Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It's not so much the replace that I'm referring to as it is the civilian life: the notion that there are things going on in Tim's life that are important to him that don't have anything to do with crime fighting. Tim used to go to school, hang out with his friends, worry about his father's health, and so on and so forth. His civilian life doesn't have to involve school, be it high school or college; but it should involve interests not directly involving him being Robin.
    Exactly. Those were some of the best aspects of Tim before the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Even if Tim is gay cannon wise (which looks to be the case), that shouldn't change what you want to write. Have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    You shouldn't have to ask permission to ship who you want to ship.
    Thank you, you have no idea what this means to me, this gives me hope. I try to keep everyone happy but COVID has taught me life is too short I’ll let DC and others tell any story that they want and I’ll write my stories with due warnings so you don’t like you don’t have to read which to me seems to be the best way forward once again thank you this has made my day
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wouldn't work she has access to the bat cave & his family would sell him out cause they ain't shit.
    I am going to keep my eye on her over the next few years. I Will not be suprised if she fades further into the. Bat background.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/22617...tman-dc-comics

“And for those itching to update various fan-wikis and lists, Fitzmartin says that Tim hasn’t put a label on himself yet — nor does this story delegitimize his decades-long off-again-on-again relationship with fellow teen superhero Stephanie Brown/Spoiler.

“I wanted to pay tribute to the fact that sexuality is a journey,” Fitzmartin told Polygon. “To be clear, his feelings for Stephanie have been/are 100% real, as are his feelings for Bernard. However, Tim is still figuring himself out. I don’t think he has the language for it all... yet.””
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

“And for those itching to update various fan-wikis and lists, Fitzmartin says that Tim hasn’t put a label on himself yet — nor does this story delegitimize his decades-long off-again-on-again relationship with fellow teen superhero Stephanie Brown/Spoiler.

“I wanted to pay tribute to the fact that sexuality is a journey,” Fitzmartin told Polygon. “To be clear, his feelings for Stephanie have been/are 100% real, as are his feelings for Bernard. However, Tim is still figuring himself out. I don’t think he has the language for it all... yet.””
    So this means writers can go various ways with this. He could date either or. We do need more Bi rep in general.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So this means writers can go various ways with this. He could date either or. We do need more Bi rep in general.
    Totally agree. There can be some good newish ground covered in writing an authentic bi character

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Of all the Robins, Tim was the one I saw this sort of development making the most sense for, but only if he's bisexual.

I don't know how you can look at his history and say he was confused or hadn't figured himself out yet with his many attractions and relationships with women. I could buy that reveal with Alan Scott who was so stoic half the time you can believe he was able to bury that sort of thing. Tim? Not a chance.

Gay Tim feels like an asspull at best. Bisexual Tim makes a helluva lot more sense. I admit my fandom of Tim revolves mostly around his solo book and time as Robin.

Given he dumped Steph, that may be where they're going with the development, but it doesn't feel organic to his character compared to the bisexual reveal.

But yeah, the writing on the wall was pretty clear for this. Didn't Tynion allude to him and Kon hooking up in a possible future during his Batman run? It seems like this was something he was pushing for behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-10-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Of all the Robins, Tim was the one I saw this sort of development making the most sense for, but only if he's bisexual.

I don't know how you can look at his history and say he was confused or hadn't figured himself out yet with his many attractions and relationships with women. I could buy that reveal with Alan Scott who was so stoic half the time you can believe he was able to bury that sort of thing. Tim? Not a chance.

Gay Tim feels like an asspull at best. Bisexual Tim makes a helluva lot more sense. I admit my fandom of Tim revolves mostly around his solo book and time as Robin.

But yeah, the writing on the wall was pretty clear for this. Didn't Tynion allude to him and Kon hooking up in a possible future during his Batman run? It seems like this was something he was pushing for behind the scenes.
    He made Tim bi and then bounced!
    "My work here is done"
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

"My work here is done"
    And Alan*!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And Alan*!
    At least very got Obsidian back. Thats a plus.

I hope they keep him bi because some writers can only do straight or gay, but not bi. Has there been a well written bi character?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    At least very got Obsidian back. Thats a plus.

I hope they keep him bi because some writers can only do straight or gay, but not bi. Has there been a well written bi character?
    I think both are a plus, to be honest. I can see a huge upside to a gay Alan Scott but that's another thread.
    May we never forget:

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

They did it and it was expected at this point.
    When Tim was created they immediately give him a female figure around him, Ariana, to make it clear that the new Robin is straight.
    To wipe out the theory popular in the 70's & 80's about a kind of gay relationships between Batman and Robin.
    Now times has changed and make Tim discover to have another side od his sexuality isn't out of nowhere. Tim relationship with Conner has been a sort of bromance that sometimes hinted to something more.
    I wouldn't crossed the line but I don't mind DC did it. It could be interesting for Tim, better if he is Bi.
    As others have said this change is a push for the character but cannot be the only one. He needs a direction as a hero and a new position into the batfamily and the DC Universe.
    Great arts by Ortega and Fitzmartin confirmed she can handle Tim.
    And finally two words on Bernard. Maybe cause this story has been really compressed, I don't like him at all. What Tim sees in him is a mystery!
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 08-10-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    They did it and it was expected at this point.
    When Tim was created they immediately give him a female figure around him, Ariana, to make it clear that the new Robin is straight.
    To wipe out the theory popular in the 70's & 80's about a kind of gay relationships between Batman and Robin.
    Now times has changed and make Tim discover to have another side od his sexuality isn't out of nowhere. Tim relationship with Conner has been a sort of bromance that sometimes hinted to something more.
    I wouldn't crossed the line but I don't mind DC did it. It could be interesting for Tim, better if he is Bi.
    As others have said this change is a push for the character but cannot be the only one. He needs a direction as a hero and a new position into the batfamily and the DC Universe.
    Great arts by Ortega and Fitzmartin confirmed she can handle Tim.
    And finally two words on Bernard. Maybe cause this story has been really compressed, I don't like him at all. What Tim sees in him is a mystery!
    As I said there are other characters for Tim who would make more sense. Like as a crush sure as a perfect love interest, no.

Eh, I don't know if the writers get how this stuff works. By establishing Tim as being sexually attracted to men you do put a label on him. You've changed the character in a pretty dramatic way. This isn't real life and real people. These are IPs that are created to generate value to the company that owns them. Now the biggest value Tim offers to DC is that he is attracted to men and it allows DC to promote him as a gay character. It is now the single biggest defining characteristic Tim has probably now that he isn't the main Robin anymore. Same as what happened to Iceman and Alan Scott like others mentioned already. Trying to say he is just bi or something is tricky. Because having Tim go back to Steph or date women is now less valuable in DC's eyes as they would then lose one of the biggest characters they can promote in same sex relationships. So his character might be kind of locked in despite what was initially intended.

"My work here is done"
    And this is the problem with most modern examples of increasing diversity: they think that all the have to do make a formerly white character black, or a formerly straight character LGBT and their job is done. I'm hoping that Tim's current writer puts more thought into the character and stories than just that.

Of course, I'm also hoping that she does more with Tim in upcoming stories than just explore his sexuality. I don't come to comic books primarily to read about sexuality. Which is to say, stuff about the main characters love life is interesting to include, but only as flavoring as it were: it shouldn't be the main course.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.