Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1618

Can't wait for this movie

Cop!Barbara feels weird to me.

Feel like going cop as her origin is an easy way to introduce the audience to her being a crime fighter.

I prefer librarian, but I can see why they'd go with the cop angle. It's an easier narrative to sell. In Batgirl Year One she wanted to be a cop but her dad stopped it so guess it might be a way of honoring that also?

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Feel like going cop as her origin is an easy way to introduce the audience to her being a crime fighter.

I prefer librarian, but I can see why they'd go with the cop angle. It's an easier narrative to sell. In Batgirl Year One she wanted to be a cop but her dad stopped it so guess it might be a way of honoring that also?
    I guess I'm wondering how they execute it.

I do wonder. If the fact Keaton is involved. Could this be in a way a spin off to 89? I do wonder if we will get to see conflict between her and her father.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-01-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I do wonder. If the fact Keaton is involved. Could this be in a way a spin off to 89? The more they show the more unlikely it's her mom that's the cop. I do wonder if we will get to see conflict between her and her father.
    Is Keaton confirmed? They had to pay him extra for flash because of the virus, I pray omicron doesn’t delay, but Keaton also shouldn’t jeopardize

Overall more and more sources are saying yes. He will be in the mentor role. Overall they are keeping a lot of things secret but Keaton is main Batman now.

Spectacular Member

Officer Barbara Gordon, mentored by a seventy-year-old Batman. Who is older than her father.
    Why?
    Why?

I so want to be excited for this movie, but it’s sounding like this Barbara will resemble any version of the character from her fiftyfour year history about as closely as ‘Barbara Wilson’ did.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Officer Barbara Gordon, mentored by a seventy-year-old Batman. Who is older than her father.
    Why?
    Why?

I so want to be excited for this movie, but it’s sounding like this Barbara will resemble any version of the character from her fiftyfour year history about as closely as ‘Barbara Wilson’ did.
    Why should they use the material from the comic books as the basis for movie/TV versions of comic book characters?

And considering how badly WB screws these movie/TV versions up, perhaps it's better that way . . .

I mean it's not to different from Batman Beyond. So I'm don't understand why this is an issue. I wonder if Sam Young will make a cameo. I doubt that

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Why?
    Why?

I think at the end of the day it depends on the execution and we should wait until we see how they're going to ultimately handle everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean it's not to different from Batman Beyond. So I'm don't understand why this is an issue. I wonder if Sam Young will make a cameo. I doubt that
    People keep bringing up Beyond and Titans when those were stuff she did after she was Batgirl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think at the end of the day it depends on the execution and we should wait until we see how they're going to ultimately handle everything.

People keep bringing up Beyond and Titans when those were stuff she did after she was Batgirl.

Working with the GCPD
    Moonlighting as batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Working with the GCPD
    Moonlighting as batgirl
    I think more people are comfortable with Babs being a tech girl with the GCPD than being an actual officer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think more people are comfortable with Babs being a tech girl with the GCPD than being an actual officer.
    She has to start somewhere if she is going to be commsioner one day
    people are also comfortable with babs being a Caucasian redhead, change is okay and different is okay,