Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Why? That wouldn't be necessary
    In the slim hope that this would help the character.

It's overly obvious that TPTB have zero damn ideas for Tim.

I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    In the slim hope that this would help the character.

It's overly obvious that TPTB have zero damn ideas for Tim.

I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    I wouldn't go that far, I'd just say he's not a high priority. Hasn't been since the New-52. I'm sure we'll see him in a team setting down the line this year

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't go that far, I'd just say he's not a high priority. Hasn't been since the New-52. I'm sure we'll see him in a team setting down the line this year
    I know I stink of desperation. I'm okay with this.

I agree he's not a high priority.

I am not so sure his future is that rosy.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I know I stink of desperation. I'm okay with this.

I agree he's not a high priority.

I am not so sure his future is that rosy.
    I'm seeing the solicits for Kon in Suicide Squad thinking to myself "Tim would rescue him from Waller's control," but they won't even mention something like that I bet.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim drake titans casting is reported biracial
    He will be black and Asian
    Why? Why race bend him when the two Robins following him are Asian and Black?

Once again outside media bulks at the idea of giving us a comic accurate Tim Drake.

If the show makers wanted to add diversity then why not use the diverse characters already present. Why use the white kid?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Once again outside media bulks at the idea of giving us a comic accurate Tim Drake.

If the show makers wanted to add diversity then why not use the diverse characters already present. Why use the white kid?
    Honestly, they won't bring Duke, because he isn't so recognizable. And they don't want to use the son of Batman concept (yet), so Damian isn't an option either.

They want a new Robin, so Tim is the option, because he has an enough recognizable name. However, they don't want a third white guy as Robin.

PS: That said, if Damian appear, I suspect he will be a white kid, since they would want to focus on Batman son aspect.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, they won't bring Duke, because he isn't so recognizable. And they don't want to use the son of Batman concept (yet), so Damian isn't an option either.

They want a new Robin, so Tim is the option, because he has an enough recognizable name. However, they don't want a third white guy as Robin.

PS: That said, if Damian appear, I suspect he will be a white kid, since they would want to focus on Batman son aspect.
    And to do that he as to be white?

Damian is mixed, so I don't see why he would need to be officially white. Especially since diversity is clearly sought

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    And to do that he as to be white?
    No, but they usually like that Damian is mini Bruce in appearance.

That said, this is a live action, so maybe they don't need Damian to be so similar to Bruce in look.

I suspect Damian will be white as well. Not just because a big part of Damian being that he is Bruce's carbon copy but also the odds of finding an Arabic/Chinese/jewish Caucasian kid actor who has the chops to handle Damian Wayne is near impossible.

For me talent trumps racial accuracy when it comes to characters like Damian where accuracy is difficult and a lot rides on the acting chops of the actors.

Damian is a difficult character to get right so it's more important to me that they get a young actor who has the talent to pull him off well

I like the kid from The Umbrella Academy or the kid that plays Bruce on Gotham

Damian is mixed, so I don't see why he would need to be officially white. Especially since diversity is clearly sought
    Diversity is sought but what happens when diversity isn't available?
    Or when that Diversity is already there. Tim was race bent so Damian can be white

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

I'm cool with Tim being race bent if it means we get rep. The odds of finding a mixed kid with the talent to pull of Damian is low so I'll take diversity here.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm cool with Tim being race bent if it means we get rep. The odds of finding a mixed kid with the talent to pull of Damian is low so I'll take diversity here.
    Damian's 1/4 Middle Eastern and supposed to look like Bruce at that age, so white would be fine. Talia's mother was white.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    How do you know, Mabey this is just the opportunity Someone needs

I'm fine with a mixed race Tim Drake. He could easily be a kid from a wealthy Asian American family. It could even add to his backstory and character.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Damian's 1/4 Middle Eastern and supposed to look like Bruce at that age, so white would be fine. Talia's mother was white.
    Talia is half-Chinese half Middle Eastern. As per her creator Dennis O'Neil in Birth of the Demon.

Damian would be white passing but would be only half white because of his father.