Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If he isn't Robin, shouldn't he be in Training with Batman and not hanging around the Titans?
    Apparently he’s a “streetwise kid who’s managed to grow up on the toughest streets without losing his indelible belief in heroism” according to the report so maybe he gets involved helping Dick/the Titans track down Jason?

Extraordinary Member

Making Tim a Tough Street Kid is imo also wired choice if you have already Jason on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like Jason to me

Yup, that change is what i was afraid, i mean, i get that they might not want to make him rich like Bruce, but they could had just make him part of a normal family, jeez.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Making Tim a Tough Street Kid is imo also wired choice if you have already Jason on the show.
    WB really sucks at managing and making the most of their DC characters.

What do they have against uniqueness? How are they this tone deaf?

Why take away what makes Tim unique, what a lot of fans like about him?

I'm not a brand or IP manager but even I can see that this route takes from both Jason and Tim.

"Drake is described as a streetwise kid who’s managed to grow up on the toughest streets without losing his indelible belief in heroism. His easy-going demeanor is backed up by a near-genius mind, a natural detective with a perception of detail far beyond his years."

This description doesn't sound like Jason to me. Just because he grew up in the streets doesn't mean that he is out there stealing tires.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yup, that change is what i was afraid, i mean, i get that they might not want to make him rich like Bruce, but they could had just make him part of a normal family, jeez.
    The problem is the "everyman" concept works when the character is the protagonist of the story, since the audience could enter on the story through the character. Not so much when the character is a supporting role.

That's why they still mantain the near-genius mind and natural detective aspects.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-29-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "Drake is described as a streetwise kid who’s managed to grow up on the toughest streets without losing his indelible belief in heroism. His easy-going demeanor is backed up by a near-genius mind, a natural detective with a perception of detail far beyond his years."

This description doesn't sound like Jason to me. Just because he grew up in the streets doesn't mean that he is out there stealing tires.
    Actually It sounds like Duke. I still maintain that Tim's 'normality' is a big part of what sets him apart but I guess he could have living parents just grew up in the toughest part of town.

The optics of sudden race bent Tim suddenly being from the toughest parts of town also isn't the best

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The optics of sudden race bent Tim suddenly being from the toughest parts of town also isn't the best
    Yeah, i agree. They could just made the original origin for Tim and would work fine.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I was going to say that I think that they amalgamated Tim and Duke, actually.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

It is not to far off from Jason when he was Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I was going to say that I think that they amalgamated Tim and Duke, actually.
    That's what it comes across to me as well, especially back when it was rumored they were going to cast a black actor.

It seems like DC can't help themselves when it comes to combining the Robins.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. with the relatively low number of Episodes it feels wired that they are already bringing in the 3rd Robin. I'm it is supposed to be a Titans series and not a Batfamily series.

To be fair, the Robins ARE Titans, even if Jason's tenure was very brief in the comics.

What is weird is Commissioner Gordon, since the concept of that being Babs rather than Jim is from Batman Beyond.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm not a brand or IP manager but even I can see that this route takes from both Jason and Tim.
    From a brand perspective I think it would make in general more sense to keep characters comics acurate across differnt media, otherwise you just split the fandom between dfferent versions of the character.

And since Titans is allready 2 seasons in, and they have allready Dick and Jason on the show, I don't think Tim will draw in many new viewers, so they might probaly also given another black character a shot.