Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1540
    Mighty Member

That is because when it comes to the Robins most artists use height as a short-handed way to visually represent the age of these characters, so the oldest must be the tallest and the youngest must be the shortest.

Tim is on the main cover for Batman Fear State Omega this week, that appears to be his only appearance this week.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tim is on the main cover for Batman Fear State Omega this week, that appears to be his only appearance this week.
    Hopefully it'll be a good one...

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Tim will be in next week's Batman UL #10: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tim-...r-months-late/

A Carol of Bats by Meghan Fitzmartin and Alberto Albuquerque Jimenez: "Tim finds himself troubled by Bruce's state of mind, which is having an impact on Tim's recent happiness and his new relationship with Bernard. Will solving a new case together be just the thing to help, or will it add to the sudden distance that Tim feels growing between him and the man who helped raise him?"

Also, there'll be a Tim story in the 2021 holiday special also being released next week. This story is set in the Batman Adventures universe:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tis-...ys-not-likely/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Tim will be in next week's Batman UL #10: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tim-...r-months-late/

A Carol of Bats by Meghan Fitzmartin and Alberto Albuquerque Jimenez: "Tim finds himself troubled by Bruce's state of mind, which is having an impact on Tim's recent happiness and his new relationship with Bernard. Will solving a new case together be just the thing to help, or will it add to the sudden distance that Tim feels growing between him and the man who helped raise him?"

Also, there'll be a Tim story in the 2021 holiday special also being released next week. This story is set in the Batman Adventures universe:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tis-...ys-not-likely/
    So him and Bernard are official? I wonder if Steph will comment in Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So him and Bernard are official? I wonder if Steph will comment in Batgirls
    Fem!Steph commenting on Male!Steph...

I'm kind of worried they're going to downplay Tim and Steph's relationship as much as possible depending on how much they seriously want to push this.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm kind of worried they're going to downplay Tim and Steph's relationship as much as possible depending on how much they seriously want to push this.
    I don't think DC are gonna downplay their relationship if they're serious about representing bisexuality with respect - that is, Tim was in love with Steph, but now he's in love with Bernard, & in the future, maybe he'll be in a relationship with Steph again. Or with just another man or woman. It doesn't matter to me.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I don't think DC are gonna downplay their relationship if they're serious about representing bisexuality with respect - that is, Tim was in love with Steph, but now he's in love with Bernard, & in the future, maybe he'll be in a relationship with Steph again. Or with just another man or woman. It doesn't matter to me.
    I dunno, with the way they handled their recent breakup and are developing the characters, it doesn't really feel like they're invested in acknowledging it at all, but I care for Tim and Steph and don't really care about Bernard so that's where I'm coming from. Have they even been explicit in confirming he's bisexual?

Extraordinary Member

I dunno, with the way they handled their recent breakup and are developing the characters, it doesn't really feel like they're invested in acknowledging it at all, but I care for Tim and Steph and don't really care about Bernard so that's where I'm coming from. Have they even been explicit in confirming he's bisexual?
    They’ve definitely confirmed he's bisexual.

This is the difficulty with properly writing a bisexual character - in order to avoid it coming off as a strictly nominal trait, you honestly sort of need to have a major relationship with both sexes, but without making the audience pick sides or running into the “bi = promiscuous” stereotype. The most successful version I can think of in modern pop culture is Flint on Black Sails, because they made his two main relationships work and roughly equal in importance.

With Tim, the issue is that his relationship with Steph is by far his most popular relationship, so, a bit like with Selina, you’re unlikely to see a major relationship with the same sex love interest last.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

This is the difficulty with properly writing a bisexual character - in order to avoid it coming off as a strictly nominal trait, you honestly sort of need to have a major relationship with both sexes, but without making the audience pick sides or running into the “bi = promiscuous” stereotype. The most successful version I can think of in modern pop culture is Flint on Black Sails, because they made his two main relationships work and roughly equal in importance.

With Tim, the issue is that his relationship with Steph is by far his most popular relationship, so, a bit like with Selina, you’re unlikely to see a major relationship with the same sex love interest last.
    I don't think Tim's sexuality is a difficulty.

I think Tim's problems are that he lacks: his own identity, his own direction, his own costume; in short, his own niche.

I sometimes wonder if DC is trying to distract us from Tim's problems.

I don't think Tim being with Bernard in anthology series is going to give the relationship the level of depth and focus that the relationship buildup with Steph got, at any rate. Or even Ariana.
    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

I think Tim's problems are that he lacks: his own identity, his own direction, his own costume; in short, his own niche.

Or they legit just don't know what to do with him.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Tim being with Bernard in anthology series is going to give the relationship the level of depth and focus that the relationship buildup with Steph got, at any rate. Or even Ariana.

I feel like Tim’s an excellent example of how much even just a mediocre reboot can throw a character off track; I’m not wholly blaming the New 52 by itself, but rather the way it interrupted his momentum and led, eventually, to the same kind of “I liked this era/concept/selling point better” conflict in creators and fans that Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Batgirl suffer.

It’s not just that, a decade ago, DC tried to reboot him for no reason and gave him a writer with no idea what these more subtle 90’s character were about in Scott Lobdell. It’s that the very concept of the reboot itself allowed even fans of Tim to try going for their view of a “greatest hits” view of him, when arguably all his greatest hits were dependent on the context that let him be nuanced and relatable.

Like, I know for a fact that Tynion clearly liked *a lot* of Tim’s stuff… but he combined some traits and aspects that weren’t great together. Like, the more control freak, gadget happy type of Tim really only works with the kind of angsty Tim that was around right before Flashpoint - AKA, the one whose angst some Tim readers don’t like. And trying to make him. A more senior Robin but still a junior Robin at the time just leaves the character in a weird place.

Like, to put it bluntly - they keep being torn between righting Tim as a high schooler and a college age kid, when really he should just be one or the other.

…I still think the Red Robin solo was in a pretty sweet spot at the time. That’s now so distant that getting him back to it would probably be too much. But it was probably the last time he was in a comfortable and clear space with everything around him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I imagine she'll be generally supportive. It would make sense for her to be hurt or have mixed feelings about it, but I don't think they want Steph to come across as in any way negative about his recent coming out so the easy way of handling that is her being supportive. It doesn't make for as great drama, but ultimately with Tim, I think DC is more invested in having better representation so they'll kind of smooth over the bumps with the sudden Tim/Steph breakup.

It's probably for the best. Steph could use a new love interest.

Bernard isn't anywhere close to those two, but he also hasn't had much time either so let's give him a chance.

I agree, they didn't know what to do with Tim and the jury's still out on if they know what they're doing now. If we're lucky, they have an idea beyond "make him the queer Robin," but it's very possible that was the extent of their plans.

Whatever they do, I just want them to do something with Tim Drake.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-12-2021 at 08:20 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Tim was/is Robin for a very long time and a very good Robin I might add. He teamed up with Batman in 100's of stories through the years. Problem for Tim was that Damian was introduced and became Robin too. Now I like Damian don't get me wrong. But it leaves Tim without much of a purpose . I still think of him as Robin as any other name just doesn't stick.

I'm not sure they have confirmed that Tim is bi. Can you provide a comic page that says that?
    I've seen the media say he's bi. Tim said he's still figuring it out.
    Not every person who dates the opposite sex before coming out is bi.
    If Tim were bi I don't get why he broke up with Steph. He did that before Bernard was in the picture. A bi guy can totally date a girl, so the breakup doesn't make sense. And of course, doing it off screen doesn't help.