Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Isn't Tim college-aged now so he should 17 - 19? Did I miss something?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I only really hear about that pairing in forums & from die hard comic fans, the Kon thing was annoyingly all consuming.
    “Loud” and “popular” are two different things.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Whoa, this is amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They keep deaging him

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They keep deaging him
    While Damian gets older

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Is it so unbelievable that a 16 year old is figuring out he likes guys?
    Do people have to openly queer in elementary school to be accepted?
    I think it's more to do why did Dc have to change Tim Drake's sexual orientation. That it comes off has lazy and so it shouldn't have happen. While others are happy that a character is giving them Representation. For me it's more of Dc didn't know what to do with Tim. But now they give me this change instead of trying to make him stable. I'm worried they might have done it for profit then put him back with Steph in a sense go back to the norm. But hopefully with eyes on Tim they will use him better

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Tim's age fluctuates depending on the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Whoa, this is amazing...

Fun fact: He also had a crush on Tim's step-mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Whoa, this is amazing...

This just furthers my suspicion Bernard is gonna end up being an Arkham resident by the end of his romance with Tim.....

At this point maybe they also should fix his age. Because he goes from teen to young adult in his 20. How old is Jason because he should be closer to Jason's age

At this point maybe they also should fix his age. Because he goes from teen to young adult in his 20. How old is Jason because he should be closer to Jason's age
    I thought the ages were Dick 24-25, Jason 22-23, Tim 18-19 Damien 14

I think that's the fan gist of how old the Robins are.

Incredible Member

I just saw this bit of news on Yahoo's front page, not that there's anything wrong about Tim coming out as bi I just don't understand why after after 32 years in real time of Tim's introduction does DC do this? why not just create a new bisexual superhero and leave the legacy ones as is?

I think it's more to do why did Dc have to change Tim Drake's sexual orientation. That it comes off has lazy and so it shouldn't have happen. While others are happy that a character is giving them Representation. For me it's more of Dc didn't know what to do with Tim. But now they give me this change instead of trying to make him stable. I'm worried they might have done it for profit then put him back with Steph in a sense go back to the norm. But hopefully with eyes on Tim they will use him better

But where did it say ever that Tim Drake was only into women and was 100% straight?

If the argument is "Well all the relationships we've seen till now have been with women, so how can he be bisexual?" doesn't really hold much weight as it means Tim Drake is attracted to multiple genders. So him 'dating women' doesn't make him not bisexual, and only those with a limited understanding of bisexuality would assume that. The kind of people that think "If he hasn't dated an equal amount of men and women he's not bisexual".

But there's always been hints thrown at Tim's sexuality over the years, and a lot of people interpreted moments between him and Connor as being more than just friendship but were pretty much told they were 'reading too much into it' and 'unless it's confirmed it isn't canon!' but then it gets confirmed and those same people go "What!?!? We never saw this coming!!"

It's why Storm can be written in many situations with women, or being intimate or kissing them, or even having an implied relationship with Yukio across years of evidence and heavy implications(some not even just implications) but people still go "But has it been OFFICIALLY said..." to stand on in order to invalidate it. It's why "implying" is that grey area that comics were allowed to get away with where they 'say it without saying it' and some people notice and acknowledge it, while others can have plausible deniability that it's a thing and its just a 'battle between shippers' or such.

There's a lot of companies and people that would rather 'throw in a bunch of implications' and then let the fandom do the rest rather than confirming it outright. So whenever a character is allowed to be confirmed, it's considered a victory.

And there's been many stop/starts to confirming things about a character. Lest we count how many times the X-Men series has done this with Jubilee. Or how many were going to happen, like Shrinking Violet and Lightning Lass only for other things to happen.

Chris Claremont, the darn creator/writer of Kitty Pryde(created 1980) said that he intended Rachel Summers(created 1981 also by him) to be her one true love and her endgame relationship. But we had to wait 40 years before she actually was allowed to kiss another girl in a comic panel because the only thing they could get away with was subtext. We had to watch her bond/crush on Illyana and vice versa be treated mostly through subtext because of what they weren't allowed to say. We had to watch her and Rachel Summers not be allowed to actively pursue a relationship in the comics, and just do stuff through subtext despite their creator writing them to be endgame. But he wasn't allowed to fully go through with it due to stricter censorship rules during the 1980s. And it took 40 years before they were allowed to confirm her despite the fact he created her as bisexual 40 years ago, but they could only get away with subtext.

So consider that someone that created a character to be bisexual/pan etc and even had her one true love thought of. It took 40 years from her creation before a comic panel allowed her to kiss another woman. That should speak volumes about how hard it is to get these things through, even when the creator of that character intended for them to be bi/lesbian/gay from the get go, it took 40 years before it was able to be 'confirmed' outside of subtext.

Just something to think about.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-11-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That's the New 52/Rebirth age approximation but if we're continuing from Post Crisis, it's around 30, 23-24, 20-21 and 14

They haven't cleared how much time passed in the past yet for this Post New 52-Rebirth, Infinite Frontier timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    But where did it say ever that Tim Drake was only into women and was 100% straight?

If the argument is "Well all the relationships we've seen till now have been with women, so how can he be bisexual?" doesn't really hold much weight as it means Tim Drake is attracted to multiple genders. So him 'dating women' doesn't make him not bisexual, and only those with a limited understanding of bisexuality would assume that. The kind of people that think "If he hasn't dated an equal amount of men and women he's not bisexual".

But there's always been hints thrown at Tim's sexuality over the years, and a lot of people interpreted moments between him and Connor as being more than just friendship but were pretty much told they were 'reading too much into it' and 'unless it's confirmed it isn't canon!' but then it gets confirmed and those same people go "What!?!? We never saw this coming!!"

It's why Storm can be written in many situations with women, or being intimate or kissing them, or even having an implied relationship with Yukio across years of evidence and heavy implications(some not even just implications) but people still go "But has it been OFFICIALLY said..." to stand on in order to invalidate it. It's why "implying" is that grey area that comics were allowed to get away with where they 'say it without saying it' and some people notice and acknowledge it, while others can have plausible deniability that it's a thing and its just a 'battle between shippers' or such.

There's a lot of companies and people that would rather 'throw in a bunch of implications' and then let the fandom do the rest rather than confirming it outright. So whenever a character is allowed to be confirmed, it's considered a victory.

And there's been many stop/starts to confirming things about a character. Lest we count how many times the X-Men series has done this with Jubilee. Or how many were going to happen, like Shrinking Violet and Lightning Lass only for other things to happen.

Chris Claremont, the darn creator/writer of Kitty Pryde(created 1980) said that he intended Rachel Summers(created 1981 also by him) to be her one true love and her endgame relationship. But we had to wait 40 years before she actually was allowed to kiss another girl in a comic panel because the only thing they could get away with was subtext. We had to watch her bond/crush on Illyana and vice versa be treated mostly through subtext because of what they weren't allowed to say. We had to watch her and Rachel Summers not be allowed to actively pursue a relationship in the comics, and just do stuff through subtext despite their creator writing them to be endgame. But he wasn't allowed to fully go through with it due to stricter censorship rules during the 1980s. And it took 40 years before they were allowed to confirm her despite the fact he created her as bisexual 40 years ago, but they could only get away with subtext.

So consider that someone that created a character to be bisexual/pan etc and even had her one true love thought of. It took 40 years from her creation before a comic panel allowed her to kiss another woman. That should speak volumes about how hard it is to get these things through, even when the creator of that character intended for them to be bi/lesbian/gay from the get go, it took 40 years before it was able to be 'confirmed' outside of subtext.

Just something to think about.

All good points. I just hope Dc knows what their doing because their track record is on and off again
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-11-2021 at 04:50 PM.