Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you mean? Domion are mask are smaller and round than what Babs is reading
    They call her wearing full cowl Dominoed Daredoll. So I'm calling that a domino too.

I don't know the name of that kind of mask.
    By the way, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition for "domino" includes
    a
    (1): a long loose hooded cloak usually worn with a half mask as a masquerade costume
    (2): a half mask worn over the eyes with a masquerade costume

b: a person wearing a domino
    And in terms of women wearing domino masks, there was a 1930s pulp magazine character named Domino Lady:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition for "domino" includesAnd in terms of women wearing domino masks, there was a 1930s pulp magazine character named Domino Lady:
    The hooded cloak one is like a pop culture fantasy assassin or, well, Green Arrow right

It's such a shame Babs as Batgirl has no cowl anymore. That look was the definitive Batgirl look for her.
    Im not a fan of Batgirl in these dominoed masks just look silly in my opinion.
    I always hated that the Batman and Robin movie made Batgirl/Alicia Silverstone wear a dominoed mask. It drove me mad because when she wore the cowl on the MotorBike scene she looks amazing.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. II (April 1985)
    And the revised post-CoIE version:

from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 1 (August 1987)

NOTE: The Killing Joke wasn't released until the following year
    (1988)

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    It's such a shame Babs as Batgirl has no cowl anymore. That look was the definitive Batgirl look for her.
    Im not a fan of Batgirl in these dominoed masks just look silly in my opinion.
    I always hated that the Batman and Robin movie made Batgirl/Alicia Silverstone wear a dominoed mask. It drove me mad because when she wore the cowl on the MotorBike scene she looks amazing.
    Yeah, her costume during Gail Simone run was her best look of all time imo.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

And the revised post-CoIE version:

from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 1 (August 1987)

NOTE: The Killing Joke wasn't released until the following year
    (1988)
    So Betty and Kathy were still canon early on, then they're erased by... Zero Hour?

Betty had her history altered so she was never Bat-Girl, and was called Flamebird instead. For some reason her civilian name was changed slightly to Bette. She wasn't erased, just changed. Kathy was indeed originally retconned away. Kate Kane was meant to be her modern counterpart, but then Grant Morrison brought Kathy back a couple of years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    No. Stephanie was the last Batgirl before the reboot. At that time, Cassandra was using a new identity called BlackBat.

The solicitations for Future State Nightwing #2 mentioned that he receive help from two Batgirls, Huntress, and Two-Face.

I guess Barbara is one of the two Batgirls. We don't know who is the other, although the solicitations could be misleading (we didn't know Barbara was still Batgirl at that time) and we have three Batgirls.
    Batgirls established that Steph was already working for Dick, but went undercover as a villain, then ended up in jail. So it depends if that's set before or after Nightwing. If it's before, Steph would already be in deep cover, so it couldn't be her. Cass only got herself arrested after Babs was captured, and in that case it can't have happened yet. If it's set after Batgirls, then Babs has already been rescued and both of the other Batgirls would also be free to help out.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-23-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Yeh her costume from Gails run was perfect. It looked amazing, it was covered in armor to protect her and her spine. The cowl covered her head for more protection and it helped hide her identity better.
    It was just beatiful!

And then when Burnside started, they had all her gear including the costume destroyed in a fire. Which was dumb. Surely you don't keep everything in one place? Especially not a van, which could've been stolen (which would've been worse than a fire since that would've meant gear falling into the wrong hands). She should've kept her stuff at home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, for a modern costume it made a lot of sense. I'd have maybe streamlined it a little, like the Three Jokers costume, but otherwise it looks good.

Could do with out the ridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Could do with out the ridges.
    Yeah, I feel like they streamlined that and the armor a little, it'd be perfect.

But I always hated the tops of the boots . . . it seemed a bit overkill for the Bat-motif.

So I take it Oracle is Babs current name and not Batgirl.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-26-2021 at 02:27 PM.

I have to wonder. Could Dc ever and not in the main cannon. Could Dc ever make the Congresswoman thing interesting? I mean what job career would even work for Babs? I know librarian career was her main one for a while