Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
Her behind the scenes, not as Batgirl. Maybe commenting on wanting to be Batgirl, maybe not: she’ll be there, but she won’t be active. Cass and Steph fans will get what they’ve been pissing and moaning for at last and Barbara will suffer for it.
We don't know enough about the book to say that for sure.
Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
For how long and how competently? This could well be the vehicle Tynion approved to reason out why she’s ‘not good’ as Batgirl, hence the partner-position in someone else’s book rather than her own solo.
I doubt Tynion is that directly involved in Tom Taylor's Nightwing. They wouldn't be talking her up as Batgirl if that were the case in my opinion.
Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Here's the the thing though, when things are going down in the field they write plot armor so that she can't do anything. Ghost Maker had un-hackable tech for example. Her doing behind the scene things, despite being potentially effective, they don't actually want it to be that effective as its lacks visual flair and at the end of the day she's not the true hero of these stories. As to detective work at one point she called in others to literally just read for her. The vision of what she potentially could be, is just not what she currently is.
She's ultimately a supporting character in a Batman book in this context, but I feel like that's where other books will pick up and show her in a more direct role.
And I think your confusing what Oracle could do with what she actually is doing. Which is little more the dumping exposition and organizing appearances.
I feel like we go around in circles as far as what we view Oracle as being, so I think we can both agree that there is more potential for Oracle than people give her credit for?