Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1618

Oracle, Dick and Bitewing in Deathstroke Inc. #3 Deathstroke Inc. (2021-) 003-021~2.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Oracle, Dick and Bitewing in Deathstroke Inc. #3 Deathstroke Inc. (2021-) 003-021~2.jpg
    Crashing with Dick she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Crashing with Dick she said.
    English ain't my first language so I gotta say I'm still kinda confused by what she meant by "crashing" with him lol

Extraordinary Member

English ain't my first language so I gotta say I'm still kinda confused by what she meant by "crashing" with him lol
    Since the clock tower is destroyed she is staying with him while searching for a new place for her, steph and cass. However their relationship has also entered a more intimate direction, so I am sure they are being very cozy.

Crash is English slang for sleep. So what she meant by crashing is that she is sleeping over.

I'm glad Dick is abridged of anything Deathstroke.

Extraordinary Member

if things keep going like this up to nightwing 100 I think we could reach this

I hope not. Gambit marrying Rogue was the worst thing that happened to his character. Completely destroyed him. Now Babs and Dick are on much more even footing in terms of status, so it isn't like one would completely cannibalize the other, but I don't think a marriage is needed. They haven't really properly dated in like 15 years. Don't need to jump to marriage I feel like.

I mean, I love Gambit and Rogue so...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I hope not. Gambit marrying Rogue was the worst thing that happened to his character. Completely destroyed him. Now Babs and Dick are on much more even footing in terms of status, so it isn't like one would completely cannibalize the other, but I don't think a marriage is needed. They haven't really properly dated in like 15 years. Don't need to jump to marriage I feel like.
    It wouldn’t be a jump 14 issues from now it be a hop. Yes it did hurt gambit, they don’t know what to do with him but that seems more like they are overwhelmed with characters not enoough books. Rouge and Gambit and mr and Mrs X were great. Excalibur canceling it sucked. But dick and Babs getting married would change nothing in their books except they would come home to each other. They are gonna be guest starring in each other’s books anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It wouldn’t be a jump 14 issues from now it be a hop. Yes it did hurt gambit, they don’t know what to do with him but that seems more like they are overwhelmed with characters not enoough books. Rouge and Gambit and mr and Mrs X were great. Excalibur canceling it sucked. But dick and Babs getting married would change nothing in their books except they would come home to each other. They are gonna be guest starring in each other’s books anyway
    I didn't like anything Kelly Thompson did with them, especially Gambit. Thought it was kind of a mess and ran Gambit's character into the round by stripping him of any agency. The only way I'll be fine with Dick and Babs getting married is if Dick decides to move back to Gotham with Babs and they live there. So it would get Dick out of Bludhaven which is my dream, but given Taylor's run that seems unlikely sadly.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't like anything Kelly Thompson did with them, especially Gambit. Thought it was kind of a mess and ran Gambit's character into the round by stripping him of any agency. The only way I'll be fine with Dick and Babs getting married is if Dick decides to move back to Gotham with Babs and they live there. So it would get Dick out of Bludhaven which is my dream, but given Taylor's run that seems unlikely sadly.
    It’s a half hour commute to Gotham and Oracle works from home remotely so the compromise is their. She can trust Steph and Cass

I don't like how they look in DeathStroke Inc. They look very strange. Especially Dick. With the engagement. Happy and yet with a bit of doubt has the two when in a relationship before did appear many times in other comics as a couple before breaking it off. So Happy yet cautious is what I will say.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-23-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Def not on equal footing. I think Dick is too under developed to even think about marriage considering everything that happened to him in the last 30 years. Babs is to me ISNT as under developed and has a solid base of operations in Gotham. Marrying Dick would nuke all of that. ItÂ’s bad enough they reduced her to a side character in Nightwing solo where not even Dick is getting to shine because he has to share the screen with her. ItÂ’s the same problem that rogue and gambit are having. In which they should have never gotten married in the first place and nobody asked for it. I wonder if they have walked it back already. I think DC would be shooting themselves in the foot to marry off Dick, especially with Babs who in my opinion deserves someone more on her footing where she doesnÂ’t need to join their solo to be with them.

This is where I actually miss silver/Bronze Age Babs because she was much more developed and had a lot going for her and was involved with much more characters. It seems DC wants to tease thy era for Babs but donÂ’t want to commit to it. I wish they would because 70s Babs was the best Babs! Being retconned to be with Dick has reduced her character so far down into a hole she is not even able to be batgirl without people being obtuse about it despite the fact her batgirl had the best batgirl content.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Def not on equal footing. I think Dick is too under developed to even think about marriage considering everything that happened to him in the last 30 years. Babs is to me ISNT as under developed and has a solid base of operations in Gotham. Marrying Dick would nuke all of that. ItÂ’s bad enough they reduced her to a side character in Nightwing solo where not even Dick is getting to shine because he has to share the screen with her. ItÂ’s the same problem that rogue and gambit are having. In which they should have never gotten married in the first place and nobody asked for it. I wonder if they have walked it back already. I think DC would be shooting themselves in the foot to marry off Dick, especially with Babs who in my opinion deserves someone more on her footing where she doesnÂ’t need to join their solo to be with them.

This is where I actually miss silver/Bronze Age Babs because she was much more developed and had a lot going for her and was involved with much more characters. It seems DC wants to tease thy era for Babs but donÂ’t want to commit to it. I wish they would because 70s Babs was the best Babs! Being retconned to be with Dick has reduced her character so far down into a hole she is not even able to be batgirl without people being obtuse about it despite the fact her batgirl had the best batgirl content.
    Ok ok bro
    Now have some lovely DickBabs as dog parents
    images (5).jpg