the most interesting thing that happened to this character. Good for him.
    Is that good though? He's gone from not really having a thing, to his only thing being that he's queer. Is that the kind of representation people really want? I don't really have a leg in this race since I'm not LGBT, but there's just something about the idea of making a character come out of the closet as a means to make people care about them that just feels so....disingenuous.

That's like how people latch onto Wallace because he's the black Flash. Like..okay, it's cool that I got a Flash that looks like me but could you give me a reason to care about him, other than that he's black? Because that just makes me not care about him. He's not a particularly fun character. In fact, he's kind of a wet blanket in just about every group setting that he gets put in. He hasn't really done a lot that makes him stand out from the other Flashes in a positive way. He's just....there. Except he's black. That's pretty much how I feel about Tim right now. He's just there. Except now he's bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    At this point it's anyone's guess. No mention of it.

Is that good though? He's gone from not really having a thing, to his only thing being that he's queer. Is that the kind of representation people really want? I don't really have a leg in this race since I'm not LGBT, but there's just something about the idea of making a character come out of the closet as a means to make people care about them that just feels so....disingenuous.

That's like how people latch onto Wallace because he's the black Flash. Like..okay, it's cool that I got a Flash that looks like me but could you give me a reason to care about him, other than that he's black? Because that just makes me not care about him. He's not a particularly fun character. In fact, he's kind of a wet blanket in just about every group setting that he gets put in. He hasn't really done a lot that makes him stand out from the other Flashes in a positive way. He's just....there. Except he's black. That's pretty much how I feel about Tim right now. He's just there. Except now he's bi.
    Nor am I. Straight as a steel ruler. But even if I don't identify in that category, I feel a direction like this could be interesting for Tim in more ways than one if done right. As noted before, with a drastic move like this I feel a character would need a solo or at the very least a mini to really shape it all out. Without that, as you said it really comes off as this move being made to strictly add representation. I certainly hope there is more to it than just that. Not only Tim figuring out what's going on with his sexuality, but more importantly in the moment of it all figuring out who he truly is altogether.. a move that would hopefully press him to evolving past; 'I need to be there for Batman', and discovering his own path as a hero, one past Robin. I felt we got that with the solo Red Robin series... then the New-52 showed up at the front door.

Astonishing Member

I don't know, for me it's just a cheap move with Tim's sexuality. They didn't know what to do with him, for some reason they are not allowed to make some drastic changes for his status-quo and hero identity, so they decided to make him bi. I have no idea how it is gonna help his character, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    On Bleeding Cool leak they said that there will be Tim Drake mini-series about Tim embraced his new sexuality, but since Tynion left Batman after #117, it gets put on hold in case the new captain has different idea.

Attachment 112378
    Isn't this article fake from 4Chan? It is absent on Bleeding Cool, and that all thing about Cates as Batman writer is extremely unlikely scenario.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't know, for me it's just a cheap move with Tim's sexuality. They didn't know what to do with him, for some reason they are not allowed to make some drastic changes for his status-quo and hero identity, so they decided to make him bi. I have no idea how it is gonna help his character, to be honest.

Isn't this article fake from 4Chan? It is absent on Bleeding Cool, and that all thing about Cates as Batman writer is extremely unlikely scenario.
    The claim for a mini-series sounds a bit strange, as Tim's story clearly ends with "to be continued in Urban legends 10".
    So it doesn't really look like there is a plan for a separate mini outside of urban legends exploring it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Proably not this season but he will be in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post

Based on the story itself, I'd actually say Tim is gay. Tim said it himself, he broke up with Steph for absolutely no reason. That's a clear indication he's not interested in women in that kind of way, not that he doesn't deeply care for Stephanie as a friend. All prior love relationships with women were probably just an act... Tim feeling the need to appeal to what is viewed as the norm instead of going by what he truly felt inside, at least up until this moment. Gee, it really will be weird reading old Tim/Steph moments now, it was all a lie, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Yes it’s the representation people want, they just want see superheroes in positive successful queer relationships. Once it’s cannon their is no going back, I would hate to be the writer ever doing a story of Stephanie and Tim again and suffer from a fan base who want what they want and don’t care how they treat others to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Based on the story itself, I'd actually say Tim is gay. Tim said it himself, he broke up with Steph for absolutely no reason. That's a clear indication he's not interested in women in that kind of way, not that he doesn't deeply care for Stephanie as a friend. All prior love relationships with women were probably just an act... Tim feeling the need to appeal to what is viewed as the norm instead of going by what he truly felt inside, at least up until this moment. Gee, it really will be weird reading old Tim/Steph moments now, it was all a lie, lol.
    Screenshot_20210810-122619.jpg

I dunno, Tim has shown to be sexually attracted to women in the past.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    The claim for a mini-series sounds a bit strange, as Tim's story clearly ends with "to be continued in Urban legends 10".
    So it doesn't really look like there is a plan for a separate mini outside of urban legends exploring it?
    That could be a thing they already change since it's just assigning a caption. Like if initially the plan was to make a mini a couple of months from now but now that Tynion decides to leave, they decide to keep his story in Legends, and Fritzmartin continues writing it, something like that.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-10-2021 at 05:30 AM.