Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1618
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Wow.
    While I am not that thrilled with how much they changed her base character, I do love the actress as Barbara. The entire show is like a sideways Elseworld version of the Titans, so I guess their definition of Babs works. The actress though is awesome.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Wow.
    While I am not that thrilled with how much they changed her base character, I do love the actress as Barbara. The entire show is like a sideways Elseworld version of the Titans, so I guess their definition of Babs works. The actress though is awesome.
    They've definitely been 3 for 3 with Barbara actors. Shame they've Oracle from her (for now) and likely no Batgirl flashbacks.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 09-15-2021 at 07:27 PM.

I guess we just need to wait for the comic to be released but yeh sadly to me it's looking disappointing and not what I was hoping for. I wanted a Batgirls book starring Babs as the main Batgirl leading the other Batgirls into action. Now it looks like Babs is just going to be Oracle in this book, so far there is only mention of Babs and Oracle, not Batgirl.
    That's a real shame coz after seeing her new Batgirl costume I thought she had a large part coming for her but instead she is going to be Oracle. I don't mind when she does both BUT like I said by the sounds of the description of this book it looks like Babs as Batgirl wont be a thing in this or a rare thing which just sucks.
    Also why cant we get a mature Batgirls book? Why does it have to be aimed at a younger audience? Why do the Batgirls need to be all cute and stuff? why cant they be taken seriously and kick some real ass?

I’m a little torn. Love Cass and Steph, thrilled to see Cass as a BG again in that awesome costume. Barbara Batgirl is one of my all time favorites so I guess I was hoping all three would be in costume for this. Warming up to her as Oracle with her appearances across the line lately, Nightwing in particular. All in for this new book though!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Also I'm curious any chance you guys think BoP comic would ever return?
    They just did a BoP book. I said it when the movie was first announced, Bop was going to now live or die with Harley. If the movie did well BoP would be cemented as Harley’s, if it did bad though it would then be deemed non-viable and shelved.

Honestly Oracle is screwed. For all the the talk of her importance they still seem to have no interest in doing any actual Oracle stories. Instead she has to settle for scraps in various books. A page or panel at a time. It’s even worse then in 2010.
    Though of course I’m sure others will tell me how it’s not despite the continually evidence. Lucky I’m a Nightwing fan, and she gets a little more to do there then just look at a screen or dump exposition, but still. This is the same road block Oracle faced a decade ago. Nothing has changed. Except now her prospects are even more limited with BoP off the table.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2021 at 03:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Also why cant we get a mature Batgirls book? Why does it have to be aimed at a younger audience?
    Because it's audience they need to appeal at this point. And it's pretty logical.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They just did a BoP book. I said it when the movie was first announced, Bop was going to now live or die with Harley. If the movie did well BoP would be cemented as Harley’s, if it did bad though it would then be deemed non-viable and shelved.

Honestly Oracle is screwed. For all the the talk of her importance they still seem to have no interest in doing any actual Oracle stories. Instead she has to settle for scraps in various books. A page or panel at a time. It’s even worse then in 2010.
    Though of course I’m sure others will tell me how it’s not despite the continually evidence. Lucky I’m a Nightwing fan, and she gets a little more to do there then just look at a screen or dump exposition, but still. This is the same road block Oracle faced a decade ago. Nothing has changed. Except now her prospects are even more limited with BoP off the table.
    Why is bop off the table
    With batgirl and black canary getting films a soft reboot can happen with huntress

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why is bop off the table
    With batgirl and black canary getting films a soft reboot can happen with huntress
    Because they just did it, and I highly doubt DC believes the lack of Oracle is why their recent BoP projects aren’t seeing any traction. Maybe after the Batgirl and Black Canary films, if they’re not terrible, they’ll revisit. But right now, I’m not seeing it.

Thinking the Batgirl movie is probably a couple of years out and I bet there will be a comic storyline around that time that puts Barbara back upfront, as THE Batgirl.

What will it take to see Babs upfront as Oracle though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What will it take to see Babs upfront as Oracle though.
    Why would anyone give up their legs? What is a practical reason for her to give that up right now ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Thinking the Batgirl movie is probably a couple of years out and I bet there will be a comic storyline around that time that puts Barbara back upfront, as THE Batgirl.
    I see more likely that Barbara will have a solo (mini or ongoing) as Batgirl when the movie is released.

Batgirls is an all age comics, so they want to appeal a younger audience with this comic. That's why Stephanie and Cassandra are the main leads.

Honestly, I think Barbara will have an important mentor role and she would likely have her own arcs, but she is the "responsible adult" in the story.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-16-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Barbara is Batgirl in Superhero Girls so I don't think all ages argument really makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Barbara is Batgirl in Superhero Girls so I don't think all ages argument really makes sense.
    Barbara is a High School student in Superhero Girls. It's easier they could use Barbara as Batgirl to attract younger audience in another media, because they could make her younger.

In fact, DC tried to attract younger audience with Burnside Batgirl in comics, but many Barbara fans complained about Barbara being younger and hipster.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-16-2021 at 08:07 AM.

I think there's a solid chance Babs will be prominent in Batgirls without having a need to be Batgirl. I don't know if she'll have a story arc or character development but I think there's a chance she'll be depicted as Oracle on par with BoP.