Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Brianne Drouhard.

Attachment 113844
    This is really cute .
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yes, but part of the point of her being Oracle is that she’s not Batgirl any more. If they are just going to sell Oracle in Batgirl, and present Oracle as a Batgirl with a different name (or even less then as Batgirl support), there is really no point to her being Oracle then. Beside getting her out the way.
    I think part of the point of Oracle is how being Batgirl informed her experience and personality as she mentors and works with other heroes.

Extraordinary Member

The actress is getting so much positive reception online, i hope this isnt the last we see of her

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Titans, does Barbara have a middle name in the comics? Because in the show, it's Gail, in honour of Gail Simone.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gail...bo-max-titans/
    Whoops...probably didn't need to give this it's own thread. Hadn't seen this. Sorry for the redundancy.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Whoops...probably didn't need to give this it's own thread. Hadn't seen this. Sorry for the redundancy.
    the article was sweet,
    I am so glad they honored her

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So you don’t think Oracle has a purpose ?
    Right now, no. She is basically just the Batfamily’s secretary. Assisting them and taking care of there needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of the point of Oracle is how being Batgirl informed her experience and personality as she mentors and works with other heroes.
    Then Oracle is broken if you seriously think the point of it is to train new Batgirls or “mentor” them. She’s not actually doing anything else important, so I guess that is her point now. Which is rather sad and frustrating, but worse is how it’s accepted. Make her Batgirl and people freak out, make her subservient to Batgirl (in terms of role) and it’s thumbs up. Something is very broken here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-17-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Right now, no. She is basically just the Batfamily’s secretary. Assisting them and taking care of there needs.
    I know we've discussed this but I think she does more than just a secretary.
    Then Oracle is broken if you seriously think the point of it is to train new Batgirls or “mentor” them. She’s not actually doing anything else important, so I guess that is her point now. Which is rather sad and frustrating, but worse is how it’s accepted. Make her Batgirl and people freak out, make her subservient to Batgirl (in terms of role) and it’s thumbs up. Something is very broken here.
    It's not even her status as Oracle, it's her status as the adult, main, Batgirl.

The Oracle component is using the other girls as her agents that she sends out like she did Dinah and the BoP.

I know we've discussed this but I think she does more than just a secretary.
    Where exactly?

It's not even her status as Oracle, it's her status as the adult, main, Batgirl.

The Oracle component is using the other girls as her agents that she sends out like she did Dinah and the BoP.
    So Oracle is inherently just Batgirl then? That doesn't seem like part of its point. And she worked with Dinah in BoP. She wasn't just mission control to give the star of the book missions. To try and pretend they are the same situation is rather disingenuous and a disservice to what BoP was for her. The role's are not equal regardless of narrative's illusion of authority. Its a subservient role to the title character. As we have seen in every Batgirls content they have produced.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-17-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Where exactly?
    I meant as a general rule if not always in practice.
    So Oracle is inherently just Batgirl then? That doesn't seem like part of its point. And she worked with Dinah in BoP. She wasn't just mission control to give the star of the book missions. To try and pretend they are the same situation is rather disingenuous and a disservice to what BoP was for her. The role's are not equal regardless of narrative's illusion of authority. Its a subservient role to the title character. As we have seen in every Batgirls content they have produced.
    Barbara Gordon is inherently connected to Batgirl. I mean, we have no idea how she's going to be written in the book, although I never felt like she was subservient in Cass and Steph's books.

Astonishing Member

Barbara Gordon is inherently connected to Batgirl. I mean, we have no idea how she's going to be written in the book, although I never felt like she was subservient in Cass and Steph's books.
    I should agree with Godlike13, Barbara seems to be a supporting character in the story. The main focus on the comic seems to be on Stephanie and Cassandra.

I think Barbara will have a important role in the Batgirls comic (maybe she has her own character arcs too), but Barbara doesn't seem to be the selling point of the Batgirls comic. She will likely have a similar role to her role in Stephanie Batgirl's solo.

In BoP, Barbara as Oracle was one of the selling points for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I should agree with Godlike13, Barbara seems to be a supporting character in the story. The main focus on the comic seems to be on Stephanie and Cassandra.

I think Barbara will have a important role in the Batgirls comic (maybe she has her own character arcs too), but Barbara doesn't seem to be the selling point of the Batgirls comic. She will likely have a similar role to her role in Stephanie Batgirl's solo.

In BoP, Barbara as Oracle was one of the selling points for the book.
    Definitely Steph and Cass seem to be the active leads as the active Batgirls (personally I would prefer all three active as Batgirls in the book, but c'est la vie) although as Oracle she is seen on at least a few of the covers (if not as prominent so as to indicate a selling point, I guess).

Well all the cover art and writers mentioning Super Sons as an inspiration to me indicates that Babs will be a supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well all the cover art and writers mentioning Super Sons as an inspiration to me indicates that Babs will be a supporting character.
    So would Oracle then be like Superman and Batman in this context?

Extraordinary Member

When Barbra is in the field she is batgirl. Cass and Steph will go by their alternative code Ames. When she is in the chair she becomes Oracle and the girls can take on the Batgirl code name. Eventually Barbra in the field will remain Oracle at all times but for now she is switching back and forth.

The Three Jokers Batgirl action figure has been revealed and she is beautiful.
    https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/18/d...evealed-444386

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    The Three Jokers Batgirl action figure has been revealed and she is beautiful.
    https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/18/d...evealed-444386
    So, the story was bad (to put it mildly), but look at all the wonderful toys!