Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't remember the specific, but they had to fight for it. I think one of the problem was the studio did not believe/want a toon that appeals to both adult and children.

You know I really need to reread the sources before talking about it sometimes.

Brb

"After every single storyboard, FOX would send the producers a long single-spaced list of restrictions about five pages in length, on things they could not do, for example: no child endangerment, no open wounds, no blood, no heavy gun violence, no strangling or neck grabs, no alcohol references, and no smoking. The FOX network was really picky, not just about the censorship, but just in terms of content and story. The network had many opinions on what the producers should and shouldn't be doing."

"The producers admitted that this series wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for Tim Burton's Batman (1989)."

"Producer Bruce Timm aggressively pushed back with Broadcast Standards and Practices to allow the content featured in the show. There were many days where Timm would go home and think he would be fired the next day. Avery Coebern, the vice-president of Fox Kids Broadcast Standards & Practices, understood this was an afternoon show that was appealing to an older bunch of kids instead of 2 year olds and would include guns and fist fights. Sidney Iwaner considers Cobern the unsung hero of this shows because if they had a normal BS&P person from the 60's or 70's he would have been "flamed alive" for allowing the content of this show. Coebern had great respect for the creative team that was producing this show. "

Those are the ones in IMDB, which was not the Youtube and written news I read but I can't find it.

I remember they fought for the mature tone, but I thought they fought for it in the pitch.
    Yeah, Fox S&P was notorious. In the Spider-Man cartoon, Peter was never able to throw a punch (had to rely on his webs, dodging, and judo type moves instead), the Punisher had to have laser guns (because of the gun violence rule), Morbius (a vampire) couldn't bite people (to avoid showing blood - he drained plasma via his hands instead), and Captain America and Red Skull were trapped in some time vortex instead of Cap being frozen for 50 years (no idea what they found wrong with the comics story there).

Batman was lucky to get away with so much.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious if we had to point at least one other main love interest for Babs who would it be? I mean should we being in Sam Young to set up Batman Beyond thing or should it be someone else? I still kind of want to know what her live has a congresswoman would have been like. Also I'm curious any chance you guys think BoP comic would ever return?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious if we had to point at least one other main love interest for Babs who would it be? I mean should we being in Sam Young to set up Batman Beyond thing or should it be someone else? I still kind of want to know what her live has a congresswoman would have been like. Also I'm curious any chance you guys think BoP comic would ever return?
    If Sam had appeared in the last ten years Mabey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious if we had to point at least one other main love interest for Babs who would it be? I mean should we being in Sam Young to set up Batman Beyond thing or should it be someone else?
    She has had many love interests through the years, to the point that we have a whole thread dedicated to them - they just haven't really stuck. Part of that is because her central romance with Dick Grayson is too central to allow for competition.

It's somewhat of a Superman & Wonder-Woman situation, in which other love interests pop up from time to time, but we all know they'll go back to Lois Lane and Steve Trevor eventually. So it feels like a waste of time.

Also I'm curious any chance you guys think BoP comic would ever return?
    Of course, it will eventually return. Give it a few years.

So it's finally official, there is a Batgirls book/comic series coming out in December. The link is here https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/batgi...mpression=true
    I've been so excited for this series but now I'm unsure. Looks as if Babs will only be Oracle and not Batgirl and it also seems like it might be directed for a younger audience.
    Feeling disappointed at the moment.
    So Babs will be Batgirl only in Fear State and then back to Oracle?
    What is the point of giving her a new costume if she isn't going to be using it long?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    So it's finally official, there is a Batgirls book/comic series coming out in December. The link is here https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/batgi...mpression=true
    I've been so excited for this series but now I'm unsure. Looks as if Babs will only be Oracle and not Batgirl and it also seems like it might be directed for a younger audience.
    What is the point of giving her a new costume if she isn't going to be using it long?
    Official policy is that she is both Oracle and a Batgirl simultaneously. So while she may still wear the new costume from time to time.

Sounds like she's basically running mission control for both Dick and the girls, but will assist them as Batgirl if needed. But, she needs to minimise how often she does so for fear of burning out her chip and ending up back in the wheelchair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't think you will enjoy this comic. Stephanie and Cassandra seem to be the main characters, while Barbara is in a mentor/supporting role. After all, Cassandra and Stephanie are the Batgirls, while Barbara is Oracle/Batgirl.

I'm pretty sure Barbara will stil have an important role and character arcs, but she isn't in the main role.

DC has always wanted to use Batgirl name as a brand for a younger audience (that's why Burnside Batgirl existed). It seems they have concluded this isn't possible with Barbara, so they will try with the younger Batgirls.

Extraordinary Member

It may be her farewell to batgirl. Future state show us her in costume but as Oracle, which she may do here too, as backup if the girls need it and she can’t call, Dinah Dick or tim

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It may be her farewell to batgirl. Future state show us her in costume but as Oracle, which she may do here too, as backup if the girls need it and she can’t call, Dinah Dick or tim
    Technically, Barbara was called Batgirl by Dick too.

In Future State, Stephanie and Cassandra call each other as Batgirl, although they also have another code names. I suspect the same apply to Barbara.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-15-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Technically, Barbara was called Batgirl by Dick too.

In Future State, Stephanie and Cassandra call each other as Batgirl, although they also have another code names. I suspect the same apply to Barbara.
    The new titles are highlighted by the all-ages ongoing series Batgirls starring the former Orphan Cassandra Cain, the former Spoiler Stephanie Brown, and their mentor and current Batgirl and Oracle Barbara Gordon.

know what your right she is both

Seems like a waste to give her a new costume if she barely uses it.

Can't wait for another book where all Babs does is stare at computer screens and makes menial contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Can't wait for another book where all Babs does is stare at computer screens and makes menial contributions.
    At the very least I expect her to be written maturely and as a positive mentor figure who the girls look up to.