Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 443
  1. #346
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,479

    Default

    Art loots quite nice

  2. #347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Joker #2 has a major development for Babs.
    spoilers:
    Her Dad knows she's Batgirl and Oracle.
    end of spoilers
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goth...girl-spoilers/
    curious. possible consequences?

  3. #348
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,171

    Default

    You all should definitely read Joker issue 2, besied what was spoiled above Tynion also manages to fix how their relationship ended in batgirl 50. Also Cecil's story in urban legends isn't too bad, it has cameos with steph,cass and dick also.

  4. #349
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Some unlettered art by Marguerite Sauvage:



    Beautiful.

    I thrilled she can be Oracle without being in a wheelchair.

    Who's the lavender lady with the pufferfish shoulders?
    Last edited by scary harpy; 04-13-2021 at 10:33 AM.

  5. #350
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,867

    Default

    I agree. I wonder how they will handle her being Oracle. This artwork from Batman: Urban Legends #2 and the name is Vi
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-13-2021 at 10:36 AM.

  6. #351
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Beautiful.

    I thrilled she can be Oracle without being in a wheelchair.

    Who's the lavender lady with the pufferfish shoulders?
    I think she was a virus girl Castelluci created in her last issue.

  7. #352
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I agree. I wonder how they will handle her being Oracle. This artwork from Batman: Urban Legends #2 and the name is Vi
    Yes it is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #353
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    She looks beautiful

  9. #354
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,479

    Default

    So that Oracle story in Urban Legends...hmm. How do I say this calmly. This is exactly the kind of thing that I have been waiting for since they brought Oracle back. This is the kind of of stuff we need to see. I need more. Way more. Art was fantastic, the vision of Oracle was new, modern, and incorporated today’s trends, and the story itself was unique and different from a typical Bat member beat up the bad guy and save the day adventure. I can not express how much I enjoyed this story. It needs not to be overlooked. This is what we need more of with Oracle.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-13-2021 at 12:51 PM.

  10. #355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So that Oracle story in Urban Legends...hmm. How do I say this calmly. This is exactly the kind of thing that I have been waiting for since they brought Oracle back. This is the kind of of stuff we need to see. I need more. Way more. Art was fantastic, the vision of Oracle was new, modern, and incorporated today’s trends, and the story itself was unique and different from a typical Bat member beat up the bad guy and save the day adventure. I can not express how much I enjoyed this story. It needs not to be overlooked. This is what we need more of with Oracle.
    so what happens here?
    Barbara has deliberately retired from street patrols? Was she injured again? Did she decide that she's "too old" for being street-active? Was it a mandate from Bruce Wayne?

  11. #356
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what happens here?
    Barbara has deliberately retired from street patrols? Was she injured again? Did she decide that she's "too old" for being street-active? Was it a mandate from Bruce Wayne?
    No, nothing that over complicated. She just realized Oracle can evolved and doesn’t need to be tethered behind a desktop anymore. So while investigating a previous enemy she got up and started investigating as Oracle. Testing how it would out. Rather then call someone to do it for her. Not that she didn’t call in contacts.

    And it wasn’t like I’m Oracle, here I am to save the day like she would do as Batgirl. So this wasn’t just her being Batgirl as Oracle. No she walked among the people, blended in, and operated covertly in daylight. But hands on in the mix.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-13-2021 at 01:39 PM.

  12. #357
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what happens here?
    Barbara has deliberately retired from street patrols? Was she injured again? Did she decide that she's "too old" for being street-active? Was it a mandate from Bruce Wayne?
    I haven't read that story, but if you've been paying attention to this thread, it's been previously mentioned that Infinite Frontier #0 had Barbara saying she wasn't going to be active as Batgirl as often now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think it's been said she's no longer Batgirl PERIOD.

    This is from the Stephanie Brown thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    For those who haven't read it, Infinite Frontier confirmed this: the section featuring Barbara had her explain her new status quo as being behind the keyboard again, not because she can't go out and kick A as Batgirl but because Cass and Steph are covering that end of things for her now.
    Slight qualification:

    They had previously had Barbara having some glitches with her implant during her solo series. This just seemed to clarify that she is not going into action as Batgirl as frequently any longer, but will do so when she's needed in that role. And I'm assuming that sometime in the future, a writer can decide to change things back to her spending more time as Batgirl / less time as Oracle (though I have no idea when that might possibly happen).
    And if you remember in Barbara's recent series when she got rid of the Burnside outfit, she was already having implant issues then.

  13. #358
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So that Oracle story in Urban Legends...hmm. How do I say this calmly. This is exactly the kind of thing that I have been waiting for since they brought Oracle back. This is the kind of of stuff we need to see. I need more. Way more. Art was fantastic, the vision of Oracle was new, modern, and incorporated today’s trends, and the story itself was unique and different from a typical Bat member beat up the bad guy and save the day adventure. I can not express how much I enjoyed this story. It needs not to be overlooked. This is what we need more of with Oracle.
    From Castelluci? Interesting.

  14. #359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I haven't read that story, but if you've been paying attention to this thread, it's been previously mentioned that Infinite Frontier #0 had Barbara saying she wasn't going to be active as Batgirl as often now.And if you remember in Barbara's recent series when she got rid of the Burnside outfit, she was already having implant issues then.
    so did Wayne commission the tech for the implant? A kind of long-delayed attempt to make up for what happened in Killing Joke?

  15. #360
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Some unlettered art by Marguerite Sauvage:

    Not a fan.

    It’s Babs in her stay-at-home mom “Karen” costume. Instead of fighting crime does she just call the police and complain about having to wear a mask in her favorite Starbucks?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •