Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Dc isn't serious if they were they would be pushing them in other stuff. Titans they aren't together. Titan writers want DickKori. The creators of YJ said Zatanna and Dick still have feelings with the way Superboy and Miss Martin came back together it's a big change they will get back. So really Dc doesn't care about this ship. The only ever have gotten together in a merge event. So really they are more safe when they know it will be retcon. I doubt they will go all the way with a marriage.

They could have had them marry at any point but don't so I can't see how they are also milking DickBab shipper all this time.
    So what if titans writter wants dick with kory ? Nightwing and batgirls writers wants dickbabs together, so whats your point ?
    Greg never said this, what he said on askgreg is that zatanna is on good terms with both Barbara and Dick
    You says DC doesn't care about dickbabs but what did dickstar get in the past 10 years ? Lmao only recently they got a sex moment and a few weeks later dick was back with Barbara
    We'll see about this lmao

Wow I was talking about the show. In general if they cared they would be picking DickBabs in the video games and many other things. I wasn't just speaking just on DickKori but also in general. If they cared about DickBabs they would be in more things not just in the comics. Look at how often Selina and Bruce are pushed in almost everything. We don't get that.

Also the guy who wrote TTA didn't even know about DickBabs was going to happen. We would have gotten DickKori. Overall just a mess. The issue now with Taylor is just keeps making Dick look like he can't do his job. Lost every fight and Babs needing to guide him. The two should be equal. Not Dick often needing help.

I think I will keep repeating this. So overall I don't think Dc will keep it. But I'm out of Dc keeps Babs being the same always blaming Dick. He said not to rule out Zatanna and Dick getting back together
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Wow I was talking about the show. How do miss the point of in general if they cared they would be picking DickBabs in the video games and many other things. I wasn't even speaking just on DickKori but also in general. If they cared about DickBabs they would be in more things not just in the comics. Look at how often Selina and Bruce are pushed in almost everything. We don't get that.

Also the guy who wrote TTA didn't even know about DickBabs was going to happen. We would going to get DickKori. Overall was just a mess. The issue now with Taylor is just not making Dick look like he can't do his job. Lost every fight and Babs needing to guide him.
    Pretty much this. We've seen Dick/Kori in plenty of outside media stuff. But in regards to Babs in other media... her pairings are all over the place. Bruce and Tim being thrown in that mix as well. Same could be said for Dick.

And as you pointed out Bat/Cat at least for the most part is pretty prevalent. Dick/Babs isn't even remotely in the ball-park of that.

Overall my point still stays if they cared they would be doing more and they don't care. They just are milking you since the 90s. Will they won't they, get together Babs being horrible many times, Babs break up and still blames it on him. Then repeat. This isn't healthy they been repeating that since the 90s. So you can't tell me that DickBabs is the best ship for Dick when they repeat this and when they had multiples to stop them from breaking up. How do you know the editors who are DickBabs shippers had multiple times to stop DickBabs breaking up. I can't support that when they keep making the same mistake. Future State is a potential due to several times they already met Jace Fox and a few other issues with them ending up together. So overall I'm not going to accept it when they do the same thing all the time. Even when things look okay they go wrong very quickly. Has of right now I'm going to be waiting before fully supporting DickBabs.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Wow I was talking about the show.
    Next year can we maybe have separate threads for comic book versions and for TV/movie versions to avoid this confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Next year can we maybe have separate threads for comic book versions and for TV/movie versions to avoid this confusion?
    But overall how do you guys think the movie will do? So Batgirl is setting up Black Canary so this means we might get the correct BoP
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

But overall how do you guys think the movie will do?
    I’m very excited for ‘Batgirl’. But with rumors of Barbara being mentored by a seventy-year-old Batman (older than her Commissioner dad!) I’m worried that the basic character relationships, which have been pretty consistent for more than half a century, could be unrecognizable.

That’s a reason why, like you, I’d love to see an animated movie featuring Barbara Gordon. Years ago Lauren Montgomery was working on a Batgirl:Year One adaptation. It got as far as test footage being produced (a bit of it can be seen in the Batman:The Brave and The Bold series finale), but was ultimately shelved, allegedly because of disappointing sales for the first Wonder Woman animated film. Now that it’s been shown that female superheroes can, in fact, be very profitable, I would love it if DC would revive this project.

Wow I was talking about the show. In general if they cared they would be picking DickBabs in the video games and many other things. I wasn't just speaking just on DickKori but also in general. If they cared about DickBabs they would be in more things not just in the comics. Look at how often Selina and Bruce are pushed in almost everything. We don't get that.

Also the guy who wrote TTA didn't even know about DickBabs was going to happen. We would have gotten DickKori. Overall just a mess. The issue now with Taylor is just keeps making Dick look like he can't do his job. Lost every fight and Babs needing to guide him. The two should be equal. Not Dick often needing help.

I think I will keep repeating this. So overall I don't think Dc will keep it. But I'm out of Dc keeps Babs being the same always blaming Dick. He said not to rule out Zatanna and Dick getting back together
    I'm obviously talking about comics but you keep bringing all other medias into the talk and the whole discission keeps really confusing *sighs*
    First you have to remember all of these medias have a totally different team behind it and each team has a different take on such characters, if you think DC is going to these team's offices, aiming a gun at them and saying "dont you dare put Barbara and Dick together !!!" sorry you're really wrong lol DC doesn't really cares about whoever the creative teams decides to pair together
    But I'll try to go into each of these media and try to make my point clear
    TT live action: Ok first of all this is a teen titans series made to teen titans fans so it's very likely dick x starfire will be endgame but the series ain't even over yet lmao we can get a plot twist in the ending and get dickbabs as endgame but I don't really care about live actions that much tbh
    Young Justice: they never said zatanna and dick are coming back together last time greg talked about this matter last year he just said zattana is on good terms with dickbabs
    Arkham series: this was obviously a decision made by someone who didn't know anything about Barbara's story and just thought "batgirl ? Fine pair her with Robin" it's actually funny when you stop to think about that lol it seems oike later they realozed their mistake and Barbara and Dick don't have any interaction for the whole game lmao
    But they got called out by everyone about this and then there's gotham knighta coming next year which is set in a different universe tha. Arkham, the reveal trailer has Dick and Babs walk together on each other'a side so it seems to be hinting they'll finally apologize to the fans who were mad on the tim and barbara pairing
    We'll have to wait and see
    TKJ: all I have to say is Bruce Timm thats it I'm not going to discuss about this dude's fetishes
    TTA: yeah I pretty much assumed Taylor didn't give a call to TTA writer to tell him/her about his plans for dickbabs lol but who cares about TTA ? This run is ending soon while Taylor's run on nightwing is doing GREAT on sales

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I understand that the idea here is that Barbara will be Oracle most of the time and will put on Batgirl costume on only when it is really necessary. And there will be "oh my god will she be able to handle it" pages when she is out as Batgirl to generate some drama. I get it. But it still sounds so weird to me that a person has to regularly use cane or wheelchair, but is also able to chase the villains on the rooftops if it is really needed.

Yes, we suspend our disbelief all the time when we are reading comics, but to me this is very close to "this is bullshit" line where I just stop caring about the series/character.
    Sorry, I don't get the problem.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And in 10-15 years, the new crew at DC will reboot everything to the way it was during the New 52.
    Yep, pretty much. Sucks for those of us who really like characters that never got "A" list status (either due to being too obscure or debuting too late to ever have a chance to escape the shadow of the A-lister).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Also animated Dc movies and shows do way better. So if this happens most people will like it. The question is what Babs origin story is good? If anything maybe her pre crisis storyline? Because they do go for the original storylines when it's the character's first movie
    She was supposed to get one a decade ago. They were going to adapt Batgirl: Y1 before they put a ban on female dtvs....doubt she'll be getting one anytime soon though, even with the movie coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She was supposed to get one a decade ago. They were going to adapt Batgirl: Y1 before they put a ban on female dtvs....doubt she'll be getting one anytime soon though, even with the movie coming out.
    Wait they banned female animated movies ? Wonder Woman did well and got a sequel too. Both did well on reviews . I guess Wonder Woman will be the only one for a while. I say that since also she was in JSA has a big part.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Wait they banned female animated movies ? Wonder Woman did well and got a sequel too. Both did well on reviews . I guess Wonder Woman will be the only one for a while. I say that since also she was in JSA has a big part.
    Yes they banned them after WW 2009 was deemed unsuccessful. Thats why it took so long for another WW dtv to come out. Change of guard.

But just thinking of Barbara/Killing Joke, it just came to my mind that we've seen it adapted in every form. Comics/live action/animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yes they banned them after WW 2009 was deemed unsuccessful. Thats why it took so long for another WW dtv to come out. Change of guard.

So far it seems to be confirmed the Batgirl movie is setting up Black Canary's movie. So it seems we might be getting BoP after all

But just thinking of Barbara/Killing Joke, it just came to my mind that we've seen it adapted in every form. Comics/live action/animation.
    You think they will change their mind with Harley Quinn and how well the new animated Wonder Woman did? Thhe movie was top 5 animated movies. So I can't see how it was not successful.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    I’m very excited for ‘Batgirl’. But with rumors of Barbara being mentored by a seventy-year-old Batman (older than her Commissioner dad!) I’m worried that the basic character relationships, which have been pretty consistent for more than half a century, could be unrecognizable.

That’s a reason why, like you, I’d love to see an animated movie featuring Barbara Gordon. Years ago Lauren Montgomery was working on a Batgirl:Year One adaptation. It got as far as test footage being produced (a bit of it can be seen in the Batman:The Brave and The Bold series finale), but was ultimately shelved, allegedly because of disappointing sales for the first Wonder Woman animated film. Now that it’s been shown that female superheroes can, in fact, be very profitable, I would love it if DC would revive this project.
    True the second animated Wonder Woman movie did well and Harley Quinn's animated show. I hope this means more animated superhero female animated movies.

Another note for the live action we will be getting Batgirl's movie setting up for Black Canary. This makes me wonder if another version of BoP will happen
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 07:32 PM.

You think they will change their mind with Harley Quinn and how well the new animated Wonder Woman did? Thhe movie was top 5 animated movies. So I can't see how it was not successful.
    Bloodlines didnt do any special numbers and while they are allowing females to be animated again, I still doubt batgirl will get her solo like she deserves. Catwoman is finally get her own so id love to be wrong but im not holding my breath.