Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm fine with a mixed race Tim Drake. He could easily be a kid from a wealthy Asian American family. It could even add to his backstory and character.

Talia is half-Chinese half Middle Eastern. As per her creator Dennis O'Neil in Birth of the Demon.

Damian would be white passing but would be only half white because of his father.
    The problem is Talia's mother appear in Batman Inc. Her name was Melisandre and she wasn't Chinese.

That's one of the "issues" with Ra's family, writers aren't consistent about their raíces.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm fine with a mixed race Tim Drake. He could easily be a kid from a wealthy Asian American family. It could even add to his backstory and character.

Talia is half-Chinese half Middle Eastern. As per her creator Dennis O'Neil in Birth of the Demon.

Damian would be white passing but would be only half white because of his father.
    Yep, you're right, I forgot about that. I was thinking Son of the Demon, and I dont' think they went into much detail in that one.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

If I were casting Damian (or Cassandra, for that matter), I would try casting someone who of mixed heritage with the most storyline-important ethnicity first (some degree of middle eastern descent for Damian, some degree is Asian descent for Cassandra) and backwards extrapolate Talia and Shiva’s ethnicity from that.

I’ll be honest and say I get the complaints about not doing Duke if you want to do diversity, but still am happy that Tim is making it regardless.

Ideally, you would eventually have both, and then work hard at differentiating them without screwing anything up.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The problem is Talia's mother appear in Batman Inc. Her name was Melisandre and she wasn't Chinese.

That's one of the "issues" with Ra's family, writers aren't consistent about their raíces.
    Birth of the Demon came out long before Batman Inc. Just because Morrison tripped on continuity doesn't invalidate all the prior established backstory and cultural influences that influenced the Al Ghuls. I don't see why future artists can't draw Talia or her mom as Chinese/Arab or why a woman of that ethnicity couldn't have a name like 'Melisande' either as an alias or something her parents gave her to better blend in to society.

batman-inc-zone--004.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DC can ret con race as easy as back story. Currently Etta Candy is black. They can easily make Damian looking more Arabic than white anytime they want. Who looking like who has as much validity as continuity so it comes down to what you choose.
    So I choose this.
    tumblr_f8de6b4dc394e631228d09a3c55a6a25_d87154b8_500.jpg
    - Travis Moore, Nightwing Annual

Extraordinary Member

And we have Jay Lycurgo rumored as casted for Tim drake
    4ED50B21-CB50-4D14-B1BC-6C9B94E6D04B.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Has the look of a young Robin, I'm all for it if confirmed

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Variety: ‘Titans’ Season 3 Casts Jay Lycurgo as Tim Drake

I still wish we could've gotten Ryan Potter...

Lycurgo is also in The Batman in an undisclosed role. Is he playing TWO different Robins?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lycurgo is also in The Batman in an undisclosed role. Is he playing TWO different Robins?
    I believe all we know of his role in The Batman is that he plays a member of the masked gang Pattinson is shown tearing through.

Great to have it confirmed

Extraordinary Member

I still would have preferred to bring either one of the black Batfamily Members or Teen Titan Characters on the show over race bending Tim.

Btw. is there a time jump or how are they explain, that there is allready a new Robin.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-29-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I still would have preferred to bring either one of the black Batfamily Members or Teen Titan Characters on the show over race bending Tim.

Btw. is there a time jump or how are they explain, that there is allready a new Robin.
    What makes you think he's going to be Robin right away? He could be introduced A Lonely Place of Dying style, slowly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    What makes you think he's going to be Robin right away? He could be introduced A Lonely Place of Dying style, slowly.
    If he isn't Robin, shouldn't he be in Training with Batman and not hanging around the Titans?