Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well why ya'll been hung up on the reveal, I've been analyzing the story & I'm pretty sure Bernard is gonna end up being A a super villain, or B they pull a Artemis from Young Justice & make it so he's from a villain family trying to be a hero & rebelling, it has to be I don't believe any normal person Gotham citizen or not just trains & fights like that. That's sus & the undertones of how Tim felt his family (Bernards) never liked him, & you also got the mention of him saying Tim helped him realize his true self, you'd think that could just be romantic thing but it could also be like a moral thing. IDK Bernard is sus too me I don't see him being a regular civilian of Gotham going forward I just don't. Like if he can fight like that how was he so easily captured it just doesn't add up to me.
    Bernard is definately sus, I don't think he evil but there is more going on there.

I think it was nicely done. I mean, as far as changes like this have turned out in comics and other fictional works, this one was on the good side. Could've gone waaaay worse. I think choosing a long time friend was a cheap idea, I would've done it different, towards a new character actually. But well, it is how it is. It doesn't sound too forced for me, because for some reason, after coming to know Tim this past year and half, I definitely could see him being interested in both males and females, I don't know if more than just romantically atracted, but at least, It doesn't feel too unbelieavable. He's going to give it a try, sounds logical.

Edit: and some of you mention this change making him more popular and making him gain sales, but I think it's going to push away a lot of readers and fans who don't like the idea at all, too. There's still a lot of people who feel unconfortable reading stories with a lead who's interested in partners of their same sex, being them gay or bi. I don't think DC is doing this because of that, they already have popular characters who are known LGBTAQ+ they could promote and they're not doing it. Because this isn't really a selling trait by itself.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-10-2021 at 05:35 PM. Reason: I never, ever get that acronym rigth at my first try

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think it was nicely done. I mean, as far as changes like this have turned out in comics and other fictional works, this one was on the good side. Could've gone waaaay worse. I think choosing a long time friend was a cheap idea, I would've done it different, towards a new character actually. But well, it is how it is. It doesn't sound too forced for me, because for some reason, after coming to know Tim this past year and half, I definitely could see him being interested in both males and females, I don't know if more than just romantically atracted, but at least, It doesn't feel too unbelieavable. He's going to give it a try, sounds logical.
    I think the breakup with Steph comes off pretty cheap too. I'm not sure if the story would've worked without it, but still.

I mean the issue Dc is going more tokens than actually characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the breakup with Steph comes off pretty cheap too. I'm not sure if the story would've worked without it, but still.
    Well, would you have preferred he cheated her or kept their relationship even when he wasn't sure he loved her that way still? :/ Because those were the other options for this to happen if it was going to happen.

True. I hope this isn't going to make a token.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It certainly did what they wanted, Tim has been a very hot topic all day long and it'll put eyes on DC to either step up or get criticized for baiting fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It certainly did what they wanted, Tim has been a very hot topic all day long and it'll put eyes on DC to either step up or get criticized for baiting fans.
    Yes, it's exciting to see this trending so big on news sources. I would hope this will lead to Tim maintaining a larger profile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The next year will be intresting, DC can never sideline him again since he now represents a minority who is very vocal

Ya know I ended up talking to some random stranger at a bar the other night about comics and they had mentioned that they thought that DC should make Dick or Jason bi. Tim didn't even seem to cross their mind.

And I kinda have to agree. Given the characters romantic histories, Jason and Damian have much less in the way of long-term or high profile romance like Dick and Tim do. But it really signals that they need some direction for the character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Well that was a lovely story and a blessing that it was rendered with Ortegas beautiful art, the ending implied there was a continuation in Urban Legends 10 right? I wonder where Tim's story will go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Bernard is definately sus, I don't think he evil but there is more going on there.
    You see it no one is talking about how sus this man is!! Tim was trained by Batman! Sure he's arguably the weakest Robin in a fight but still the man has Batman training & Bernard kept pace if not outdid him i am watching him like a hawk theirs something there IDK what yet but something.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Yes, it's exciting to see this trending so big on news sources. I would hope this will lead to Tim maintaining a larger profile.
    Unfortunately, this sort of move rarely leads to permanent improvement in a character's profile. There tends to be a spike of attention right away, and then the character fades back to whatever his previous status was, if not worse: if the character got reduced to a token by the change, his profile actually ends up worse off afterward.

Now, if the new writer capitalizes on The surge of attention by bringing something meatier than just Tim's sexuality, that might be another story.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The next year will be intresting, DC can never sideline him again since he now represents a minority who is very vocal
    Ha! Yeah, right. If this new angle doesn't bring in the sales, it won't matter.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, would you have preferred he cheated her or kept their relationship even when he wasn't sure he loved her that way still? :/ Because those were the other options for this to happen if it was going to happen.
    But why would he have to break up with her at all? If he's bi he could explain to her that he has feelings for guys too. Given Syeph she would be fine
    I mean this is a girl who's past includes a parent who is a criminal and having a baby. Tim was there for her and the same could be done for her to him.

If they did break up, show us and then slowly introduce Bernard.