Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    What's important to me is that they are treating Babs with dignity and respect.

She's becoming Oracle like Richard became Nightwing...a natural progression of her/his character.

(I don't want to go into the horrible muck about how she became Oracle last time. I will point out that Grayson didn't become Nightwing because he had been castrated. Why should she be mutilated to 'grow' into a new identity?)

Under these circumstances, I'll be glad to have Cassandra be Batgirl. (I hope her costume gets some more color. It's so drab.)
    Nightwing retains a consistent solo and stories, and is generally published the same amount as Robin. What has Babs actually progressed on to as Oracle right now. Thats the problem. Hard to claim Oracle is a progression when what she progress on to is less then what she had.

Also why is support for Oracle almost always bookend by and then so and so can be Batgirl. The support for Oracle comes off disingenuous, and then makes one have to question why is not being Batgirl a progression for Babs yet not for your preferred Batgirl then.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-15-2021 at 02:32 PM.