Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1618
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ah. I watched season 1, it was...not good. Did it get better?
    ....maybe 5% better? But still a hot mess that desperately needs a new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....maybe 5% better? But still a hot mess that desperately needs a new creative team.
    That's not great to hear. Considering I heard season 3 was coming up or starting and I've started watching Doom Patrol on HBO Max, I was considering giving the new seasons a chance when I was finished with DP. Now kind of unsure...

That's not great to hear. Considering I heard season 3 was coming up or starting and I've started watching Doom Patrol on HBO Max, I was considering giving the new seasons a chance when I was finished with DP. Now kind of unsure...
    This season is more focused since its a glorified Batfam show now with it taking place in Gotham and half the characters being Bat characters so there's that? But Jasons story is incredibly rushed and thus very weak. Raven hasnt been seen since the end of S2 and we're already on episode 8.

This season is more focused since its a glorified Batfam show now with it taking place in Gotham and half the characters being Bat characters so there's that? But Jasons story is incredibly rushed and thus very weak. Raven hasnt been seen since the end of S2 and we're already on episode 8.
    Still might watch season two and this, maybe. Got time to kill anyways, and Batfam/Gotham stuff is clearly appealing to me.
    Also, it'd be hard for this to be worse than last season of Batwoman, and I saw most of that...

They make some really weird creative choice. I will give them that the energy Dick and Babs have in the show is the same as their comic counterparts.

Like I really enjoy Dickbabs, but even I still can't believe they've made Dickbabs canon in Titans tv show when Kory is there. I definitely think this should be a Nightwing show, but it's Titans I still can't believe Babs is such mainstay already.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    They make some really weird creative choice. I will give them that the energy Dick and Babs have in the show is the same as their comic counterparts.

Like I really enjoy Dickbabs, but even I still can't believe they've made Dickbabs canon in Titans tv show when Kory is there. I definitely think this should be a Nightwing show, but it's Titans I still can't believe Babs is such mainstay already.
    Wait, really? Aw poo, I prefer DicKory and Starfire was actually one of the few characters I liked in season 1. I mean her costume designer should've been fired, but the actress herself was kind of a bright spot from what I remember 2-3 years-ish later (whenever the heck the DVD set of season 1 dropped is when I watched).

They have hooked up...but just nothing outside of that. They spent more time on Dick/Dawns past romance than a potential romance with Kory which is weird.

They have hooked up...but just nothing outside of that. They spent more time on Dick/Dawns past romance than a potential romance with Kory which is weird.
    Won't lie, disappointing. Well, I've got animation for those two, guess the anti-DickKory folks have this?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

It was always meant to be a Nightwing show, but it got passed over so it was reworked into titans. Just like the young justice animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It was always meant to be a Nightwing show, but it got passed over so it was reworked into titans. Just like the young justice animated series.
    Likely but im pretty sure it had more to do with them developing a Titans tv show for TNT that fell through. Which was supposed to star Barbara so....either way it would've been very Gotham lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wow, pitchers really can't take the hint. I know I'm literally the only one here, but I just don't get the huge Nightwing love.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wow, pitchers really can't take the hint. I know I'm literally the only one here, but I just don't get the huge Nightwing love.
    if pitchers take a hint from studio execs, we wouldn't've gotten BTAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    if pitchers take a hint from studio execs, we wouldn't've gotten BTAS.
    Really? After the success of Burton's films I would've thought that must've been an easy pitch.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Really? After the success of Burton's films I would've thought that must've been an easy pitch.
    I don't remember the specific, but they had to fight for it. I think one of the problem was the studio did not believe/want a toon that appeals to both adult and children.

You know I really need to reread the sources before talking about it sometimes.

Brb

"After every single storyboard, FOX would send the producers a long single-spaced list of restrictions about five pages in length, on things they could not do, for example: no child endangerment, no open wounds, no blood, no heavy gun violence, no strangling or neck grabs, no alcohol references, and no smoking. The FOX network was really picky, not just about the censorship, but just in terms of content and story. The network had many opinions on what the producers should and shouldn't be doing."

"The producers admitted that this series wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for Tim Burton's Batman (1989)."

"Producer Bruce Timm aggressively pushed back with Broadcast Standards and Practices to allow the content featured in the show. There were many days where Timm would go home and think he would be fired the next day. Avery Coebern, the vice-president of Fox Kids Broadcast Standards & Practices, understood this was an afternoon show that was appealing to an older bunch of kids instead of 2 year olds and would include guns and fist fights. Sidney Iwaner considers Cobern the unsung hero of this shows because if they had a normal BS&P person from the 60's or 70's he would have been "flamed alive" for allowing the content of this show. Coebern had great respect for the creative team that was producing this show. "

Those are the ones in IMDB, which was not the Youtube and written news I read but I can't find it.

I remember they fought for the mature tone, but I thought they fought for it in the pitch.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-09-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't remember the specific, but they had to fight for it. I think one of the problem was the studio did not believe/want a toon that appeals to both adult and children.

You know I really need to reread the sources before talking about it sometimes.

Brb

"After every single storyboard, FOX would send the producers a long single-spaced list of restrictions about five pages in length, on things they could not do, for example: no child endangerment, no open wounds, no blood, no heavy gun violence, no strangling or neck grabs, no alcohol references, and no smoking. The FOX network was really picky, not just about the censorship, but just in terms of content and story. The network had many opinions on what the producers should and shouldn't be doing."

"The producers admitted that this series wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for Tim Burton's Batman (1989)."

"Producer Bruce Timm aggressively pushed back with Broadcast Standards and Practices to allow the content featured in the show. There were many days where Timm would go home and think he would be fired the next day. Avery Coebern, the vice-president of Fox Kids Broadcast Standards & Practices, understood this was an afternoon show that was appealing to an older bunch of kids instead of 2 year olds and would include guns and fist fights. Sidney Iwaner considers Cobern the unsung hero of this shows because if they had a normal BS&P person from the 60's or 70's he would have been "flamed alive" for allowing the content of this show. Coebern had great respect for the creative team that was producing this show. "

Those are the ones in IMDB, which was not the Youtube and written news I read but I can't find it.

I remember they fought for the mature tone, but I thought they fought for it in the pitch.
    Wow, studios sucked even worse in the 90s, and that's saying something! Glad they got BTAS through, mature tone and all. I think that helped force cartoons as a whole to step up their game and get better. Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and honestly every superhero show just about owes a lot to BTAS.