Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Task Force Z #3 Preview

Task Force Z #3 Preview
    Writer: Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Eddy Barrows

"Wait, there's two of you?" All the better Jason, all the better...

Well, after the way Floyd died in Taylor's SS run, it can't get any worse.

Well, that happened. I wonder if Jason does know he's been brought back by the serum. At least twice, if I understand their chatting right. Which would explain his scarred back. And I guess the serum just works differently for him, and they have no idea why, and that, unlike the others, he's fully alive.

Hummm...
    I want to see how it follows. I guess this chapter is about Floyd and Jason, their differences, and where they stand. I was looking forward for this team up, because I see potential on it. But I guesa this is going to be rocky, by this bitter start.

Also, downsunner, feels like she's cherishing Jason somehow.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-23-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And I guess the serum just works differently for him, and they have no idea why, and that, unlike the others, he's fully alive.
    This appears to be answered right in the preview. It's a dosage thing. Low dose = zombie. Full dose = resurrection. They gave Jason the larger size.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This appears to be answered right in the preview. It's a dosage thing. Low dose = zombie. Full dose = resurrection. They gave Jason the larger size.
    They seemed to pump a lot more in them in the previous issue and they still remained undead. Astrid herself consumed what looked like a lot more and wasn't entirely alive yet.

I mean, I'm sure we will know this same issue. But I suspect it's not that simple for Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    They seemed to pump a lot more in them in the previous issue and they still remained undead. Astrid herself consumed what looked like a lot more and wasn't entirely alive yet.

I mean, I'm sure we will know this same issue. But I suspect it's not that simple for Jason.
    Well, Jason has actually taken a dip in the real Lazarus Pit, so that may be what sets him apart.

Extraordinary Member

So Floyd has died 4 times right

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If I get this one right, he has died twice this year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He's notoriously hard to kill and stay dead .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's notoriously hard to kill and stay dead .
    Well I remember new 52 Waller use to pump her revival fluid into them

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, apparently, you were right. They seem to imply they gave Jason the whole dose a few pages after.
    But it's a bit inconsistent, if you ask me.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel like Bane is going to come right back in the next issue, but that was a satisfying scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I feel like Bane is going to come right back in the next issue, but that was a satisfying scene.
    Oh yeah, even if there is fallout I’m 100% on Jason’s side for this. It hasn’t felt like Bane got his true comeuppance for his actions involving Alfred until this point with Jason.

Sure, he died but that was in service to another villains story ie setting up Fear State. Seeing an actual Bat-family member seriously take it out on Bane feels earned.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Bane's "death" is completely meaningless, as is the death of anyone in this dreck of a book. They will just keep coming back again and again as the plot demands, solicits already spoiled that Bane will be back next issue and is pretty much the secondary lead. This was just a "shocking" scene that serves no purpose other than giving a "cool" scene but that does absolutely nothing for the characters involved and certainly does nothing to give closure to the colossal mistake that was killing Alfred in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Bane's "death" is completely meaningless, as is the death of anyone in this dreck of a book. They will just keep coming back again and again as the plot demands, solicits already spoiled that Bane will be back next issue and is pretty much the secondary lead. This was just a "shocking" scene that serves no purpose other than giving a "cool" scene but that does absolutely nothing for the characters involved and certainly does nothing to give closure to the colossal mistake that was killing Alfred in the first place.
    I wouldn't say it was completely meaningless. Jason made sure it was actually Bane he was talking to, not just a barely functioning corpse. That's why he kicked Bane off the building. And yes, Bane will most likely come back, but he now knows that unlike Bruce, Jason won't hesitate. Plus there's now trauma from dying again to be added.