Page 57 of 108 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Looking to get into batgirl, please help me out with which run to pick.
    Also was the last run in her character or not?I read it and didn't much like it.

Also why is that red-heads in hollywood get this treatment.I have no problems with it(except MJ.They kinda ruined MJ but it's the script, the actress would do a great MJ.It's not even MJ, they just took her initials and ruined the chances of us getting a comic accurate one like we would have in TASM 2/3) just curious
    I would look into reading Batgirl: The Art of the Crime and Batgirl: Old Enemies trades.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Babs favorite color is green.

BGplayful.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

BGplayful.jpg
    Alrighty then .

BGplayful.jpg
    Seems a tad kinky with Babs looking like she's going to spank Dick.

BGplayful.jpg
    NGL this image just reminded me how much older Barbara was than Dick. Really puts their relationship in an awkward place

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    NGL this image just reminded me how much older Barbara was than Dick. Really puts their relationship in an awkward place
    One thing that struck me with the early Batgirl stories was the huge teenage boy wish fulfillment aspect, with an older good-looking young woman being interested in a younger boy.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

BGplayful.jpg
    Oy this is barely legal

I'm just thinking of Batgirl Year One where she's clearly older but that becomes way less obvious when Dick is 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just thinking of Batgirl Year One where she's clearly older but that becomes way less obvious when Dick is 18.
    Yeah that's why honestly they shouldn't show her be interested in him while he's an underage kid. Better if she starts a romantic relationship with him when he's older and become Nightwing.

BGplayful.jpg
    Might as well throw in this scene from Batman Family #1 (September-October 1975)

Yeah that's why honestly they shouldn't show her be interested in him while he's an underage kid. Better if she starts a romantic relationship with him when he's older and become Nightwing.
    In the context of Year One he was crushing hard on her but she didn't seem that interested, although I think other flashbacks show that they were close to intimate back when they were working together as sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the context of Year One he was crushing hard on her but she didn't seem that interested, although I think other flashbacks show that they were close to intimate back when they were working together as sidekicks.
    Yeah DC has been trying to push the idea that with them it was love at first sight, they were in love since they were kids and that they're destined to be together. But it always seems artificial and holds no real weight because there's a lot of retconning involved.

Yeah DC has been trying to push the idea that with them it was love at first sight, they were in love since they were kids and that they're destined to be together. But it always seems artificial and holds no real weight because there's a lot of retconning involved.
    The love at first sight is a retcon, but it's being pushed since the late 90's, it's old as hell now.

Also, they were interested in eachother by the time Dick was attending Hudson University, but never materealised until Dixon took over all the Bat books.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The love at first sight is a retcon, but it's being pushed since the late 90's, it's old as hell now.

Also, they were interested in each other by the time Dick was attending Hudson University, but never materealised until Dixon took over all the Bat books.
    Another of those post-CoIE retcons?
    I don't remember it that way in any of my pre-CoIE readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Also, they were interested in eachother by the time Dick was attending Hudson University, but never materealised until Dixon took over all the Bat books.
    I don't think it was ever love-at-first-sight, at least it definitely wasn't on Babs' part...I think the first time they met Babs fought Dick? I might be remembering wrong.

I always just saw it as them just gradually getting closer as Robin and Batgirl and that's where it came from.